Naiad retexture...I hope

+
Naiad retexture...I hope

I haven't actually made one, but I was kind of disappointed when I saw that the Naiad was the same as a dryad, maybe I'm just being picky but would anyone with modding skill attempt a simple rextexture at all? If not would anyone be interested if I had an attempt? I'm a good artist and have done the odd retexture on other games, but never on this...

Rihara88 said:
I haven't actually made one, but I was kind of disappointed when I saw that the Naiad was the same as a dryad, maybe I'm just being picky but would anyone with modding skill attempt a simple rextexture at all? If not would anyone be interested if I had an attempt? I'm a good artist and have done the odd retexture on other games, but never on this...
Totally agree she needs to be blue skinned at least she is a creature of water! Hope someone comes up with a few nice mods, I would help if I knew this engine and the texture changes needed for just her.

Picky things from me: I think Naiad should be blue and have different hair color, perhaps striped skin/hair like a fish, and as a water thingie, I'm wondering why she should have any body hair at all... a differentiated skin would be cool, but if I'm not mistaken both characters share the same model which means you'll be recoloring both ladies.I definitely plan on changing some things when I get CS3 for Tax Return Eve, I think the Bruxa should be white instead of green and Alps should be vice versa, though I suppose the case could be made for horny young lads mistaking Bruxa for Dryads......To digress it would be awesome if you did, just bear in mind you might not be able to change it until the SDK is released. As an example I repackaged Kimono's PSD into a dds format for Geralt's steel sword, and it changed ALL the Non illegal, Temerian, or Rusted swords into a black runed sword. It doesn't look odd on Lambert or Eskel, but it sure looks weird on the Royal Huntsmen and Vincent.

Xhan said:
Picky things from me: I think Naiad should be blue and have different hair color, perhaps striped skin/hair like a fish, and as a water thingie, I'm wondering why she should have any body hair at all... a differentiated skin would be cool, but if I'm not mistaken both characters share the same modle which you'll be recoloring both ladies.I definitely plan on changing some things when I get CS3 for Tax Return Eve, I think the Bruxa should be white instead of green and Alps should be vice versa, though I suppose the case could be made for horny young lads mistaking Bruxa for dryads......to digress it would be awesome if you did, just bear in mind you might not be able to change it until the SDK is released. As an example I repackaged Kimono's PSD into a dds format for Geralt's steel sword, and it changed ALL the Non illegal temerian or rusted swords into a black runed sword. It doesn't look odd on Lambert or Eskel, but it sure looks weird on the Royal Huntsmen and Vincent.
Now you're talkin', good suggestions indeed. I just am not sure without official toolset how much I can do myself. I mainly just wanted a way to have the two characters pull textures separately, one being green for Dryad, and the Naiad to go for a different file that I alter in fireworks, Adobe PS, etc.to be blue. From your current results however, I can tell this may not be for a bit longer. Good to know some global changes are options without the toolset, though.

I thought the vampiresses were quite well done (body wise, shame about the face), it's the Naiad that bugs me the most. How would you go about making sure that the meshes for the two ladies remain separate (Dryad and Naiad)? What have people been using as the official toolset hasnt been released?

You can use the aurora extractor and making a DATA folder automatically provides an override folder for any file put into it, You can use Photoshop and NVidia's dds plugin/utility to make dds files.Unless you're into naked Martian chicks or bilious plague/Nurgle avatars, the bruxa's green color is simply less "morbidly sexy" than alabaster white, in my opinion, also the blood is a little redundant seeing as they start attacking you unless it's the Queen of the Night.

Haha! Well i never noticed they were green lol, would you prefer the vampires to have no blood on them? Thanks for the advice people, I will have a look at doing that before the constuciton set comes out.

Rihara88 said:
Haha! Well i never noticed they were green lol, would you prefer the vampires to have no blood on them? Thanks for the advice people, I will have a look at doing that before the constuciton set comes out.
Well, I don't mind the blood, didn't bug me at all, (some of us are understanding of unusual sexual behaviors, damn right I got my Vamp card lol) but I definitely wanted to change skin colors. Alps (because they seem closer to monstrous scavenging type creatures, love the face and claws/talons) I thought should look dirtier, darker, and more bloody than the Bruxa (which should be more seductive and human looking) and other than that I just thought the Bruxa should have a unique skin tone not similar to others. The most annoying thing for me still was Naiad being the same exact model as Dryad, just flat out disappointing.

Yeah I always thought the vampires of the witcher were much more bestial than the modern stereotype, its very refreshing. But yes i was very disappointed about the Naiad glad im not alone.

The blood just seems too over the top, if they're meant to be the ensnaring type of lady, rather than the ambush type like the Alp or Devourer or Garkhain. If they're intelligent enough to stalk and seduce and stuff, one would think they pay attention to details like "my entire mouth is covered with blood."

Yeah I guess so, it makes sense that they would be much more seductive. The blood is a bit bizarre on them, but it works for the uglier vampiresses though.

Actually Xhan you do make a very good point. I just can also actually see a wild Bruxa gorging on fat stupid humans/non-humans who get too close (when I saw my first she almost killed me from shock and surprise, I ended up stunned going into black and white death fuzziness as my blood was almost drained dry), and if male more often than not would go right up to them (as did I) whether having a less defined trail of blood, no blood or large amount as is currently.Rihara88, that's what I'm talking about though, Alps are just way too clean and snow white. They cause the Bruxa to look odder with the blood (at least to me) and darker coloring, which is part of what Xhan might be meaning as well?

Yeah fair enough, it probably would work better if the skin was cleaner for the Bruxa. But yes for the Alps and the other ones a gorier, daker look does work better. I FINALLY understand properly, sorry was being slow.

Rihara88 said:
Yeah fair enough, it probably would work better if the skin was cleaner for the Bruxa. But yes for the Alps and the other ones a gorier, daker look does work better. I FINALLY understand properly, sorry was being slow.
No worries, I just wasn't sure how to explain it better at first. ;)

Bruxa is actually quite well described by Sapkowski in "Grain of Truth" story from "Last Wish". While I am sure that individual appearance varied, Vereena's skin was so white as to be almost translusive with pale lips, black eyes and long black hair. A bruxa could be easily mistaken for rusalka.

Top Bottom