Need some help..

+
Need some help..

Hi guys, Im new here and a new player of witcher xd

My questions is do we have somehing to track down side quests, contracts even potions.. something like " you did 20 of 40 contracts" because with a big game like this its hard to tell if im missing something and i would like to know how many things im missing,

The other thing is, idk if this happened to u guys but when i go to alchemist i can't use the new feature to buy directly the itens or even use the old way with the potion on the side.... this happened with the old guy from velen.

My questions is do we have somehing to track down side quests, contracts even potions.. something like " you did 20 of 40 contracts" because with a big game like this its hard to tell if im missing something and i would like to know how many things im missing,
None that I'm aware of but generally speaking you should just get all the notice boards and you'll get 95% of the contracts/sidequests that way, others you'll just come across while playing/roaming around.

Hi guys, Im new here and a new player of witcher xd

The other thing is, idk if this happened to u guys but when i go to alchemist i can't use the new feature to buy directly the itens or even use the old way with the potion on the side.... this happened with the old guy from velen.

According to my knowledge there is no way of tracking sidequests like you mentioned - I am on my second playthrough (main game only) and I am discovering new quests daily - I kinda missed a lot with my first playthrough.

Since most sidequest are found at the notice boards, its easily to collect all of them. Most realy big side quest also arent hiden in some way, yet there are a few big quests only triggered after certain events and decisions and the game does not indicate whether you missed them. Also a few sidequest only appear as exclamation marks on the map when you travel along. The game indicates, how many of these Marks you did not track after you already found them though. The Game also shows how many notice Boards you did not find in each region (all of this is displayed on the map).

The Witcher 3 is really big and just like the Souls series, it is designed that you may miss a some things on a first play trough or without Guides

thanks, one more thing, i didint told triss that i loved her so she went away... now i found one side quest that i needed her and geralt said something like " unfortenatily i cant ask triss aobut this,,," and i cant se the mission on m journal, so will I be able to do that quest later? i found this misson n novigrad talking to a blacksmith.

thanks, one more thing, i didint told triss that i loved her so she went away... now i found one side quest that i needed her and geralt said something like " unfortenatily i cant ask triss aobut this,,," and i cant se the mission on m journal, so will I be able to do that quest later? i found this misson n novigrad talking to a blacksmith.

Good question , One that I would like to know as well since in my first playthrough Triss was my choice - but after I read all the books I'm going with Yennefer on my ultimate playthrough - got the same response with regards to some quest items.

Good question , One that I would like to know as well since in my first playthrough Triss was my choice - but after I read all the books I'm going with Yennefer on my ultimate playthrough - got the same response with regards to some quest items.

I saw some comments saying that we can give her the itens later... but the mission got bugged in some cases.

I saw some comments saying that we can give her the itens later... but the mission got bugged in some cases.

Well without spoiling it for you - You do meet her again , but I don't know if you will be able to ask her about the items. Maybe

If it's about some statues you picked up in Novigrad & you didn't speak to her about them when she was around then yes later in the game you meet up with Triss again but you have a very short window to ask her about them before the story advances then it's impossible to complete those Quests.

Once you Ciri & the sorceresses all end up back in Novigrad at Dandelions to plot your next move against the Wild Hunt Triss will be in one of the rooms upstairs. Find her now & ask her about them it's your only chance. If you advance the story by doing the quest lines for the others asking her later becomes impossible & you won't get another chance.

about the triss thing... nice to know that i can do thse quests later... now what about one girl Philippa? because from what i saw i need triss on this one... its also later on the game or again i need triss to be n novigard?

One more thing,,, im doing some side quests in novigard.. i did the one with priscila being atacked, that took me around 30m and from what i saw i got less than 100xp not even 50 i think... im getting very small xp from thse side quest in novigard....

Last edited:
Yes you can only complete them In Novagrad as that's where those side quests are based & they are specific to Triss no one else can trigger them so you have to wait for her return.

Because their are so many secondary & side Quests XP rewards from them scale to your current level. This system prevents you getting so much XP that you jump far ahead of the levels set for the main story quests. Look in your Quest log & note Quests have a recommended level. Those in Green are those you should do as they give you XP while those in Red give very little as you have already passed 5 levels higher or the recommended level is too high & you die if you attempt them. Their is nothing to stop you still doing expired Quests you just won't get XP rewards from them.

My questions is do we have somehing to track down side quests, contracts even potions.. something like " you did 20 of 40 contracts" because with a big game like this its hard to tell if im missing something and i would like to know how many things im missing

After completing everythin on my own I used google to give the locations to all side quests and checked them out that way. There were some but not many left so It's totally possible to do without any outside help.

Top Bottom