NCPD doesn't have jurisdiction in Pacifica, but will teleport there to kill you anyway.

+
I'm currently in Pacifica and just killed some gang members and an innocent bystander got taken out in the crossfire. Immediately NCPD police teleported in 15 millimeters behind me and injured me seriously. I was able to scan them to discover they were actually NCPD first, and I was rather deep in the south side of Pacifica. Then they killed me.

From the start of the game onward for almost 2 months now I have been trained by the news people in the game on the radio and TV that Pacifica is outside of NCPD jurisdiction and that they do not deal with Pacifica. As such, I feel I should be able to go on a rabid killing spree in Pacifica if desired (I don't desire to, but I'm just saying), and the NCPD should not only not interfere or teleport behind me, but they should be completely unaware that it happened and stay in their own jurisdiction like we are told on TV and the radio.

Alternatively, the messages teaching all game players that the NCPD does not have jurisdiction in Pacifica should be removed from the game.

A third option is to establish a Pacifica police department, and have them teleport right inside of your body and kill you from the inside out, even faster than NCPD. LOL But having any police presence whatsoever in Pacifica not only is an inconsistency from the lore and the news teachings, but it takes away from the entire vibe and situation going on in Pacifica which is basically an all out anything goes war zone more or less.

This is basically an anomalous inconsistency that takes away from enjoyment of the game.

Removing the NCPD entirely from everywhere in Night City would be an even better option though, not just Pacifica. Or at least having a GAMEPLAY menu option to do that:

[x] Remove NCPD from the game entirely.

Yeah, not a fan of teleporting cops, but doubleplus not a fan when they do it in an area we are told they do not police.

Does anyone know if there's a "disable NCPD" mod?

In some places of Pacifica, they spawn mercenaries instead of NCPD. I think its around their head quarter.

Not to totally nitpick but I think technically Pacifica is still in their jurisdiction, they just don't actively patrol there because it's too dangerous for them. They could still react to criminal activities there if it was a serious enough threat to the public order, though 1-star would hardly be enough to justify that lore-wise but some cyberpsycho going on a large killing spree might warrant sending in MaxTac.

While it is annoying how the NCPD works with regards to spawning 2ft away from you, I don't want to see them removed completely. They just need to be reworked to be better, hopefully that happens once the major bugs are ironed out. They need some fixes so they can actually chase you in patrol cars, not spawn in directly behind you, and call in a MaxTac AV if things get really out of hand. Some cool location based stuff would be great, like not actively pursuing minor crimes in Pacifica. Though if they're already actively chasing you and you cross the 'border' into Pacifica they should keep pursuing.

Pathfinding is not a thing in 2077, so no one actually chase you or even search the area. Thats why they can only spawn on top of you, instead of arriving in and drop from those AVs in the prologue.

Get into a fight with gangers during a mission and try to run and hide somewhere, they will make their way to your position if possible. They'll even use ladders to try to get to you so pathfinding definitely exists on foot. Pathfinding for vehicles does exist as well but needs a LOT of work. If you do the mission with Kerry where you blow up the van and try to escape from the police cars that spawn they do follow you. The vehicle pathfinding can't seem to deal with dynamic obstacles at all though which is pretty pathetic. We've all parked a car with 1ft of it's rear end sticking out onto the road and watched the entire flow of traffic in both directions grind to a halt because they can't figure out a way how to go around.

Guest 4531988

Pathfinding is not a thing in 2077, so no one actually chase you or even search the area. Thats why they can only spawn on top of you, instead of arriving in and drop from those AVs in the prologue.

You have several missions where you can use the cameras before you go into area (like Royce and Flatbot) there is times where when you camera around there is no enemies what so ever, walk through a door and they spawn (in front of you if you run).

It's weird with the Royce Flatbot mission, as you see them when you walk in but if you hit the cameras after the deal goes south, they have despawned.

