Natalis is op

+
Natalis is op

26points is insane, also thins deck. Sucubus can do that but in 2turns if not killed.
geel can use comanders horn but is 1point
:(((((((

It to much base power, coral it 5points but do not thins deck.
i think 4points should be enough for him.

Pruny;n9837601 said:
It to much base power, coral it 5points but do not thins deck.
i think 4points should be enough for him.

Well, there are situations where you mulligan into commanders horn and can't play it with Natalis then. The combo may seem likely but it is not guaranteed.

Not sure nerfing this card is necessary. Maybe a 5 is enough but I wouldn't go lower in the current state of Gwent.

Also keep in mind that Eithne is 5 strength and can (re-)play Commanders Horn as well :).

Not to mention that player needs a row with at least 4 other units before Natalis -> CH can reach full value, which can be disrupted or just punished later.

devivre;n9839651 said:
Well, there are situations where you mulligan into commanders horn and can't play it with Natalis then.
NlelithZ44;n9839871 said:
Not to mention that player needs a row with at least 4 other units before Natalis -> CH can reach full value, which can be disrupted or just punished later.

What's up with Natalis and CH, like it's the only (valid) choice? There are also three other great tactic cards: Reinforcement, Marching Orders and Decoy. If you are using Natalis, you should at least run a minimum of two tactic cards. Besides, with the swarm NR has, getting 5 units aligned is pretty easy (or just play Germain).

Pruny;n9839881 said:
sucubus is 4 points...

Succubus cannot be compared to Natalis; they have nothing in common. As such, the strength comparison is also irrelevant.

Pruny;n9839881 said:
sucubus is 4 points...

Yes, but her potential value is way higher than Natalis into Commander's Horn.

Like the others, I really don't see a problem with Natalis. Need to have some luck with mulligans, and set up a proper Horn.
May seem OP compared to his previous ability, but compared to other current Golds not so much.

4RM3D;n9839981 said:
What's up with Natalis and CH, like it's the only (valid) choice?
It's not, but OP is clearly about this combo. Btw, you might want to change topic name to reflect that.

NlelithZ44;n9841401 said:
It's not, but OP is clearly about this combo. Btw, you might want to change topic name to reflect that.

Well, let's not tell him about Natalis into Reinforcement into 3 buffed Infantrymen for a whooping 28 strength (or 34 strength with Dandelion, though that's usually not worth it).

NlelithZ44;n9841401 said:

6 points on top a silver card is too much, reinforcement is also great. also he thins deck which coral or sucubus dont.

Pruny;n9842891 said:
6 points on top a silver card is too much, reinforcement is also great. also he thins deck which coral or sucubus dont.

Please, stop comparing (random) gold cards from different factions in a vacuum. You cannot compare Natalis with Succubus, Coral or Ge'els. Different faction, different rules.

- Natalis also requires investment in silver slots, Coral doesn't, which is a big thing for Skellige because their silver slots are tight.
- Ge'els allows you to summon a gold and silver card (for next turn), Natalis can only summon tactic cards.
- Besides, you have Isengrim (7 str) and Vesemir (6 str) who can also summon silver cards.

Natalis, with the current state of NR, is not OP.

Honestly, compared to some of the cards in the game he is incredibly tame; but who am I to say when I usually just play for fun.

When I agree that it's not a good thing to have one card being too strong to compensate a generally weak faction, I don't think Natalis is a problem at all.
This guy needs quiet a few things to go well in order to get value. Not only you need to avoid Reinforcement and CH but you also need to assemble the right board state which is not always as easy as it might sound and involves a decent amount of risks.

In fact I think this card is perfectly designed and it's one of the last I would change in the current meta really...

Last edited:
Actually i think Natalis should have a bit less str. Come on guys how often you didn't stacked 5 units? (if often then you must be playing wrong NR). Also if you have bad draw you can marchin orders for Blue stripes at the start round 1 witch is already huge help. later you can use it for Stanis. There are also other possibilities if you got more Tactics in deck.
Look at this that way : 99% NR players use Natalis, that need to tell us he is OP.

Kingoko;n9871761 said:
99% NR players use Natalis, that need to tell us he is OP.

And 100% of Skellige players use Sigrdrifa. What does this tell us ?
If you wanna talk with facts, get your facts right. John Natalis is far from 99% popular and Coral is more popular in skellige decks than Natalis is in Northern Realms decks. And I don't even need to go down to silver cards and popularity (Sigrdrifa is one example of the many).

Do you have a problem with Northern Realms in General ? If yes, we could talk about possible OP cards of this supposedly OP realm. If not, let's move on.
No matter what deck I use, my best win ratio is against NR, no exceptions. Not to mention than in the latest Gwent Open I didn't notice a single John Natalis....

Top Bottom