Naming v

+

Are you using your own name or a different one?

• Im using my name because v is our avatar

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Using a different name

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters
Keep in mind 'V' is a "street"/"edgerunner" handle not a "name".

Assuming there's an ability to add a personal bio to 'V' you can name them anything you want, but on the streets they're still 'V'.

This is what I expect: Your handle is locked to be "V", but your character's real name can be anything you want. It's how they did it in the pen & paper and it works.

Unless you're Rache.. but we're not, so sorry choomba.

It would make little sense if you can't give the character a proper name. So yes, i believe we'll definitely be able to name him/her and no, i won't be using may full name, might use one of my first names though.

I'd like to choose V's real name even if it's just for aesthetics/role-play and doesn't affect anything in-game if not, maybe, the name of save files so that we can have different play through and rcognize them from V's real name. Like dark souls/bloodborne.

Not a big deal if this is not possible.

P.S. I love the idea that V has nothing to do with the real name, but comes from a scar/tattoo/latin number for 5.

I'd like to choose V's real name even if it's just for aesthetics/role-play and doesn't affect anything in-game if not, maybe, the name of save files so that we can have different play through and rcognize them from V's real name. Like dark souls/bloodborne.

Not a big deal if this is not possible.

P.S. I love the idea that V has nothing to do with the real name, but comes from a scar/tattoo/latin number for 5.
Im still wondering if jack is the real name of your companion too since nearly everyone uses a code name or alias

If the game doesn't allow players to give V a real name, there's nothing stopping players from coming up with a name regardless and using it outside of actual gameplay. It would even be possible to come up with an RP reason for the inability to have a real name in addition to the handle. Just need some imagination.

In any case, I would never name V after myself. Nope, nope, nope.
I do choose to do that in some games, but Cyberpunk 2077 won't be such a game.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
If the game doesn't allow players to give V a real name, there's nothing stopping players from coming up with a name regardless and using it outside of actual gameplay. It would even be possible to come up with an RP reason for the inability to have a real name. Just need some imagination.

In any case, I would never name V after myself. Nope, nope, nope.
I do choose to do that in some games, but Cyberpunk 2077 won't be such a game.
Since v is your avatar it wouldn’t make sense if he/she would get an official name.The only thing what stays official is your alias

An opinion, one that I disagree with.
If the character would have an official name we would know it by now.Letting the players decide what vs official name is would be the best decision especially they also had to make one gender official/canon and that makes the whole character creation process pointless

Who names RPG characters with their own names? :) It's like playing yourself. What if you die? :)
I'd go with Maria Santana Vilalobos Dela Joha vera Cruz Cardinal, but I guess, even if the option is given, I'd run out of letter space somewhere in the middle of Vilalobos... :)
Post automatically merged:

And the entire world is overjoyed there was only one of him.

Until there were a lot of him :)

If the character would have an official name we would know it by now.Letting the players decide what vs official name is would be the best decision especially they also had to make one gender official/canon and that makes the whole character creation process pointless
They've already stated everyone is going to refer to you as V, so I'm not sure what "point" you're even trying to argue. That is the official alias and no one is going to call you anything else. Giving V a name aside from that will just be frill. A nice to have for some but meaningless to the game

Top Bottom