My world is ending

+
yea i haven't been a pc gamer since the 90s console exclusive here, also the prices for GPUs are ridiculous. I just prefer sitting on my couch infront of a good tv with surround sound, much better experience imo and cheaper.
But... my PC has that.

Seriously, my monitor is 43" 120Hz 4K and the audio out is hooked to an ancient Denon receiver pushing a 5.1 Cambridge Soundworks (if anyone remembers them from back in the day) surround system, and it's balanced for a single primary seat as opposed to the home theater which is balanced for 9 different seating positions.

Sure, most of it is old, but it still sounds brilliant.
Post automatically merged:

Main issue is often the Graphics. For example I tried to run my original box version of outlaws (by Lucasarts)
and got a lot of psychedelic images instead. Sound is good, game is playing but it looks like a bad trip on magic mushroom's:

View attachment 11323226

This is one of the games I RE-paid for on steam as they fixed it to run on modern PC (a long time ago) but now even the steam version seems to not be updated anymore for todays PC. At least the last time I tried it.
I don't have that one, so I can't try it. WineHQ says the GOG version might work (it's rated Silver), but probably not.

(Like I said, I've had luck with *most* games).

The early Windows games are indeed the trickiest. Pre-3D DOS games generally work. Win2k and later games generally work. It's that 1995-2000 era where it was kind of the wild west of "let's abuse Windows to get more frames" and "ooh, look, fancy new 3D cards with no real standards yet" that seems to be really tricky to emulate.

Last edited:
But... my PC has that.

Seriously, my monitor is 43" 120Hz 4K and the audio out is hooked to an ancient Denon receiver pushing a 5.1 Cambridge Soundworks (if anyone remembers them from back in the day) surround system, and it's balanced for a single primary seat as opposed to the home theater which is balanced for 9 different seating positions.
Been doing that myself for years now, using the TV rather than a normal PC screen. Also more comfortable as leaves much more space between you and the screen

Been doing that myself for years now, using the TV rather than a normal PC screen. Also more comfortable as leaves much more space between you and the screen
The only downside is that I haven't found a TV that does FreeSYNC or G-SYNC, so you need to spend 3x as much for a monitor that does.

The only downside is that I haven't found a TV that does FreeSYNC or G-SYNC, so you need to spend 3x as much for a monitor that does.
There is the 40+ screens that are coming now, asus/acer so on has been working on them. 4k 120+hz and with gsync/freesync but they are very expensive.. Can buy a much better TV for that price.

Edit nvm the TVs are just as expensive. They all say they support g-sync and free sync too so its all about how much you wanna spend ^^

There is the 40+ screens that are coming now, asus/acer so on has been working on them. 4k 120+hz and with gsync/freesync but they are very expensive.. Can buy a much better TV for that price.

Edit nvm the TVs are just as expensive. They all say they support g-sync and free sync too so its all about how much you wanna spend ^^
Yeah, a buddy of mine just spent $1500 USD on a new monitor.. "For work", he says.

Get a steam deck! 399$ and it plays CP77 just fine. (even the GOG version :) ) I love that little pc :)

Last edited:
It's that 1995-2000 era where it was kind of the wild west of "let's abuse Windows to get more frames" and "ooh, look, fancy new 3D cards with no real standards yet" that seems to be really tricky to emulate.

I read that one of the founding programmers (John Romero) for Doom was trying all kinds of new tricky graphics coding acrobats to get the game they wanted to make working on the hardware of the time.

Funny thing DOOM 3 was the game that made me buy surround sound. OMG I cannot play any games now with head sets. My decade old surround sound system still works perfectly with todays games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom