Need A Lower Tier Second Heart

+
I'm more than 80 hours into the game on PS4 and I am loving it. There are still bugs here and there, but I am absolutely enthralled with the world created by the developers.

One request I do have is that they patch in another buyable option for a Second Heart upgrade with a lower rarity level and lower Body attribute requirements.

I want to finish the game and earn the platinum trophy to show off my respect for the developers (I only earn platinum trophies for games I love), but the "V for Vendetta" trophy requires that you use a Second Heart mod and to do that you have to have a Body level of 16. This means that to earn that trophy, and the game's platinum trophy you must have a character with a high Body attribute. It restricts that trophy to only certain playstyles and makes earning the platinum either much less attainable or more tedious to earn because I am going to have to do almost and another full playthrough with a style I don't enjoy in order to earn it.

A seemingly easy fix to this would be to patch in lesser rare versions of the second heart - maybe one that only restores 30% health, and another that restores 20% health - all requiring lower stats to purchase. As far as I know, there is only one Second Heart mod and it is a legendary item that requires a 16 Body and 45 street cred, but it would be great to have more options to help earn that one elusive trophy on Playstation.

Other than that small gripe, I love the game.

Last edited:
I was coming here to say exactly this. I don't have 20 hours to sink in on a new character but I would like the platinum to cap off the experience, so a lower tier Second Heart - even one that only heals with with 1 single hit point - would make that possible. I don't see that listed in the 1.1 mega patch they just did, unfortunately, so maybe the big Feb patch will have it.

I'd really like to know how difficult an update like this would be. What are some of the direct hurdles the team would have in creating this? Could it be as easy cloning the second heart object and then adjusting the stats?

Several achievements are locked behind character attribute requirements. To do the quick-hack achievement you must invest in intelligence, the super-hero landing is gated behind body. If you want platinum you either have to plan your character for it from the start, read guides to spoil stuff in the story (or be really lucky with the correct choices) or do multiple playthroughs.
Platinum should be a little difficult to obtain in my opinion.

I mean I've spent the better part of 90 hours on this game I would say that is putting in the time. I just don't want to have to put in 20 more hours for this lone thing when it would be a really simple fix.

I'm playing my third game on PS5.
I only have 2 trophies left and none of them work, the achievements associated with the second heart and berserker do not work, neither in the new game nor in the previous games.

In the PS4 version I do have them, but in this version they don't skip in any way.

I would like them to fix it.
Thanks.

I still do not understand why,what makes people think they should be able to everything with every conceivable 'build'
Granted, this one is a more reasonable request.
but I remain of the position that sometimes you simply cant have everything. If you choose to not spec for (in this instance) body) then you SHOULD lose out on certain things as a consequence.

Again, this speific idea is of the more reasonable type, but still...

While they're at it, can they make the Autojock one actually work, please? Thanks. And yes, I bought the Caliburn. I have all the bought vehicles and painstakingly checked each in the list (well, the lists on the internet... the game doesn't track progress on achievements so who knows?)

While they're at it, can they make the Autojock one actually work, please? Thanks. And yes, I bought the Caliburn. I have all the bought vehicles and painstakingly checked each in the list (well, the lists on the internet... the game doesn't track progress on achievements so who knows?)
I don't know if the "new" reward count in achievements (from Dino I believe). Maybe the same as the new TP points who are now take in account in the achievement.
(not sure, I'm not at this point yet).

A seemingly easy fix to this would be to patch in lesser rare versions of the second heart - maybe one that only restores 30% health, and another that restores 20% health - all requiring lower stats to purchase. As far as I know, there is only one Second Heart mod and it is a legendary item that requires a 16 Body and 45 street cred,
I like your thinking as Legendary one instantly restores 100% of max Health when your Health falls to 0. Cooldown 2 minutes.

There is though that such Second Hearts might make Biomonitor cyberware (Restores 30/40/50/60/100% health when total drops below 15%) redundant.

I like your thinking as Legendary one instantly restores 100% of max Health when your Health falls to 0. Cooldown 2 minutes.

There is though that such Second Hearts might make Biomonitor cyberware (Restores 30/40/50/60/100% health when total drops below 15%) redundant.
I use Biomonitor and Second heart and the proposed change won't make biomon redundant, it almost always fires off first unless you take too much damage in one hit. The OP suggests a good idea. But for the simple sake of achievements I don't think it's that important.

I'm more than 80 hours into the game on PS4 and I am loving it. There are still bugs here and there, but I am absolutely enthralled with the world created by the developers.

One request I do have is that they patch in another buyable option for a Second Heart upgrade with a lower rarity level and lower Body attribute requirements.

I want to finish the game and earn the platinum trophy to show off my respect for the developers (I only earn platinum trophies for games I love), but the "V for Vendetta" trophy requires that you use a Second Heart mod and to do that you have to have a Body level of 16. This means that to earn that trophy, and the game's platinum trophy you must have a character with a high Body attribute. It restricts that trophy to only certain playstyles and makes earning the platinum either much less attainable or more tedious to earn because I am going to have to do almost and another full playthrough with a style I don't enjoy in order to earn it.

A seemingly easy fix to this would be to patch in lesser rare versions of the second heart - maybe one that only restores 30% health, and another that restores 20% health - all requiring lower stats to purchase. As far as I know, there is only one Second Heart mod and it is a legendary item that requires a 16 Body and 45 street cred, but it would be great to have more options to help earn that one elusive trophy on Playstation.

Other than that small gripe, I love the game.
I'm in the same boat with you. I'm just needed the Second Heart Trophy. So devs please add a lower grade one.

Top Bottom