Need Help with the Game??

+
Lytha, Boromir2015 and SaltyB, you guys are the Best, thank you so Much! :thumbsup: I took all your comments and tips as it already helped me and I'm sure it will help me as well in the long run!

Btw: This is by far one of the best game I ever played, it's truly amazing! Do you agree? :D

Always a Pleasure! ;)

And yes it is! It truly is! :)

In the Heart of the Woods. You find this quest on Kaer Trolde's noticeboard or by walking into the involved NPCs in Faerlund. That is all in Skellige. :)

Recommended level... uh... 28? Could also be 24. I am not sure.

Level 15 or 16 is a good time to do Novigrad. Or even to move on further and onto Skellige.

However, I very much feel with you about the urge to clean up the ?s before moving on. I have a similar kind of OCD. :)

The thing about the ?s is that you get barely any XP for them anyway. For bandit camps, you only get XP for killing them - that would be 4-5 XP now, if there are 4-5 lvl 9 bandits. For hidden treasures and guarded treasures, you get the XP for killing the monsters guarding them. Monster nests provide a few XP for destroying them, which is nice; and Abandoned Sites give 120 XP or so. That general lack of XP for ?s means that you can basically do them whenever you like. They won't really cause you to overlevel your quests. Their main purpose seems to be to keep the players busy, and to provide a source for valuable stuff to sell.

Then, there's to keep in mind that Velen has some?s with highlevel monsters. There is one with a lvl 32 (or 34?) basilisk next to Oxenfurt. There are a bunch of them with lvl 24-30 monsters in the south or in the periphery. Tackling lvl 32 monsters at lvl 15/16 is not such a splendid idea.

I would do some of these ?s in Velen, until I felt bored, and then I would move on towards Novigrad. And I'd always be wary that the ? ahead might be guarded by a lvl 28 gravehag who'd like to eat me raw at my current level - so, I'd always be ready to run away.

@yankie0007 : I like your formatting style. :)

Sorry for my late reply, Lytha! The last post you wrote made me laugh because you were totally "right" when you said: "I have a similar kind of OCD". The editing aka formatting style, that's part of it! Lol! When it comes to detail, it drives me nut because I will overwork on every things I do, hate that! Lol!

I just started in Novigrad and while I concentrate on the Main Quest, I will often passed by billboards with a yellow exclamation points, should I take it as I go or wait later?

Ps: I'm a level 17.

I would always get the quests from the noticeboards as I walk past them. They are the things that put the ?s onto your map, and you get the witcher contracts and some of the side quests from them.

There is no harm if you pick up the notices while you go past the board :)

Witcher contracts can be completed even after the main game, so no matter if those are very high level quests. You can always do the contract later if you don't have enough levels for it yet. It doesn't disappear from your quest log or get failed. And like @Lytha said, you'll get ? markers on your map.

Nowadays I always collect all the noticeboards first from my current map. Just after that I start doing something else.

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
There is no harm if you pick up the notices while you go past the board :)

Witcher contracts can be completed even after the main game, so no matter if those are very high level quests. You can always do the contract later if you don't have enough levels for it yet. It doesn't disappear from your quest log or get failed. And like @Lytha said, you'll get ? markers on your map.

Nowadays I always collect all the noticeboards first from my current map. Just after that I start doing something else.

If you take the "following the thread" quest from the notice board near Kingfisher in Novigraad before going to Trottheim, Skellige. You won't be able to free the slaves there.

If you take the "following the thread" quest from the notice board near Kingfisher in Novigraad before going to Trottheim, Skellige. You won't be able to free the slaves there.
This is incorrect. You can start Following the Thread by taking the notice from the noticeboard, and can still do Flesh for Sale.

But you have to not proceed with it up to the point where you're sent off to Skellige. That is: Stop at the latest when you're supposed to meet with Lambert at the Seven Cats Inn. I usually just take the notice and ignore the Supervisor and anything involved in that quest, and Flesh for Sale is available just fine.

Five games and I never seen that quest :blink:

So THAT'S what the cage was for... I always thought that it has to have something to do with quests, but never actually figured it out. Need to check that in my next game :p

Top Bottom