NASA computer for Witcher 3 ?

+
NASA computer for Witcher 3 ?

i see first ,,gameplay,, ok a few scene in game this looks deliciously and i little worry about PC requirements

aquasplash said:
i see first ,,gameplay,, ok a few scene in game this looks deliciously and i little worry about PC requirements

Expect the really really minimum to be a Good dual core cpu clocked at 3ghz or a Quad core @ 2.3ghz. With at least a 4850/GTX260

TheRedanian said:
Expect the really really minimum to be a Good dual core cpu clocked at 3ghz or a Quad core @ 2.3ghz. With at least a 4850/GTX260

Game already stated to require DX11. Non-DX11 cards such as the GTX 260 won't cut it. You will need a DX11 card: AMD 5xxx, nVidia 4xx and up. I'm expecting something like AMD 5770 or nVidia 460 to be the minimum, AMD 5870 or nVidia 560Ti to be recommended.

I'm not sure dual core will be satisfactory, either. Maybe bogoquads like Core i3 or AMD FX-4xxx or A10 or A8 will be enough. I'm expecting Core i5, Core i7, and AMD FX-8xxx to be recommended.

So if I wanted to max out the game, what kind of spec will I be looking at?

Would my current spec be good enough?

-----------------------|
I7 3770k Ivy Bridge |
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb |
Asus GTX660ti 2Gb |
-----------------------|

William said:

-----------------------|
I7 3770k Ivy Bridge |
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb |
Asus GTX660ti 2Gb |
-----------------------|
Not by a long shot to max it out, i don't expect requirements to be much higher than today but my Titan dips to low 40 fps in Metro Last Light even with SSAA disabled and this is 1 1/2 year from now so i guess it will be slightly more demanding and to max it out with reasonable fps without multi sampling will likely require dual gpu by todays standard or maybe Titan but i don't expect to get high fps at all with it, talking AA on the other hand will most likely require Crossfire, sli or dual gpu.

guys an i5(haswell) and a 6870 will be enough to play at high settings @720p

pd:google translator XD

It's all in the code and the design. CDPR are hard at work and I expect a relatively optimized Witcher 3. Most devs are either lazy or have unrealistic schedules, and release awful code.

Modern video cards are more powerful than you give them credit for. I hope CDPR will make the most of them.

Didn't TW2 look great on medium settings in mid range hardware back then?

GuyN said:
Game already stated to require DX11. Non-DX11 cards such as the GTX 260 won't cut it. You will need a DX11 card: AMD 5xxx, nVidia 4xx and up. I'm expecting something like AMD 5770 or nVidia 460 to be the minimum, AMD 5870 or nVidia 560Ti to be recommended.

I'm not sure dual core will be satisfactory, either. Maybe bogoquads like Core i3 or AMD FX-4xxx or A10 or A8 will be enough. I'm expecting Core i5, Core i7, and AMD FX-8xxx to be recommended.

I agree and think you may be very close. The 5770 did okay with TW2. The "Bogoquads" may work due to the threading capabilities, but maybe not to the smae level as a true quadcore.

William said:

-----------------------|
I7 3770k Ivy Bridge |
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb |
Asus GTX660ti 2Gb |
-----------------------|
That is going to be hard to say, but I got frame rates in TW2 on a whole lot less than the specs you have listed. At first blush, I would say that you are good to go.

Volsung said:
It's all in the code and the design. CDPR are hard at work and I expect a relatively optimized Witcher 3. Most devs are either lazy or have unrealistic schedules, and release awful code.

Modern video cards are more powerful than you give them credit for. I hope CDPR will make the most of them.

Didn't TW2 look great on medium settings in mid range hardware back then?

Well said. :) CDPR are pretty good at optimizing their games. Didn't Play TW2 on Medium so don't know.

coastie65 said:
Well said. :)/>/>/> CDPR are pretty good at optimizing their games. Didn't Play TW2 on Medium so don't know.
Witcher 2 was first game that destroyed my gtx580 but game graphics are 10/10 even today

coastie65 said:
Didn't Play TW2 on Medium so don't know.

I thought it was common knowledge. I also didn't play on Medium, but honestly judging from screenshots there was more difference between low and medium than medium and high/ultra.

I can´t understand developers, really you prefer a bit better graphics over more potencially buyers? After doesn´t cry over lower sales

Do they really ? as long as low specs are really low and medium specs reasonable low so most people can play which is exactly the case with Witcher 2 why do it matter if the higher specs are much more demanding for those who want maximum graphics in their games ?, hell i could even play Witcher 2 with an old Radeon 4850 at that point on medium settings and it still looked very good, hell of a lot better than consoles tbh and this is the case for most games today, you rarely need a expensive gpu to play smoothly on med settings so they hardly loses potential customers unless they have a complete wooden pc and until that day when you'll need a high end gpu for medium then i'll continue to disagree with you but that will never happen.

Top Bottom