Namco conjures up £500k The Witcher 2 campaign

+
Namco conjures up £500k The Witcher 2 campaign

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/namco-conjures-up-500k-the-witcher-2-campaign/093897

Pretty impressive amount of money. I wonder how much Warner Bross is going to spend?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/namco-conjures-up-500k-the-witcher-2-campaign/093897

Pretty nice. Of course it's not like Skyrim or ME3 advertising budget, but nevertheless that's what TW2 really needs and that's what I was hoping for!

And NAMCO can somehow make up for all this court case nonsense

Also, seeing how much attention this Xbox release is given I realize fully how important milestone it is for CDPR. No matter how we adore our beloved PC platform, they are entering the major league and are going to play with big boys now after entering the console market and officialy becoming multi(2)platform.

April 17th is going to change things for CDPR's future and I'm curious how their new path is going to look like.

I'm very happy that Witcher 2 goes to consoles. I'm PC player and I really don't get concept of pad etc, but that doesn't make me enemy of consoles and so the more people buy and play W2 the better - not only for CDPR but also for us gamers.

SOOOOOOoooooooooooooo... console players! Buy this awesome game!

I've mentioned again and again in these forums. I don't care that the game is no longer a PC exclusive. I DO care though that history has shown us time and again that any PC developer who got into the "major leagues" somehow started watering down their games to sell more copies to the casual console crowds. It's almost like a law of gaming.

That's what makes me see this whole "TW2 going multiplatform" thing with a critic's eye. CD Projekt making a lot of money from console sales is a good thing and I read that all the time but it will be all for nothing if the next game is totally dumbed-down and consolized in order to appeal to the masses.

I sincerely hope that CDR can be the exception to the rule but until that time let me be a bit sceptical about this whole thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

They should have advertised the PC version more heavily as well, but better late than never. I'm still angry at them for the lawsuit though

bowman said:
I've mentioned again and again in these forums. I don't care that the game is no longer a PC exclusive. I DO care though that history has shown us time and again that any PC developer who got into the "major leagues" somehow started watering down their games to sell more copies to the casual console crowds. It's almost like a law of gaming.

That's what makes me see this whole "TW2 going multiplatform" thing with a critic's eye. CD Projekt making a lot of money from console sales is a good thing and I read that all the time but it will be all for nothing if the next game is totally dumbed-down and consolized in order to appeal to the masses.

I sincerely hope that CDR can be the exception to the rule but until that time let me be a bit sceptical about this whole thing...

Yes, the TW2 had newcomers from consoles in mind and it shows. Some of them fit, however. Combat from old rpg's never fitted loner swordsman. Wanna feel like one, go and feel thril od insane difficulty

What i dont want to see is another financial struggle while making TW3. CDPR have long enough development time but too small team, and problem with money. I dont want see it third time
PC community is too little to money supply them alone.

Stay calm. CDPR have record of improving what they do and BRILLIANT WRITERS.

Mike113 said:

Pretty impressive amount of money. I wonder how much Warner Bross is going to spend?
The budget of the campaign in the U.S. is expected to be 8-10 million Polish zloty (~2-3 million $).

good newsglad TW2 will get more recognition that it deserves"For a higher cause!" the way Iorveth would yell it

No, that's what you engage a distributor for. The distributor pays for promotion and distribution, for a cut of the sales (usually, distributors get a discount on the goods supplied to them, sell them for what the market will bear, and pocket the difference).

That's also why distributors are so relentlessly territorial. They put a lot of money into promotion and other activities in exchange for the rights to sell the goods in a given territory, and they don't tolerate anybody else selling into that territory for any reason.

HomemComH said:
2,5 mil? Hope they make that money back fast.

TW2 sold 1 million copies on PC alone. If they make a profit of 5 dollars per copy, they only need half a million copies to break even. And their profit is most likely much higher.

Aver said:
I bet they will sell 1,5 million of copies in first month.

1,5 mil in the first years? Possible. 1,5 mil in the first month? Highly Unlikely.

Aver said:
TW2 sold 1 million copies on PC alone. If they make a profit of 5 dollars per copy, they only need half a million copies to break even. And their profit is most likely much higher.

I'm not doubting that they'll make their money back, just surprised by the numbers, they really aren't treating this as "just a port".

Aver said:
Faith in Namco restored...

Yup, it's good that things are working out this way.
I guess that the fact that they took CDPR to court in order to get their hands on TW2 Xbox implies that they truly believed CDPR had a product that would sell well. I'm glad it was that, and not sour grapes. :)

Aver

Forum veteran
dragonbird said:
Yup, it's good that things are working out this way.
I guess that the fact that they took CDPR to court in order to get their hands on TW2 Xbox implies that they truly believed CDPR had a product that would sell well. I'm glad it was that, and not sour grapes. :)

But now I remember that Namco got 800k Euro from CDP Red as compensation after suit. So yeah, this campaign is kinda sponsored by CDPR anyway. ;)

Aver said:
But now I remember that Namco got 800k Euro from CDP Red as compensation after suit. So yeah, this campaign is kinda sponsored by CDPR anyway. ;)

It was just more like 80-100k Euro in costs from CDP... but again after that Namco was forced to deliver the million or so Euro they owed to CDP, for past sales... so it was all in CDP's benefit IMHO...

Aver

Forum veteran
JackintheGreen said:
It was just more like 80-100k Euro in costs from CDP... but again after that Namco was forced to deliver the million or so Euro they owed to CDP, for past sales... so it was all in CDP's benefit IMHO...

Oh my bad. I found news and they had to pay THQ 800k Euro.

Top Bottom