Need realistic difficulty setting

+
I really wish there was a realistic difficulty setting a'la DeusEx.

Currently If I set difficulty to easy, V becomes a tank, but enemies die pretty realistically from one headshot.
But if I set difficulty to hard, enemies become bullet sponges taking dozens of headshots to take down while V can be killed by one or two hits.

I want both at the same time, so that V is not a tank and enemeis aren't bullet sponges either. as in, realistic.

on very hard, if you want to one shot kill enemies, you need to invest into perks... thats the whole point... and believe me, you can increase your damage through the roof by this... CP2077 is not a First Person Shooter.. its RPG. therefore skills and perks decide what damage you deal and how strong your character becomes... If I could change one thing in this, i would reduce amount of XP player can get... so Level 50 would be almost impossible to achieve by finishing all quests and gigs... that way, players would finish the game with level 25 or so, and game would be much more challenging on them... instead of current situation where everybody over-levels the content and breezes through the missions, then complain how easy it was.

I really wish there was a realistic difficulty setting a'la DeusEx.

Currently If I set difficulty to easy, V becomes a tank, but enemies die pretty realistically from one headshot.
But if I set difficulty to hard, enemies become bullet sponges taking dozens of headshots to take down while V can be killed by one or two hits.

I want both at the same time, so that V is not a tank and enemeis aren't bullet sponges either. as in, realistic.

I would like that. I stopped playing very hard for that very reason, i have to hit dozen times to kill one npc while they only have to hit me 1-3 times. So shoot from my cover and hit two times barly causing any damage while being almost killed in return by my target and have to cover, healing back up and again, this takes ages and is extremly healkit and ammo costing, not to mention time consuming and boring, too.

I dont understand how people find this entertaining.

So shoot from my cover and hit two times barly causing any damage while being almost killed in return by my target and have to cover, healing back up and again, this takes ages and is extremly healkit and ammo costing, not to mention time consuming and boring, too.

I dont understand how people find this entertaining.

The entertaining part is trying to come up with a plan to avoid getting caught in the above critical situation, by using everything the game has to offer. Cover system, reposition, height advantage, consumables, grenades, cyberware, utilizing your perks properly, etc.

Somehow Cyberpunk's hardest difficulty does not require any broken META build to be enjoyable. You can do fine just by using all the in game systems, no matter your weapon of choice. If i can beat it at level 50 by using mainly blue defenders(currently one of the weakest weapons in the game), so can everyone else.

on very hard, if you want to one shot kill enemies, you need to invest into perks... thats the whole point... and believe me, you can increase your damage through the roof by this... CP2077 is not a First Person Shooter.. its RPG. therefore skills and perks decide what damage you deal and how strong your character becomes... If I could change one thing in this, i would reduce amount of XP player can get... so Level 50 would be almost impossible to achieve by finishing all quests and gigs... that way, players would finish the game with level 25 or so, and game would be much more challenging on them... instead of current situation where everybody over-levels the content and breezes through the missions, then complain how easy it was.
i can confirm it, with sniper rifle i can do over a million damage, with some up to 4 million, you can pretty one shot the final boss

The entertaining part is trying to come up with a plan to avoid getting caught in the above critical situation, by using everything the game has to offer. Cover system, reposition, height advantage, consumables, grenades, cyberware, utilizing your perks properly, etc.

Somehow Cyberpunk's hardest difficulty does not require any broken META build to be enjoyable. You can do fine just by using all the in game systems, no matter your weapon of choice. If i can beat it at level 50 by using mainly blue defenders(currently one of the weakest weapons in the game), so can everyone else.

Ok so all this difficulty challenge you talk about is for level 20+ then when the primany char ability (body, reflex, cool or whatever) is maxed and the best skills are taken?

How about level 1-6 when you completly lack everything?

I'd add to this "survival" option checkbox.. So V will need to eat, drink and sleep, not being fullmetal robot ignoring this needs.
...and maybe need to wash him/herself, so shower won't be totally useless.

Ok so all this difficulty challenge you talk about is for level 20+ then when the primany char ability (body, reflex, cool or whatever) is maxed and the best skills are taken?

How about level 1-6 when you completly lack everything?

For me personally, low level content in 'very hard' difficulty felt exactly the same as when i played 'normal' and 'hard'. So, there you have it. There is practically no difference before the mid game.

Last edited:
For me personally, low level content in 'very hard' difficulty felt exactly the same as when i played 'normal' and 'hard'. So, there you have it. There is practically no difference before the mid game.
Yes, when I first started the game, easy and very hard felt indistinguishable to me. The differences came later.

No, the whole point of realistic difficulty setting is you guessed it: REALISM. Where you don't need a perk, for a bullet to the head to be fatal. Like in DeusEx skills only affected the handling reloading speed and movement speed with weapons, and only barely changed the damage the bullet causes.

In my opinion CP combat has identity crisis, it doesnt know if wants to be slow paced or fast paced. Combat is quite more slow paced right until Lvl 30 then it suddenly switches around and youre starting to one shot everyone and game doesnt have enough enemies to enjoy fast paced combat as everyones on screen dies in about 15 sec

Top Bottom