need help Uncooking mod icons?

+
A few mods i want to change have some custom Icons and models.

I'm looking to change some stats in the xml files. that goes all fine. but when i cook the mod and load the game
the icons and textures sometimes dont show, or are incorrect.

Ive been using xtcmodkit to uncook and cook mods but the texture option is greyed out and it looks like its no longer in development.
Its great if im just making XML edits.

i'm slightly familiar with wolvenkit but the asset manager does not see the mod for me to make my edits.

Any other program that can help help with this?

sigh, so it seems that this is a known issue and either its still unresolved or i havent found a solution for it.

But if you uncook a mod with custom icons your icons do not unpack correctly.

so far it seems what was supposed to be a PNG file gets broken up into DDS files.

which could work but im not sure how to recook the mod so the game recognizes the new icons.

and i've tried this tool too, https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/tool-cache-reader.8397190/

get the same result if i uncook it with xtc

Last edited:
i thought some examples were included with the modkit. Also gopher has a video tutorial where he mods a shirt texture
can get to it by googling 'gopher witcher 3 beginners guide to making mods'

alright ill check that out.

So what im discovering is that for whatever reason. the xtcmodkit does not uncook the icons.
Everything else works though. So if i can find an alternative that uncooks the icons ill be made in the shade :)

Top Bottom