Need Advice About my ST Deck

+
Just because you're good at playing doesn't mean you're good at deckbuilding.
Old Gwent Deckbuilding was much simpler and one-dimensional than it is now.

Ok, as you're the master perhaps you can help me out? Tell me what's so badly wrong with this deck:

ST - Brouver
Sihil
Caretaker
Geralt: Aard
Geralt
Morenn
Nirvellen
Ciaran
Iris
Lacerate
Waylay
Sapper
2 x Spear
2 x Ale
2 x Vrihedd Dragoon
2 x Sentry
2 x Mountain Elite
2 x Swordman
2 x Bowman

Decent low units, lock, row alignement/damage, artifact removal, Sihil + Caretaker.

Ok, as you're the master perhaps you can help me out? Tell me what's so badly wrong with this deck:

ST - Brouver
Sihil
Caretaker
Geralt
Morenn
Nirvellen
Ciaran
Iris
Lacerate
Waylay
Sapper
2 x Spear
2 x Ale
2 x Vrihedd Dragoon
2 x Sentry
2 x Mountain Elite
2 x Swordman
2 x Bowman

Decent low units, lock, row alignement/damage, artifact removal, Sihil + Caretaker.

no witchers trio or even roach or any other card that would help u thin ur deck a bit
2xale - what for?
Geralt has no synergy with rest of the deck
Sihil and Caretkaer looks there a bit odd here and IMO there is no enough cards to support SIHIL (like Vrihhed Officers, or Wolfpack)

i see concept here but sihil doesnt fit here IMO

rrc

Forum veteran

ST - Brouver
Sihil
Caretaker
Geralt
Morenn
Nirvellen
Ciaran
Iris
Lacerate
Waylay
Sapper
2 x Spear
2 x Ale
2 x Vrihedd Dragoon
2 x Sentry
2 x Mountain Elite
2 x Swordman
2 x Bowman

nedders, I am not an expert, but as far as I can see, the areas in which your deck can do better:
1) Having only 3 Artifacts and Caretaker is a little riskier. I would prefer to thrown in one or two more artifacts (like Crushing Trap or Mahakan Horn or Pitfall). Otherwise, there is a big chance that your Caretaker may brick.
2) Two Ale seems too much. You have only Swordmaster and Sentry who you can unlock and both of them would most probably be killed than locked (due to low power). You can reduce at least one there.
3) Instead of BME, you can use the Dwarf who does 3 damage and boosts himself to 2. BME can brick sometimes. Say if the opponent plays W3 on the Melee row, BME is dead.
4) I would think Crushing Trap as mandatory for Movement deck. With Aard and Nivellen, it can get a good value as well as help you not brick Caretaker.
5) Shouldn't you have Vrihedd Brigade?
6) Even Waylay is a riskier card. In short R3, it can easily brick. Since you have majority of your gold card as non-elf, you can replace it with something else.
This is just an opinion from a Rank 13 player. So, I may be wrong in all my points.

ST - Brouver
Sihil
Caretaker
Geralt
Morenn
Nirvellen
Ciaran
Iris
Lacerate
Waylay
Sapper
2 x Spear
2 x Ale
2 x Vrihedd Dragoon
2 x Sentry
2 x Mountain Elite
2 x Swordman
2 x Bowman

I'm not the same person, but I'll advise you to take you to take out Iris (useless card against 95% of decks), ales (why do you even have them?), Gerlat (may often be a brick), probably Sihil and Caretaker (You're not a control deck and in the brave new gwent you have to play only archetypes decided by the devs, freethinking will be punished citizen) and waylay (meh card).

I'm also not a big fan of the swordmaster but it's a matter of taste.

I would add Ragnarok, the dragon thing, and Vrihhed Brigades.

Also some card to reduce the rng (royal decree, possibly renew for Nivellin)

Overall ST movement is a very meh archetype.

Last edited:

ST - Brouver
Sihil
Caretaker
Geralt
Morenn
Nirvellen
Ciaran
Iris
Lacerate
Waylay
Sapper
2 x Spear
2 x Ale
2 x Vrihedd Dragoon
2 x Sentry
2 x Mountain Elite
2 x Swordman
2 x Bowman

Sorry for not answering sooner, but you got a lot of valuable input already from other players already!

Sorry for not answering sooner, but you got a lot of valuable input already from other players already!

No worries, was a genuine question!

Geralt has no synergy, but if I'm back to facing SK mega-bears, he's all I've got to hit them.

Caretaker never bricks. Even just pulling the spear is enough, but he's Sihil insurance.

Iris has its uses. The double-Rag Nar Roog ST deck, for example, was cleared up. As was Dragons Dream. She also kills artefacts. I don't understand why she's not useful at 8 provisions.

Things like Dwarf vs BME, or dropping Waylay for another small prov card are just not the difference between winning a few, or losing 12 on the spin. Maybe a few additional deploy/damage but I don't tend to still be 'hoping' for cards like wolfpack into the final round?

Maybe I'll just go back to monsters. ST clearly not for me!!!
Post automatically merged:

I'm not the same person, but I'll advise you to take you to take out Iris (useless card against 95% of decks), ales (why do you even have them?), Gerlat (may often be a brick), probably Sihil and Caretaker (You're not a control deck and in the brave new gwent you have to play only archetypes decided by the devs, freethinking will be punished citizen) and waylay (meh card).

I'm also not a big fan of the swordmaster but it's a matter of taste.

I would add Ragnarok, the dragon thing, and Vrihhed Brigades.

Also some card to reduce the rng (royal decree, possibly renew for Nivellin)

Overall ST movement is a very meh archetype.

Yeah, it was just an example. Didn't feel like it was bad enough to contribute to about 12 losses in a row, was all. I got to level 11 by playing a Monster deck, I'll just go back to it.

Last edited:

ST - Brouver
Sihil
Caretaker
Geralt
Morenn
Nirvellen
Ciaran
Iris
Lacerate
Waylay
Sapper
2 x Spear
2 x Ale
2 x Vrihedd Dragoon
2 x Sentry
2 x Mountain Elite
2 x Swordman
2 x Bowman

This deck is not consistent nedders. You don't have to add cards to counter every possible outcome, you need to build a deck consistent with a reasonable win condition for that deck.

Brouver with lacerate is ok, but adding Sihil what for? You are trying to mix and fit two different decks strategies in one. Iris and Sapper, with Sihil? What for? Why bother to run 2 artifact removals, there's no need.

Two Ale? What's the engine you are trying to preserve here? Swordman? You are already running 2 Spear and Sihil.

Two Mountain Elite? After the patch that card is garbage, one is more than enough.

Sumarizing, you are mixing a Brouver move deck, with a Sihil control deck, ending in a mixed deck with no clear win con. Either stick to full control with Sihil, or to Brouver control with movement. As I said, when you build decks trying to protect you for every single counter the enemy may have you end up with no answer and no win con for ending up with a victory.

This is not about how we might like or dislike Gwent HC new mechanics, I have posted many times my concerns with many of them. But once you decide to stick around, you need to adjust and adapt, and mate that deck of yours is simply not effective.

Top Bottom