They can only search a very limited distant, usually around their spawn area. If you leave their search area, they'll just shoot you behind covers or use yell attacks. For the police car chase scene, it's just another car racing in disguise. There is a video shows that it is not a car chase at all. He drive towards the badland instead of NC, the police car vanished after 2 to 3 seconds. Well, pathfinding exist but super weak.

You have several missions where you can use the cameras before you go into area (like Royce and Flatbot) there is times where when you camera around there is no enemies what so ever, walk through a door and they spawn (in front of you if you run).

It's weird with the Royce Flatbot mission, as you see them when you walk in but if you hit the cameras after the deal goes south, they have despawned.

Like I said in a stealth thread, enemies only go active mode when player get close enough. You will notice some enemies won't move much/at all, until you are close enough and think they are safe to sneak around.

Hmm, one thing I noticed in my two playthroughs (one killing the Voodoo Boys and the other working with them) is that there were a few NCPD patrols spawning around the stadium area, but not really in Pacifica.

Could it have to do with killing the Voodoo Boys?

I've also been attacked by mercenaries and militech depending on where I was in Pacifica.

Not entirely true. I've had a NCPD officer pursue me up a flight of stairs through one of those caged off walkways before.
Nonsense to say that anyway lol. It's based off the Witcher engine which had path finding. AI would be virtually the
same if CDPR never touched it. I think what you're witnessing when you say this comes from the AI bugging out. Also Witcher never had a traffic system, so this could actually be missing from the current build considering it was never an intended feature in Witcher's engine.

When you take one of the police cars parked around Night City, one of the calls over the radio is one where they cancel a pursuit because the suspect fled into Pacifica. And then you go there, point a gun at a civilian in a crime hotspot and they spawn in. Makes little sense.

The fact that they randomly go agressive or go agressive for actions that arent crimes(like shooting a gangmember at a crimescene) is the biggest issue as far as I'm concerned, them spawning right behind me makes it worse. And I've been in situations where I go to the appartment and officer around the building go hostile and issue warrant without me even doing anything hostile.
If they dont fix them, then their removal is the better option. Because right now they act like a worse version of the games gangs.

Not to totally nitpick but I think technically Pacifica is still in their jurisdiction, they just don't actively patrol there because it's too dangerous for them. They could still react to criminal activities there if it was a serious enough threat to the public order, though 1-star would hardly be enough to justify that lore-wise but some cyberpsycho going on a large killing spree might warrant sending in MaxTac.

While it is annoying how the NCPD works with regards to spawning 2ft away from you, I don't want to see them removed completely. They just need to be reworked to be better, hopefully that happens once the major bugs are ironed out. They need some fixes so they can actually chase you in patrol cars, not spawn in directly behind you, and call in a MaxTac AV if things get really out of hand. Some cool location based stuff would be great, like not actively pursuing minor crimes in Pacifica. Though if they're already actively chasing you and you cross the 'border' into Pacifica they should keep pursuing.

We're told specifically inside of the game on the news that Pacifica is outside of NCPD jurisdiction, as well as during the game loading screen after you meet Silverhand while a NCPD representative is being interviewed by Ziggy Q and nervously responds to his leading questions. So we know they have no jurisdiction there because we're repeatedly told that throughout the game.

"Due to the overwhelming level of violence and criminal activity in Pacifica and the Northside Industrial District of Watson, the NCPD has ceded any jurisdiction there, and will also not venture into the Badlands. "

I really hope they fix that as it is incredibly immersion and lore breaking.

We're told specifically inside of the game on the news that Pacifica is outside of NCPD jurisdiction, as well as during the game loading screen after you meet Silverhand while a NCPD representative is being interviewed by Ziggy Q and nervously responds to his leading questions. So we know they have no jurisdiction there because we're repeatedly told that throughout the game.

"Due to the overwhelming level of violence and criminal activity in Pacifica and the Northside Industrial District of Watson, the NCPD has ceded any jurisdiction there, and will also not venture into the Badlands. "

I really hope they fix that as it is incredibly immersion and lore breaking.

Agreed ! I hope CDPR fixes this stuff asap.

Top Bottom