My/Your highlight games to come after TW3

+
My/Your highlight games to come after TW3

Well, TW3 was awesome and I am sure a lot of people will play and re-play it over the years. And then there are the expansions.
But that being said, what other games are on your radar? What do you find interesting, what are you really excited for?

For me it's probably Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, coming in September, as well as Fallout 4.
I am also interested in Hitman, and down the line in 2016 there will be Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Dishonored 2 I will definitely get.

Batman Arkham is also something I keep an eye on, won't get it on release though.

What about you guys?

(Also, does anyone know which Fallout 3 version a German has to buy to get uncut + English language? Steam really f***** this one up)

To correct my initial post, I have some games to add:

Xcom 2 ("Welcome back Commander" Hell Yeah)
Civ: Beyond Earth Expansion (Rising Tide)

Last edited:
I'm not really sure anymore, Witcher 3 was the one I most anticipated. I've played Fallout 3 and NV a lot, so I'll probably play FO4 once it comes out, but am nowhere near as excited as I was for The Witcher 3. I really only play Assassin's Creed up to Revelations, Fallout 3/NV and The Witcher Series.

The next thing I'm genuinely excited for are the 2 known, Witcher 3 expansions, and maybe any others if there will be.

Last edited:
Should be in the community/other games forum, but yea, let's see...

- The last chapters of Life is Strange
- Deus Ex - Mankind Divided
- X-COM 2
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PC)
- Battlefleet Gothic - Armada (2016)
- Total War - WARHAMMER (2016?)

...and a couple of timed console exclusives, as soon as they hit PC. ;)

- Xenoblade X
- Bravely Second
- Persona 5
- Final Fantasy XV
- Final Fantasy World of Wonders
- Horizon: Zero Dawn ? (Won't buy if gameplay is too heavy on aiming and shooting elements)

I mainly only play RPGs (non-shooters), ones with a dedicated character that have story lines built around that character. None of this make your own custom character crap. (XenoX is being weird like that tho, but I'm giving it a chance coz Xenoblade on the Wii was so good).

I'm with warbaby2 on XCOM 2 and the next Deus Ex. Screw Fallout 4 (and all Bethesda RPGs, for that matter - can't stand them).

XCOM 2 actually got me mildly excited despite me trying not to.

For the most part I'd like to see more new IPs and less sequels and remasters, but Metal Gear 5 is the next one on my radar.

-Anno 2205
-Planet Coaster
-Star Citizen
-No Man's Sky
-Legacy of the Void

Those are the biggest upcoming games on my list in no particular order.

Batman Arkham Knight
Battlefront
Metal gear solid V
Uncharted 4
Cyberpunk 2077 (if its good as witcher series)

Honestly, I am not really sure I can enjoy any other games now that I have played this. TW3 is the best game I have ever played, especially from an emotional perspective. I have never played a game that has made me laugh and cry as much as this does and feel a close, personal connection with the characters.

I'm still not finished but I am almost there. Before playing TW3 I was really looking forward to Arkham Knight, and I think I will still get it but not immediately and there are Star Wars games from GOG that I bought recently, will prob plod through those. I also play WoW at the weekends but am getting a bit fed up with that.

Yeah, feels like nothing will compare but... for the sake of fun:

Arkham Knight (though, it has released and I hear the performance on PC is borderline unplayable, also ol' KVO from gamespot only gave it a 7. I usually agree with his ratings so I'm kinda worried now).

King's Quest Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember
Fallout 4

And looking to 2016...
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Mass Effect Andromeda

I don't wanna offend anybody but I don't get why people say a (open world) game "was" awesome after it's only been out for like 2 months. People still play games that have been out for years and they're still awesome.

As of the question: as it stands I wouldn't call it a highlight but I'm looking forward to AC: Syndicate. Though I'm particularly cautious after Unity. In Unity the whole setting and story (could've been a really interesting one with the setting though, instead we get a rather bad love story) isn't really my taste.
But London on the other hand is whole different story. Just wish we could play a Templar, I'm so tired of the Assassin stories, playing a Templar makes the game feel way more realistic and interesting in my opinion. And the outfits we get, like uniforms, are way better too instead of a stupid hood. My favorite AC is Rogue. Being able to play a female is what caught my attention the most

Last edited:
I will consider Deus Ex and Fallout 4 even though I didn't like either of the previous titles (quit playing midway through out of shear boredom.) Will not preorder and wait for reviews to see if they can captivate with quality storytelling.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is probably the next major release I'm excited about (just pray it's not Mass Effect: Inquisition.) Very interested in the Cyberpunk game CDPR is working on though I have no clue when to expect its release. Also curious about Chris Robert's coming game Star Citizen but unsure if the full vision will come to fruition as well as the whole MMO aspect.

gta5 (serious big piece of a game ;) & path of exile (new awakening expansion released soon and now in beta)

Anticipating Fallout 4, Enderal which are both supposed to come out later this year (let's presume no delays).

My favorite AC is Rogue. Being able to play a female is what caught my attention the most

Personally I prefer playing as Assassins to Templars :) ... But do you mean AC Liberation there? Because it is the only AC in which you can play as a woman. AC Rogue still has a man as the main character.

Top Bottom