Natures Gift = Double Commander Horn

+
GrizzledLone;n7265950 said:
Who cares about double Commanders Horn when a Scoia'tael player throws in 3 Scorch. Borkh Three Jackdaws, who's that again?
I've never seen that happen before but borkh doesn't bother me really.

gamingdevil800;n7264840 said:
Just doesn't seem right to me that its possible for scoia to double up on the commander horn when the dev's changed the faction so this wouldn't happen.

But that is not what the changes were for. The changes were because of frequent triple + commander's horns (in both NR and Scoia'tel). The Devs are ok with an occasional double horn, that's why Nature's Gift is there.

gamingdevil800;n7264840 said:
Just doesn't seem right to me that its possible for scoia to double up on the commander horn when the dev's changed the faction so this wouldn't happen. Its only happened to me once but I don't think it should be possible. Also you seem keen on keeping things unbalanced. (I can tell by looking into the dark eyes of that anime character lol)
NR & Monsters are fine but Scoia & Skellige need work.

They could do it more than twice before. The devs changed the card so that it cannot happen more than twice. Same for decoy.

Little did you know i'm pretty sure the faction that isn't fine right now is monster, because they're not as strong as the other 3 and need a buff.
(it's not an anime character btw, but a novel character, just like Geralt and other witcher characters are ;) ).

gamingdevil800;n7266130 said:
I've never seen that happen before but borkh doesn't bother me really.

Of course it doesn't bother you. You play NR, you have many way to deal with him compared to some other factions. That's what I said earlier. "What I beat with my deck and I play is fine, what I cannot easily beat needs nerf" should not be how balance work. And lastly, no offence but i'm really getting the feeling that it's what you're doing. Please consider the fact that no faction can do everything, and that nature gift is a silver for ST that needs to be strong enough as a silver. Copying just the last bronze special card is nowhere near silver slot worthy.

Last edited:
gamingdevil800;n7263570 said:
I don't know why the dev's overlooked this after making such an effort to get rid of the double commander horn by nerfing dandelion so hes useless and editing the scoia ability so it can't be replayed. However there is still a way for Scoia to throw out the double commander horn and that is natures gift (Spawn a base copy of the last non-Gold Special Card played, then remove from the game.) Pretty simple just play commander horn then use natures gift straight after. They need to edit which cards natures gift effects so it doesn't effect some silver cards like commander horn... otherwise what was the point of nerfing dandelion etc?

We didn't overlook it :)

This is intended, not allowing natures gift to copy other silver cards would significantly reduce how effective nature's gift is.

Our issues were with using the cards now marked as fleeting 4+ times. Using them twice doesn't concern us much at this time :)

Guest 3973540

I use the Horn with Scoia'tael. The Horn fits nicely in the Havencar + Adrenaline deck, and I am still in the process of assembling the Dwarves deck.

Zefyris;n7268520 said:
They could do it more than twice before. The devs changed the card so that it cannot happen more than twice. Same for decoy.

Little did you know i'm pretty sure the faction that isn't fine right now is monster, because they're not as strong as the other 3 and need a buff.
(it's not an anime character btw, but a novel character, just like Geralt and other witcher characters are ;) ).

Of course it doesn't bother you. You play NR, you have many way to deal with him compared to some other factions. That's what I said earlier. "What I beat with my deck and I play is fine, what I cannot easily beat needs nerf" should not be how balance work. And lastly, no offence but i'm really getting the feeling that it's what you're doing. Please consider the fact that no faction can do everything, and that nature gift is a silver for ST that needs to be strong enough as a silver. Copying just the last bronze special card is nowhere near silver slot worthy.

Really? I mean I don't have all the cards to make a strong enough monster deck yet but from what I've seen it looks really good.

Rethas;n7268800 said:
We didn't overlook it :)

This is intended, not allowing natures gift to copy other silver cards would significantly reduce how effective nature's gift is.

Our issues were with using the cards now marked as fleeting 4+ times. Using them twice doesn't concern us much at this time :)

If that is the case. Why not change dandelion so he can't be revived, so decoy doesn't work on him and so the operator can't work on him? Instead of changing his ability he feels like some weak sauce now especially when you play against monster decks.

gamingdevil800;n7270100 said:
If that is the case. Why not change dandelion so he can't be revived, so decoy doesn't work on him and so the operator can't work on him? Instead of changing his ability he feels like some weak sauce now especially when you play against monster decks.

He can't be good in all situations.
They gave him a unique ability and is kind of ok...

It really works with NR decks, since they have the ability to put a lot of units in the table very quickly.

Monalba;n7270270 said:
It really works with NR decks, since they have the ability to put a lot of units in the table very quickly.

ST and Monsters have the same ability to produce a lot of units. The card can actually work against you.

Monalba;n7270270 said:
He can't be good in all situations.
They gave him a unique ability and is kind of ok...

I would say the only faction NR puts out more units than is Skellige, and even then just barely. Dandelion benefits your opponent far more than it will benefit yourself. At least other bad cards in this game are just weak, but Dandelion will actively hurt your chances of winning more than helping it. I just wish I could be a fly on the wall of CDPR's office when they were discussing this change. I'd be fascinated to know what their intended use case for Dandelion would be. He is straight garbage of a card.

HenryGrosmont;n7274690 said:
Dwarven deck players use Horn? Why?
​​​​​​

Because Mahakam Defender and Yarpen come with built in Adrenaline Rush (and Zoltan, if demoted).

ThreePi;n7274520 said:
I would say the only faction NR puts out more units than is Skellige, and even then just barely. Dandelion benefits your opponent far more than it will benefit yourself. At least other bad cards in this game are just weak, but Dandelion will actively hurt your chances of winning more than helping it. I just wish I could be a fly on the wall of CDPR's office when they were discussing this change. I'd be fascinated to know what their intended use case for Dandelion would be. He is straight garbage of a card.

Nah.
They have Poor Infantry, Reaver Hunters, Reaver Scouts, Ves + gold card, Priscilla, Medic, Margarita, Reinforcements.

I'm not defending the card, but I kind of understand what they tried to do. NR can bring a lot of units into the game with little effort.
But yeah, is not something spectacular, since they units are usually weak and is easily counterable.

We'll see if the new Keira Metz card works well with this tactic.

Treamayne;n7275100 said:
Because Mahakam Defender and Yarpen come with built in Adrenaline Rush (and Zoltan, if demoted).

I meant there are better options than that. Plus, yes Yarpen can survive but bronze units rarely get the

I'm a little bit sad that I didn't play against the OP when I fired of a triple horn today with my Neophyte deck. 1 Horn in Hand+ natures gift, jonny pulled another Horn.

Now are we gonna nerf jonny so he can't draw Commanders Horn anymore ?

HenryGrosmont;n7275860 said:
I meant there are better options than that.

Sure there are, but if a player wants to build a Sticky Dwarf Buff deck and manages to bait out the Scorch/Igni early it's not difficult to get 2 or three of the dwarfs up to 30+ round one and keep them for all three rounds. CH doesn't always have to try for insane 100+ numbers. I didn't say it was a strong competitive strategy, just said that's why some players use CH with dwarves.

Koaalar.424;n7276890 said:
Now are we gonna nerf jonny so he can't draw Commanders Horn anymore ?

I think that's rare enough that I doubt they would bother. Johnny is already relentless.

Top Bottom