Naming v

+

Are you using your own name or a different one?

• Im using my name because v is our avatar

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Using a different name

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters
Well, there we go then, confirmation.
I do wonder why it was removed, though; it's not exactly a huge feature.

The feature has been removed; giving V a first and last name.

View attachment 11012384

shame.jpg

Female V

Veronica
Victoria
Vanessa
Violet
Vivian
Venus
Virginia
Viera
Valentina
Valarie

Male V

Varian
Velmourt
Victor
Vladimir
Vincent
Vitaly

As some suggestions for the first names, though it seems that females have a bit cooler names that start with V from what I looked up.

Would you be so kind and post the link from this message?Damn i would be really disappointed if they screwed that....i dont know if you can call it character creation without naming your character and a character needs a name.I hope they change/d their mind....The best way is to wait for the new gameplay trailer
The feature has been removed; giving V a first and last name.

View attachment 11012384

Would you be so kind and post the link from this message?Damn i would be really disappointed if they screwed that....i dont know if you can call it character creation without naming your character and a character needs a name.I hope they change/d their mind....The best way is to wait for the new gameplay trailer

It's true, here's some more proof:

v name.PNG

I think there is still a chance so they can bring that feature back.I don’t know why they deleted that idea....maybe because v is the player anyway or something like that.

Well I think it's also for the sake of immersion, since everything has been recorded with 'V' in mind and in most, if not all the games where you can pick your character it only demonstrates that name in the text format, rarely it is with voice unless its like a sports/wrestling games where there are certain names that the announcer can use etc.
I don't personally think that it's a very big deal, there will be customization and cyberware, I'd rather take them focusing on variety of different customizable options to personalize your V rather than something traditionally generic.
Never needed to change Geralt's name to have a sweet experience in Witcher 3 nor did it bother me!

One thing -- that someone already mentioned -- for which "real" names could've been useful is save file names. But then again, V is always going have the alias, with or without a "real" name.

I still might give V a name to use outside of the actual game, and a reason why she's not allowed to officially have it, because why not. :p

It's disappointing for sure. But it's a minor thing. What can ya do?

It's doubtful that mods will add anything like this in, too. Too small of a feature for too much work without proper tools.

Well I think it's also for the sake of immersion, since everything has been recorded with 'V' in mind and in most, if not all the games where you can pick your character it only demonstrates that name in the text format, rarely it is with voice unless its like a sports/wrestling games where there are certain names that the announcer can use etc.
I don't personally think that it's a very big deal, there will be customization and cyberware, I'd rather take them focusing on variety of different customizable options to personalize your V rather than something traditionally generic.
Never needed to change Geralt's name to have a sweet experience in Witcher 3 nor did it bother me!
It’s different here like in the witcher.I didn’t cared about the name geralt too but here you create a character and nearly every character creator let you pick a name for you character.It adds more immersion in my opinion but they go with the just alias route so he/she will never have an official name.I hope they add it and overthinking it again.

Wouldn't it be less immersive to pick a name, say Kevin and then be never refered to as Kevin by -anyone- except text-based things. I feel that breaks the immersion way more than the route they went with.
Imagine picking name for bhgdsbuyhfdgs which I know, no one would do, but then someone sends a very scripted mail for the name bhgdsbuyhfdgs
The game is already complete, they are simply polishing it at this point as far as I know.
Edit: If this was a text based RPG it would make more sense but I believe everything has been voice acted so.

Wouldn't it be less immersive to pick a name, say Kevin and then be never refered to as Kevin by -anyone- except text-based things. I feel that breaks the immersion way more than the route they went with.
Imagine picking name for bhgdsbuyhfdgs which I know, no one would do, but then someone sends a very scripted mail for the name bhgdsbuyhfdgs
The game is already complete, they are simply polishing it at this point as far as I know.
They are still changing things and such.In cyberpunk everyone uses an alias so here it makes totally sense not getting referred by real name.It reminds me a bit of the first deus ex.Some don’t care about that i know but there are also a lot which would prefer to enter a name.The new gameplay trailer is nearly there so we will see....but i hope they give us the possibilty

Top Bottom