Need advice on crafting a gold card

+
Need advice on crafting a gold card

I have 800 scraps and i'm very tempted to craft a new gold card, like Roche or maybe Shani. I just don't want to regret it later ( like i did when i crafted Sabrina. When i milled the card, i got back, like, 10 or 20 out of 200 ), collecting 800 scraps again is a lot of work. Is there a NR gold card that's worth crafting? Should i maybe go for a neutral gold?
At the moment i use RNR ( which i was lucky enough to get from a keg ), Keira, Phillipa and basic Geralt ( i also have basic Triss ).

From what i understand, some cards are going to change at some point, correct? So i'm reluctant to spend 800 scraps. Any advice?

The answer is Geralt: Igni. The answer is usually Geralt: Igni. It's just too versatile. Other choices depend on what kind of NR you are playing. Are you playing Machines? John Natalis. If you are consistently down in CA, then maybe Ciri is the better fit.

But for my money, it's Gigni.

Go with neutral golds first because they can also be used with other factions. Like frbfree mentioned, Geralt: Igni is a safe choice. It works in almost every deck.

bilbo.baggins;n8725740 said:
At the moment i use RNR ( which i was lucky enough to get from a keg ), Keira, Phillipa and basic Geralt ( i also have basic Triss ). From what i understand, some cards are going to change at some point, correct? So i'm reluctant to spend 800 scraps. Any advice?
Gigni, Borkh (Vill-however-you-spell-it Gold Neutral Dragon) or Yen the Conjurer. Definitely go with a neutral gold.

To be honest, i'm not sure of what category my deck falls under. I think it's a bit of a mess. I have Radovid ( what can i say, i just love my locks! ), i don't use machines anymore, i have Reavers trio, Reavers scouts ( which i find really usefull ), and - sorry, i don't remember the names - the 4 card that boosts everyone by 1 and gives 1 shield, the 5 card+2 shield that boosts the cards next to it after every turn, the 8 card+3 shield, a lone blue stripes scout ( because agile+clears weather on it's row ). I experimented with different silvers and crafted some that i quite enjoy.
About CA, i'm not doing too bad. I gain CA in at least one round reasonably often, especially if my Reavers trio goes smoothly or if i draw the Botchling/Lubberkin ( unless i play against a super deck or an obviously sharp player ).

Rawls;n8726410 said:
Borkh (Vill-however-you-spell-it Gold Neutral Dragon)

I have literally started typing out "Three Jackdaws" when referring to this card. I feel your pain, brother.

Rawls;n8726410 said:
Gigni, Borkh (Vill-however-you-spell-it Gold Neutral Dragon) or Yen the Conjurer. Definitely go with a neutral gold.

frbfree;n8726970 said:
I have literally started typing out "Three Jackdaws" when referring to this card.

Haha! Yes, i only remember Borch Three Jackdaws. I can never remember the real name of the dragon.

So, which neutral gold would be more usefull in the long run, when i switch deck? I'm eager to try NG and SK, but i'm leaning towards ST ( and i have 3 ST golds already ). MO are out of the question ( i milled everything, besides a leader, a silver and a gold. Maybe someday... ).

bilbo.baggins;n8727360 said:
So, which neutral gold would be more usefull in the long run, when i switch deck? I'm eager to try NG and SK, but i'm leaning towards ST ( and i have 3 ST golds already ). MO are out of the question ( i milled everything, besides a leader, a silver and a gold. Maybe someday... ).
I would say Borkh is the least versatile, because he can screw you too. Yen and Gigni I think are about even. Yen is better if you draw her in round 1 IMO, but not as good if you draw her with 4 cards to play in round three and is useless if she gets hit with D-Shackle. Gigni is great so long as the other guy has 20 on the board somewhere, which if you have an opponent who knows what there doing, or plays control may not happen. I prefer Yen myself, but you can't go wrong with either.

Rawls;n8727420 said:
Gigni is great so long as the other guy has 20 on the board somewhere

And what happens if it's a girl? :)
Sorry, just kidding! I just find it kind of funny how most people assume that if you play Gwent, you're automatically male.

Thanks for the help everyone. Now,what to craft... Dilemmas, dilemmas...

Just call him Ville ;)

And yeah, this card requires a certain play and if you're struggling with using Scorch in your deck, Ville will be even worse for you.

Top Bottom