Mysterious Tower serous screw up

+
I’m playing Witcher 1 and am on the A Mysterious Tower quest and I think I’m screwed. Because I’m a terrible gamer it’s taken me a ridiculous amount of time to get here but I’ve done every other quest and side quest and I’m almost to Experience Level 17; if I have to start Chapter 2 over I’m just going to stop playing.

So to the problem: the swamp map lists only one obelisk left and it’s Kezath but the only Sephirot I have left is Maal’kad. It also says I need to find two more Sephirot even though I have 100% absolutely already found all ten. Also checking back at a previous save right after getting the quest the Maal’kad obelisk was never listed anywhere on the map.

What is happening??

Have you tried putting the Maal'kad sephirot in its obelisk? It might just be a bug with the quest log.
Post automatically merged:

Apparently the Keth'aar Sephirah is assumed by the game to be found last, so doesn't register properly in the journal.

Hey thanks for the reply but I did try that, a couple different times. Do you know where on the map is the Maal’kad obelisk? I tried googling for a map of all the obelisks but no luck.

Think this might be it
1581367685031.png

Sorry for not being much help. I can only recommend going back to every obelisk to see if something didn't register.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will come along and give a more definitive answer, one way or another.

Ok I went around to all the obelisk and checked, the map was super helpful. Every obelisk is lit except Kezath. I know I did Vaska’s quest and I know she gave me that Sephirot but I thought maybe after I did it I died before saving and forgot to go back and redo the quest. But it’s not an option when I revisit Vaska. I can only ask her about the swamp being boring.

This pic is showing the weirdness, you can see the Maal’kad obelisk lit up but also the Maal’kad Sephirot still in my inventory.
0A686608-32C2-4CDA-AB55-90C9D760D0B4.jpeg

This is on the GameBanshee walkthrough
Note: We've heard that this quest can break if you start placing the sephirot in the obelisks as soon as you get them and then pick up duplicate copies of the sephirot. So wait until you have all ten before placing them.
Which would obviously be a real pain and require a reload (not necessarily to the beginning of Chapter 2 but probably before getting the Maal'kad sephirah).

Might be worth going to The Tower or Kalkstein just in case :shrug:

Rats, I was hoping to find a solution other than "start over". I'm on my second pass thru the game and this time I've got a glitch where my quest log says I found all ten stones but I don't have the neh'tza sephirah. I beat the golem sometime last week. I know I looted his body but I just don't have the stone. I went back and searched the entire area around the golem graveyard (with alt held down) but nothing. I went back to before I started to light up the beacons and verified there are only nine stones in my inventory...

Rats, I was hoping to find a solution other than "start over". I'm on my second pass thru the game and this time I've got a glitch where my quest log says I found all ten stones but I don't have the neh'tza sephirah. I beat the golem sometime last week. I know I looted his body but I just don't have the stone. I went back and searched the entire area around the golem graveyard (with alt held down) but nothing. I went back to before I started to light up the beacons and verified there are only nine stones in my inventory...
Sorry about that. Maybe a dumb question, but are you sure you have place the neh'tza sephirah in it's obelisk already?

How do you guys enter the tower in this quest? I placed all 10 of this magic stones in the obelisks, the quest log say I can enter the tower but when I click on the door it says locked..?

This game is so much fun yet so TERRIBLE!!! I had 9 of the stones and put them all in their respective obelisks. Yet, my journal says I have found 8?!?!? None of the peopls I speak to can do anything.
I just put a solid 7 hours of fun and progress now just to discover it was completely pointless??? Awful. So so so awful.
This has put me off the game.

How do you guys enter the tower in this quest? I placed all 10 of this magic stones in the obelisks, the quest log say I can enter the tower but when I click on the door it says locked..?
I don't know my stupid game won't even let me get that far. Sorry bro.

Top Bottom