NEED ASSISTANCE CONVERTING .XBM FILES TO .TGA

+
Using ModKitchen GUI v1.0.1 ( and/or W3Oven v0.7b ) plus the Witcher 3 ModKit v1.3 , I'm able to uncook most file types EXCEPT for .xbm. For whatever reason, wcc_light won't convert .xbm files into .tga as of game v1.30. Accordingly, it seems easier to request that a more skilled user convert .xbm files to .tga for me, since there doesn't seem to be a single, 'noob-friendly' GUI utility designed specifically to convert the Witcher 3's .xbm files to .tga. Accordingly, here are the .xbm files ( from the Hearts of Stone DLC ) that I'm requesting be converted:

Many, MANY thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You can just use WolvenKit... and also, wcc_lite *does* convert (uncook) xbms to tga.

but WolvenKit is easier

Hey rfuzzo:

Thanks for your reply! Any decent tutorials on exactly how to use wcc_lite (and/or the WolvenKit) JUST to uncook the .xbm files to .tga? Since I've already got the .xbm files, I'd rather not (if at all possible) have to completely uncook the entire Hearts of Stone game assets (again) just to get 'converted' .tga files. I used a combo of ModKitchen GUI v1.0.1 + wcc_lite to uncook the game's assets in the first place, since I never got the hang of the entire cumbersome (and verbose) command line 'technique' required to make use of just the Witcher 3 ModKit v1.3 by itself.

Last edited:
Hey rfuzzo:

Thanks for your reply! Any decent tutorials on exactly how to use wcc_lite (and/or the WolvenKit) JUST to uncook the .xbm files to .tga? Since I've already got the .xbm files, I'd rather not (if at all possible) have to completely uncook the entire Hearts of Stone game assets (again) just to get 'converted' .tga files. I used a combo of ModKitchen GUI v1.0.1 + wcc_lite to uncook the game's assets in the first place, since I never got the hang of the entire cumbersome (and verbose) command line 'technique' required to make use of just the Witcher 3 ModKit v1.3 by itself.
Hi! The whole point about WolvenKit is that you *dont* have to uncook the whole game - you selectively export (convert to tga) single xbms or more if you want.

wokvenkits asset browser let’s you browse through the Games files and add to your mod only those files you want.

here’s the WolvenKit wiki, with a small getting started tutorial:https://github.com/Traderain/Wolven-kit/wiki

Hope that helps :)

Ps: you can get the latest WolvenKit (we’re still developing it) either under the link above (releases) or on nexus.

O.K... I apologize for my glaring 'noobness', but I'm having little success determining how to use the Wolvenkit, tutorials notwithstanding. Frankly, I'm not even certain the Wolvenkit is functioning as intended, if I have installed properly, etc. Among other things (see below) it takes ~15 minutes to load every time I initially (but not subsequently) boot it up. Currently I have it installed in:

C:\Tools\Wolven Kit v0.6.1\Release

Once it finishes booting, I get the generic 'Getting Started' window:

Here are the current settings I have for the Wolvenkit:

Every time I go to settings, I get the following 2 prompts. Up to now, I've clicked 'No' in response, since I'm not familiar with this utility:

Of course, selecting 'No' to the aforementioned results in the following error message:

At one point, I attempted (fruitlessly) to import/view/convert 'uncooked' Hearts of Stone .xbm files that I have on desktop:

Much as I'd be interested to learn how to make full use of the Wolvenkit, I'm thinking it might be faster (and easier) if someone would be kind enough to simply convert the .xbm files to .tga for me. Assuming that they're using the Wolvenkit, perhaps they could include a mini-tut detailing precisely how they went about it. Thanks again for all your patience and assistance.

Hello,

I am currently trying to contribute to wolvenkit.
It is awfully lacking documentation.
You might want to know that the things achieved by the project already are demential, so are the ambitions, and it takes a long time developing.

You did nothing wrong in your previous post. Just create an empty mod, open the asset browser from 'file" on top. There you will be able to find your xbm. You double click it on the left, it becomes marked on the right, you click add to mod on bottom left.
It then is in the directory of your mod project.

Last edited:
You can just use WolvenKit... and also, wcc_lite *does* convert (uncook) xbms to tga.

but WolvenKit is easier
I'm really having a hard time making asset browser in wolven kit work. There is no clear and easy tutorial to use it or even set it up.

Top Bottom