n3trunner - cyberpunk short film by n3crovid

+
I'll leave this here for now, but don't make duplicate posts - and the second one out of the topic thread. Not that you should necessarily have to post in the Short Film Topic thread because someone else created such a thread, but sooner or later this gets moved there.

I'm deleting your other post. The sweet taste of efficiency. Like pralines.

OK Thanks, I cant find the other post, and I suspected I had forgot to do it! :\
Apologies if i'm breaking any rules, please move it wherever you think it should be!

Visuals are amazing, though I don't understand the context of what's happening. Was that Asian some type of gangster (for the Triad, Tong or Yakuza)? Was that Netrunner in control of that one man's body the whole time? Was he the controller or the controlled? Was he going through video archives or experiencing everything in real time? I was just really lost in the story (if there is one) was all, yet besides that it was nonetheless entertaining to watch.

Visuals are amazing, though I don't understand the context of what's happening. Was that Asian some type of gangster (for the Triad, Tong or Yakuza)? Was that Netrunner in control of that one man's body the whole time? Was he the controller or the controlled? Was he going through video archives or experiencing everything in real time? I was just really lost in the story (if there is one) was all, yet besides that it was nonetheless entertaining to watch.

Thanks for your comments, you can find the answers by yourself, you can choose the one you prefer :D

Visually quite well-done. Reminds me of Avalon.

Story-wise, I'd like more guidance, more of an idea of the journey and less a series of moving montages somewhat connected to each other.

Although I can make up my own mind, I can do that for nearly any context and it's not why I enjoy cyberpunk - I really enjoy the sense of reveal that a well-told story produces.

Interesting choice for your lead actor as well. At first, I was unimpressed, but his scruffy perplexedness grew on me.

Maybe it's just above my head, but I couldn't figure out what was actually going on, why I should care, and what, if anything, this had to do with netrunning....

Maybe it's just above my head, but I couldn't figure out what was actually going on, why I should care, and what, if anything, this had to do with netrunning....

If you look at a previous response he made to me you'll see that the point of the video is to make up what's going on yourself (based on all of the visuals and characters). In short, make up your own pnp setting with the things you have before you.

If you look at a previous response he made to me you'll see that the point of the video is to make up what's going on yourself (based on all of the visuals and characters). In short, make up your own pnp setting with the things you have before you.

Soooort of like another story-empty, style-heavy media I can think of. A...grand one, as it were.

All I can say would be mirrored by Mr. Bale's critique, (At least his avatar looks like Cristian Bale) but would have to add that I hope that this is a potential career path, otherwise it would be a foolish waste of time, as you're clearly well suited for the industry!

Top Bottom