Need a 2nd deck - Please Advise

+
Need a 2nd deck - Please Advise

Hello all,

I am currently running this deck:

http://gwentify.com/decks/open-beta-dwarf-resilience/ (I am debating swapping out Cleaver for Olgried, if anyone has a strong opinion on that, please give me your two cents)

It is working wonders for me, but it also gets boring to play the same deck for hours on end; so I am looking for a new deck to run.

Does anyone have advice on a top-tier second deck I can run, that is not similar to the way this one is played? I have checked decklists, but I am not sure of those decks which ones are preforming well at the moment.

Does anyone have a well-preforming favorite that they'd recommend? Budget is not an issue, I'd rather have two great decks then 4 average ones.

Thank you all,

MystiKasT

rolandhsu;n8937750 said:

Thank you very much! I really like the smoonay northern realms deck (queensguard is rather bland, imho), I wonder why no reaver hunter though --- I always hear they are OP. I'm assuming it is because of the lack of copy in that deck + how hard it is to get a trio out now-a-days.

Mystikast;n8937800 said:
how hard it is to get a trio out now-a-days.
reaver hunter is half useless if not placed on the same row and at the moment there's a bunch of row stacking punishing card like coral and Geralt igni. at least of you placed them on different row they are only susceptible to scorch. but the main thing in the NR witcher deck is to always damaging your opponent or play blue stripes scout to clear weather if they are special deck, which makes it more consistent. I do not have it but I've played against it.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/18604-top-1-pandas-crach-hjalmmr-updated-patch
is a good Skellige deck if you want somethign from skellige

Hi! There are a bunch of decks that are doing well right now. What you should play largely depends on what you are looking for.

If you want something that is less monotonous I would suggest trying your hand at building a Nilfgaard deck. NF is still fairly well positioned even after its nerfs and the faction can easily slot in new tech and still play well if you get bored with whatever list you are running at the time.

I assume you already have all of the bronze cards you could ever need so the NF golds I think you should craft are Tibor, Letho, and (if you scrapped him early, which is sad if you did) Cahir. Past that the usual good neutral golds to craft include Resurrect, Regis: Higher Vampire, Geralt: Igni and Ciri.

For your silvers pick up Vanhemar, Pete Saar, Auckes, Assire, Cantarella, Fringilla, Joachim, and if you want to add some more spice on occasion The Guardian.

From there you can expand your nilfgaard and neutral collection and continue to mix and match whatever you feel like playing as you want (or as your meta demands). Take a look at some of the Nilfgaard deck lists on gwentify or gwentdb. Specifically I would suggest starting with a spy-base because it has the most versatility out of the NF archetypes. They should give you a good idea on where to start and from there just have fun with it!

I know you were probably looking for specific lists but I hope you find this post helpful. :)

PackingMoney;n8938170 said:
I have been using this deck, so far it has helped me climb the ladder pretty well.
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21034-swims-deathswarm

Interesting deck. I'm able to beat variations of this, but never with the iris carry over into the next round, I've never played against that. I think that could make all the difference. I will definitely take a look into it. Awesome recommendation, thank you! And to think I had given up on monsters XD

Mystikast;n8939240 said:
Interesting deck. I'm able to beat variations of this, but never with the iris carry over into the next round, I've never played against that. I think that could make all the difference. I will definitely take a look into it. Awesome recommendation, thank you! And to think I had given up on monsters XD

You are very much welcome, hope everything goes well for you.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Mystikast Please don't be offended by my comment, but dwarves resilience is one of the most boring archetypes out there, and is so well-known by everyone that i everything you do is seen a mile ahead by your opponent. I have a 50-50 dwarf and elf deck, and the only dwarf i can catch my opponent offguard with is Sheldon Skaggs (i guess because he isnt default).

I always try to be unpredictable with my decks, so i try to avoid popular strategies. For examples, spy NG is another one of those that everyone knows how it works and they'll start thinking how they'll counter you from the 1st turn you play a spy. Sometimes is best to use cards considered weaker, but that most players arent expecting to see.

Having said that, the deck that PackingMoney showed is really interesting, i would assume it would be a consume deck when i saw harpies and golems, but it's actually focused on getting tons of units onboard and buffin em (like the old Ge'els archetype), havent seen anything like that on OB.

Top Bottom