Need some suggestions for an Ele'yas' Neophyte Army

+

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Need some suggestions for an Ele'yas' Neophyte Army

After all those Monster Consume and SK Discard decks, I want to play something different for the lolz. Ele'yas is a card you don't see much. I have had him lying around for a while now and wanted to make a deck out of him. I know it will never be a competitive deck, but maybe I could have some fun with him.

Here is my first attempt with Brouver Hoog as the leader:

The whole premise of this deck is to play Operator on Ele'yas and pump out as many Neophytes as I can.

The biggest weakness is that I need to have Ele'yas in my hand. As a gamble, when I don't have him, but do have Operator or Alzur's Double–Cross, I am using Brouver + Milva to get Ele'yas back in my hand. Another weakness is that when I don't have access to an Elven Merc chain or some golden cards, I will lack the power to build up the Neophytes.

- Brouver is the obvious choice to guarantee access to critical silvers.
- Operator for Ele'yas (as mentioned)
- Elven Merc + First Light for deck thinning and Isengrim proccing.
- BMC + Vanguard for some more Neophytes.
- Aglaïs is nice for a double D-Bomb (if needed), another Commander's Horn or some extra Potions or First Light, depending on the situation.

Suggestions for improvements?

As mentioned, the issue with this version is that you need Isengrim, Ele'yas & Operator in round 1 to make it pay off consistently - which even with hoog is going to happen maybe one out of three games ... 50% at best. I use him in a less dedicated neophyte control scheme deck.

Eithne
Schirru; Iorveth; Isengrim; Saskia
Aeromancy; Cirian; Toruivel; Yaevinn; Ele'yas; Nature's Gift
Eleven Merc x 3; First Light x 3; Azur's Thunder x 3; BMC x 2; V Dragoon x 2; V Vanguard x 2

It's not quite so reliant on Isengrim - Ele'yas combo. But when it works ... that combo still pays off pretty well. Plus you get to replay a gold card with Eithne (which can be really beneficial with Iorveth, Schirru or Saskia).

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Rawls;n7985490 said:
I use him in a less dedicated neophyte control scheme deck.

That deck was very similar to the one I was using before the patch. Only I didn't have Ele'yas, Saskia and Thunder, instead I used potions and Aglais.

It kinda lost a bit of its former glory. Hmmm, how well are you handling things with this deck?

4RM3D;n7985660 said:
s very similar to the one I was using before the patch. Only I didn't have Ele'yas, Saskia and Thunder, instead I used potions and Aglais.
It kinda lost a bit of its former glory. Hmmm, how well are you handling things with this deck?
I'm 27-13 in ranked with it but I'm still relatively low level in ranked so take that for what it's worth. I played only casual till the Nilfgaard patch came in. And I generally only play 1-2 daily reward tiers a day.

i built a very similar deck, but haven't really found my bearings yet... I put only one BMC and had a few more special cards (alzur's thunder, dim. shackles) to get some more neophytes from isengrim. and i use saskia to bombard the board once the neophytes are all there. don't have renew yet... :(

Last edited:
I don't like control/Isengrim very much, so this is my Non-Isengrim version:

Leader: Eithné.
Gold: Geralt: Igni, Saskia, Iorveth, Ithlinne.
Silver:Myrgtabrake, Ele'yas, Malena, Toruviel, Iris, Cleaver.
Bronze: Vrihedd Dragoons x2, BMC x2, Vriheed Vanguard x3, Vrihedd Officer x2, Fireball Trap x2, First light x2, Alzur Thunder x2

Mixed results, but I don't play much lately so I can't give you consistent info in that regard. But it is a fun deck. I use Ithlinne with Vri Officers mainly against weather.

4RM3D;n7985300 said:
The biggest weakness is that I need to have Ele'yas in my hand.

i think this build is to strict depending only on one card (eleyas). i think you can keep eleyas in your deck then summon him with your drawven leader or dwarven leader+double cross+eleyas.
dont you think your commander should decreased by 1? so only 2 blue command on your deck.
i tried using ST when blue commando is summoned by mercenary and you have 1 others card with green STR on BF, you are forced to use BC ability on that card. so all bonus STR on it will gone.

Rawls;n7985490 said:
Aeromancy; Cirian; Toruivel; Yaevinn; Ele'yas; Nature's Gift

i dont have any idea how to play cirian and what he is used for? he like Ciri Dash but fliped down and one STR. even you buffed it and it back to you back all buff will gone. can you tell me how to use cirian please
and others card like denis carmen, and the only one ST female sniping silver card (forget name), never see anyone using both of them

Anen;n8297170 said:
i dont have any idea how to play cirian and what he is used for? he like Ciri Dash but fliped down and one STR. even you buffed it and it back to you back all buff will gone. can you tell me how to use cirian please
Cirian is played like Ciri (regular) except he is face down so opponents won't know 100% if it's him till the end of the round. He's a card advantage play. I play him in the round I don't need to win. Usually I try to win round 1, and play Cirian and Yaevinn in round 2 for +2 CA if I have them both. However, this is a VERY common tactic. You can use that anticiaption to your advantage. I used to frequently play a buffed Toruviel as first card in round 2, opponents would assume it's Cirian. I passed, they passed, Toruviel turned over and they lost the round. Game over.

Eleyas/Isengrim neophyte deck has been my favourite for a while, but I run a very different version. My golds are Isengrim, Milva, Ciri (reg) and Yennefer (reg). I would probably run Saskia or Alglais, but I don't have them. The Operator idea is pretty nice, but I don't have that card either. My ideal play is usually something along the lines of: open with Vanguard, bring it back to my hand with Milva. Drop Maleena, then keep playing whatever Vanguards and Fireball Traps I have in my hand, bouncing them with BMC until my Aelerin (goddamn elves with their stupid spellings) comes out, and try to force round one with a huge Yennefer. Round two I'll Yaevin and Ciri (which usually survives - if they have a lock they use it on Maleena) for card advantage. Then round 3 Isengrim, and just keep them down with special cards like Alzurs, Lacerates, Scorch and D-Bomb/Shackles, plus as many Elven Mercs/ First Lights as I can. Then I use Brouver Hoog to drop a massive Eleyas as last card, which usually wins the game for me.

I don't play ranked, so I can't say how viable it would be there, but I run it in casual (often against meta decks) and it seems to do pretty well - I win most of my games, at least. There's probably a few things I'd change but I don't have all the cards.

Rawls;n8299360 said:
I used to frequently play a buffed Toruviel as first card in round 2, opponents would assume it's Cirian. I passed, they passed, Toruviel turned over and they lost the round. Game over.

Similar, have 4 elves + Toruviel on the board and pass after which Aelirenn is triggered for an extra 6 strength.

Top Bottom