My world is ending

+
I originally purchased CP2077 on GoG and was dismayed to find it simply will not run on any of my computers. I found my solution in Stadia. Since the game runs on their server, all you need is a working window to reach it. You can even play on your phone.

But now my world is ending. Stadia is shutting down for good in January. Even if I go purchase a new copy I'm back to my original problem of not having a machine that can run it.

I just can't justify buying a new computer to play a game.

yabab

Forum regular
Feel for ya, OP. NVIDIA's streaming service used to have Cyberpunk available. How about xCloud, too? Not sure the game is there, but should get in there eventually.

Cyberpunk 2077 is accessible on Geforce Now. It's on their list anyway.

You still need to buy a copy from GoG/Steam/Epic and then link it to your Geforce Now account but you could play through there.

I have no clue if you'll be able to keep your save from Stadia. I presume so with the cross play feature added in 1.6.

Plus the higher tier gives you access to RTX 3000 series cards so you'll get much better graphics than Stadia. I think so anyway, I know very little of Google's platform.

But, no worries, there are alternatives to Stadia out there.

I briefly tried the service myself before upgrading my PC. It worked really well.

As a side note to everyone - if Google's plans aren't hyper lucrative RIGHT NOW, they will shut them down.

Last edited:
You dont really need a high-end PC to play Cyberpunk. I'm currently using a pretty old rig on ultra settings. I dont understand why you dont want to spend the money on a PC to be able to play all the games you want but on the other side you want to pay a monthly subscription for an offline single player game lol.

I found a list of cloud gaming services that have CP 2077.

Check them here: https://cloudbase.gg/g/cyberpunk-2077/

I second though GrimReaper801's recommendation for Geforce Now if you have compatible hardware.

Myself, I don't have any experience with services listed via link and I recommend checking user experiences from social media and also if unsubscribing from service is easy.

Other alternative I could think of is getting used Xbox One X or perhaps PS 4 Pro if you can get those for cheap. Graphical fidelity isn't there but as someone on Xbox One X (and did my first playthrough from day 1 version) game has worked well for me during my four playthroughs. Graphical fidelity isn't what's it's on current gen top line consoles or PC but for example, NPC's facial micro expressions are there, there's though not only expansion but also major patches will be available to PC and Xbox Series X / PS5 consoles.

If you find cloud gaming service that works for you, I think there might be quite a few people here who would appreciate that information.

I tried CP2077 on Geforce Now after launch back in 2021 just to compare how the game runs vs my hardware and I can confirm it was pretty good!

Not sure how it is now but I guess after all the updates it should run even better.

I ran the day release version of the game on win 7 with a 10 year old PC and Gforce 970 GC. I had NO game bugs on that play thru.
Game was great, look great, played great!

I am still running the game now (1.6 rev) on the same PC but using win 10 now.
(After switching to Win 10 I got serious bugs, but as of 1.6 they are not so bad anymore).

So what I am trying to say is that you could upgrade your PC a LITTLE and get the game to run well. No need to buy a spanking new PC. For example I just saw a MSI GeForce GTX 970 for less than 60 dollars on ebay.

Last edited:
You dont really need a high-end PC to play Cyberpunk. I'm currently using a pretty old rig on ultra settings. I dont understand why you dont want to spend the money on a PC to be able to play all the games you want but on the other side you want to pay a monthly subscription for an offline single player game lol.
I don't pay anything for Stadia. I payed for the game and that's it. And I don't know about anybody else but in my house if I have extra cash it gets spent on the family.

So you played for "free" ?
Because they have to run the game on the computer you don't have (and it's not free).
If yes, it's not surprising that Google give up :D

Nothing "in the cloud" should be considered anything but borrowed time...

Edit: Valve has promised that if they go out of business they will find a way to still allow players to play any game purchased from them. I assume that means THIER games not 3rd party games they also sell.

