need someway to look in the dark

+

Guest 3847602

It was pointed milion times.
I think some developer mentioned it was intentional. And there are missions where dark plays a role.

Though I personally would consider it problem of those places/quests. Not having flashlight in that universe is odd, same as having "top" eyes cyberware and none has any kind of nightvision.

It is a detail but would be cool if there would be something.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Sometimes I wish certain areas would be even darker.
(Maybe that's a bit too dark though.)

darkerpunk2077.png

[Reconciliation Park, photomode.]

It's 2077, flashlights don't exist anymore. /s

Hopefully in the future we'll get a toggle for our eye cyberware that has night vision or something (some in-game scopes already have this iirc)

It seems like a trivial matter to put in a Kiroshi upgrade at the ripperdocs that allows you to toggle the same low light mode that some scopes have. It's low hanging fruit, I can't guess why it hasn't been done.

It seems like a trivial matter to put in a Kiroshi upgrade at the ripperdocs that allows you to toggle the same low light mode that some scopes have. It's low hanging fruit, I can't guess why it hasn't been done.

I dont have trouble like i said, i think its a gamma issue with some tv's/pc's. But this would benefit combat at night.

so been playing the game for over 40hrs in 1.5 and 1 problem stood out to me, other than headlights there are no other ways to see anything in the dark. In some quest like saving delamin it's hard to find my way through the factory so i think it's better to add flashlight into the game
The game was going to have night vision. Even one of the game's Technical Artists uploaded a video on YouTube and showed it and it seems to be pretty good. I don't know why they didn't include it in the final version of the game. The scanner mode in the current version of the game is not as bright as the one showed in the video.

Last edited:
Maybe the patch changed the gamma settings a bit, not sure. Might be worth adjusting this setting again.

Extra light definitely wasn't necessary before patch 1.5 ... but I did run into a similar problem too two days ago inside a building (for the very first time after two playthroughs...).

Aside from that, I agree that night vision would be cool...
Although I'd probably be too lazy too use it :ROFLMAO:

The game was going to have night vision. Even one of the game's Technical Artists uploaded a video on YouTube and showed it and it seems to be pretty good. I don't know why they didn't include it in the final version of the game.
The author state in the comments that it is activated automatically in dark areas in focus mode.
And that is, in my experience, rather an effect that doesn´t really allow you see more.

The author state in the comments that it is activated automatically in dark areas in focus mode.
Yeah I know but as I said, the effect is not as bright as the one showed in the video.
And that is, in my experience, rather an effect that doesn´t really allow you see more.
I also think that a proper flash light is much more helpful. But I really like that Night vision effect :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom