Mythgard is giving all their Core Set cards for FREE

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Mythgard is the only other CCG I had played apart from Gwent and whenever I take break from Gwent, I go to Mythgard. It is a very very interesting game with a LOTs of strategy. But starting a new game is daunting to collect good enough cards to be competitive. This worry is taken away by Mythgard by giving all their core set cards for free. Unlike Gwent, the core set cards are still very very competitive in Mythgard. This is a big deal for anyone who loves CCGs. And they are doing it in an interesting way.. not just giving away everything for free for free, but making it phased..

For more details, please follow them in twitter at: https://twitter.com/mythgardgame where you will get to know how to collect all the core set cards for free (for example, the first tweet which gives the Blue Faction core cards for free is here: ). Even if you are not out right interested in playing a new game, at least create an account in Mythgard and claim the free cards. You have nothing to lose. You can give the game a try whenever you want to take a break from other games.

Visit the main page of Mythgard here to start your journey: https://www.mythgardgame.com/

Good Luck and Have Fun.

rrc

Forum veteran
There is a toxic faction as NG?
By that question if you mean "does Mythgard have control cards", yes, it has. Mythgard allows mixed factions in one deck and you can put a lot of control elements in your deck. And there are a few cards which would basically say "If you don't have a way to deal with it, it is game over for you", but by then you will have a lot of mana and gems to handle it - if you build your deck in a decent way. Since it allows mixed faction, the strategy is unlimited.

So, why don't you give it a try. At least get those core set free and then play when you can. It is like getting a free game in gog/epic/etc. and all you need to do is login and claim the game and play whenever you want.. It can't get better than this!

Would be worth for CDPR to do a similar thing. The base package should be free and gradually awarded to new comers provided they stick around for a certain period of time and play a certain number of games. I don't know exactly how good are the cards in the base package, but whatever.

I remember how oppressive this game was when I joined it back in summer last year. Until rank 25 I thought that the game was enjoyable, but after that, winning 1-2 games out of 10 was a great feat. It was very discouraging to see that you needed a huge amount of ores and scraps to get some decent cards and win some games.

I'll take up your tip and try out the game, since it is on Steam. At least for the free stuff, if nothing else.

Would be worth for CDPR to do a similar thing. The base package should be free and gradually awarded to new comers provided they stick around for a certain period of time and play a certain number of games. I don't know exactly how good are the cards in the base package, but whatever.

I remember how oppressive this game was when I joined it back in summer last year. Until rank 25 I thought that the game was enjoyable, but after that, winning 1-2 games out of 10 was a great feat. It was very discouraging to see that you needed a huge amount of ores and scraps to get some decent cards and win some games.

I'll take up your tip and try out the game, since it is on Steam. At least for the free stuff, if nothing else.
Gwent starter decks are free. And I have found them quite competitive — even against theoretically much stronger decks. Recently I defeated a meta NR Witcher’s deck with the lowly NG starter deck. I have kept all my starter decks in my deck inventory — and not just for nostalgia and reference.

rrc

Forum veteran
May I ask how many cards in total are we talking about here precisely?
The core set has 118 Common, 116 Uncommon, 88 Rare and 99 Mythic, totally 421 cards. Let me tell you that the Mythics in core set are as powerful as the new expansion cards. You may never need to buy any expansion kegs and still be very very creative and competitive.

Mythgard has "Watch Replay", "Watch Live" (others games), "2v2", "Custom Puzzles", "Story Mode" (a really really good one in it), PvE which counts for all missions, Arena.. I mean, it is a complete game in all sense. You can't ask for more from a small indie game developers. The art is no where comparable to Gwent and some cards are just too cartoonish, but there are a lot of cards with art on par with Gwent's art (non-premium). By game mechanism wise, it is super rich and super strategic and you can get as creative as you can.

Please just create an account and follow Mythgard in twitter for a period of time and just claim the complete core set. You can play whenever you want to. In this promotion, they are releasing one by one factions. So, currently Blue is available and within couple of weeks we will get all the rest.

I sincerely hope everyone to simply take this promotion and get the collection and play only when you want to.

[PS: I get absolutely NOTHING by promoting Mythgard. I honestly thought this is a great deal for any CCG lovers and simply trying to put out the word so that someone may get benefitted]

I played through the tutorial matches, and I must say that this game looks rather impressive. The underlying card game seems fairly solid, if not entirely original, but the presentation is above and beyond what I would have expected. There's great music, a comic book styled story, and even competing mythologies.

Gwent starter decks are free. And I have found them quite competitive — even against theoretically much stronger decks. Recently I defeated a meta NR Witcher’s deck with the lowly NG starter deck. I have kept all my starter decks in my deck inventory — and not just for nostalgia and reference.

They are, until rank 25. After that, you are lucky if you win 1-2 games out of 10. Personal experience. I had to spend real money to buy some kegs and diversify owned cards in order to cope with the game overall and not just rage quit.

Did they ever release the codes for the Red and Green cards? I wasn't able to find them, but I also never joined the Discord group. I was just curious because that initial news post states that the codes expire tomorrow.

If anyone's curious, the first four Core Set codes (plus a few others) can be found here.

Did they ever release the codes for the Red and Green cards? I wasn't able to find them, but I also never joined the Discord group. I was just curious because that initial news post states that the codes expire tomorrow.

If anyone's curious, the first four Core Set codes (plus a few others) can be found here.

I don't think they did. I believe they prolonged the availability of the codes that were already released. They spoke about some delays. You can check the post they've made on March 9 on Twatter.

The more you advertise it the more certain I'll be to not play it. This is getting downright annoying.

rrc

Forum veteran
The more you advertise it the more certain I'll be to not play it. This is getting downright annoying.
The reason for this last post is that, they took a lot of time to release the last two codes and released them back to back and it is like only 2 days left before the codes expire. Honestly I haven't played Mythgard in a very very long time. It is not like I am trying to drive players from Gwent to Mythgard or something. If at all I ever take a short break from Gwent and want to play another CCG, it would be Mythgard as I had played around 200 hours in it (against my close to 2000 hours in Gwent). Even though currently I am fully vested in Gwent (and bought Triss journey in a second), this I am doing to help a very small company which is trying to thrive in CCG world. Again, I have no vested interest. I don't get anything if people use these codes or play this game.

One last post (before 2 days of expiration) after 2.5 months.. I didn't think it would be outright annoying. But I understand.

Top Bottom