But I have come to the realization that even my steam games (all of them ) are also on borrowed time. My only hope is I die before they do.

Last edited:
Nothing "in the cloud" should be considered anything but borrowed time...

Edit: Valve has promised that if they go out of business they will find a way to still allow players to play any game purchased from them. I assume that means THIER games not 3rd party games they also sell.

But I have come to the realization that even my steam games (all of them ) are also on borrowed time. My only hope is I die before they do.
I think it depends on if the game has DRM that requires a connection for license check or not. Otherwise, if the game is downloaded (most of mine are, which is why I have something like 30TB of storage in this box...), then I would assume that it would run.

One can always check this by disconnecting from the internet, then running the game.

I'm considering that myself. I've grown sick and tired of PC gaming, which its Internet connection and f*cking DRM that impedes you to play the game you've already paid for. I'm a physical copy/disc player

Don't throw away your PC that runs your old DISK copy games! I have over 20 years of game box art with plastic drink coasters inside of them displayed on 5 shelves on my wall just collecting dust because I use to upgrade my PC every year and discovered too late that most of the old games will not run on todays Gameing PCs. :(

Some of the old Box CD games I was able to buy AGAIN on steam sales. Worth it somewhat because steam (Value) use to update the games to run on modern PC. But they have not been as good about that theses days. Instead they just do refunds.

Don't throw away your PC that runs your old DISK copy games! I have over 20 years of game box art with plastic drink coasters inside of them displayed on 5 shelves on my wall just collecting dust because I use to upgrade my PC every year and discovered too late that most of the old games will not run on todays Gameing PCs. :(
I've actually had pretty good luck with this. How old are you looking at? Between wine emulating old windows versions and DosBox doing old DOS versions, I've been able to get most things working.

Any of your computers??

So you have a few?

Need them all??

No??

Then sell them and buy a games console, then if the game is for that console it will play, unless its CP on xbox one or P4

Second hand Xbox one X maybe cheap (not sure) an it plays CP2077 fine, i played it with nigh no problems on it at launch until i got XSX, though i dont believe it going to see any expansions for the game.

Series S is great budget next gen console, few of my m8's got one after losing there jobs, pretty cheap monthly rent to buy an they just used Gamepass to solve there need for games since they dont mind not owning the game and just "renting" it so to speak.

Tbh the best move i personally ever made was going console, i never did have money for a decent computer an when i did get a half decent one i'd still need to edit .ini files because games would half the time no play on them even at low due to crap specs, best move was getting a console an if im honest xbox an gamepass is making it easier an cheaper for me anyhow, only thing i miss is some MMO an strategy games but there getting there

I'm considering that myself. I've grown sick and tired of PC gaming, which its Internet connection and f*cking DRM that impedes you to play the game you've already paid for. I'm a physical copy/disc player
yea i haven't been a pc gamer since the 90s console exclusive here, also the prices for GPUs are ridiculous. I just prefer sitting on my couch infront of a good tv with surround sound, much better experience imo and cheaper.

Some of the old Box CD games I was able to buy AGAIN on steam sales. Worth it somewhat because steam (Value) use to update the games to run on modern PC. But they have not been as good about that theses days. Instead they just do refunds.
No, no, no, of course NOT! That trusty PC stays anyway! I mean I won't buy more PC games from now on, as PC gaming has become 100% digital but console has not

I've actually had pretty good luck with this. How old are you looking at? Between wine emulating old windows versions and DosBox doing old DOS versions, I've been able to get most things working.

Main issue is often the Graphics. For example I tried to run my original box version of outlaws (by Lucasarts)
and got a lot of psychedelic images instead. Sound is good, game is playing but it looks like a bad trip on magic mushroom's:

1665010670338.png

This is one of the games I RE-paid for on steam as they fixed it to run on modern PC (a long time ago) but now even the steam version seems to not be updated anymore for todays PC. At least the last time I tried it.

Top Bottom