NCPD engaging upon entering an area where a crime was previously committed

+
This is my first post, and what drove me to make this post is a extremely irritating... bug? I'm actually not sure if this is a bug or if it is intended by CDPR, but when I enter an area where I had previously committed a crime (pretty much the only crimes I ever commit are accidentally hitting pedestrians when drifting around corners) I instantly get a wanted star, no matter how much time has passed since the original crime. This makes areas of the map completely inaccessible. I cannot do anything in an area when staying in one place makes 15+ NCPD spawn and do a lot of damage very quickly. If this is a bug, then it is a game breaking one. If it isn't a bug, could anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

It never happened for me, I think. So I'm pretty confident that is a bug, an very annoying bug indeed :(
So if quit the game and relaunch it, it don't "solve" the problem and if you don't use mods, you can/have to report it to CDPR Support (with a save file, it's better)
Not sure about the category, but it's seem to be a "close" one.

This was happening to me post 1.3. I think it eventually went away, after a looong time. I also find it would only happen when driving. So I just started parking round the corner from where it happened and walking to my destination.

This has happened to me to. Apparently it's cops who are already on the map recognizing V from a prior crime and attacking on sight. If you kill that cop and escape, the spawned cops will despawn again and you can go back.

But I do assume it's a bug.

I have also noticed this and yes, it seems consistent with what others have said. It's happened to me when I accidentally spread a pedestrian evenly across the tarmac, like the pedestrian was butter and my Caliburn the knife :ohstopit:

I'll get a star and some cops will start shooting at me, but I'm already driving at speed so I'm outta' there and the star's gone fairly quickly. Then I'll be driving through that area again, perhaps days later in game-time & having travelled several km away since, and I'll suddenly get a star for seemingly no reason at all. I only noticed it because it always happened in the exact same place.

I haven't tried murdering the few cops in the area then driving off, to attempt to reset the area. I don't bother engaging with NCPD because it's certain to be a losing battle if I fight long enough and there's no incentive in-game to fight them. Also, the lowest tier (the only ones to ever spawn like this for me) aren't much of a threat, especially if I'm inside a vehicle. I always just drive straight past them, only once did I want to stop in the area (there's a clothing shop). I found that as soon as I walked into the shop the combat state was automatically cancelled, so it didn't stop me picking up some sweet threads.

I think there are only 2 areas of NC that are affected by this in my game. It's not a big deal for me though because there's not many reasons for me to go back there. I've completed everything to do in those regions.

Thanks for all the responses. Good to see at least this isn't just me. I'll have to find one of the spots where this occurs (there are many) and make a video, then upload my save and submit a bug report.

Top Bottom