Nenneke must change

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, Nenneke is that gold NR card, 4 pts and has 4 charges to boost, costs 9 provisions. Seems balanced, i guess.

Usually it is used to boost your allies, but recently (some weeks or months ago, i guess) someone figured out it can be used with Pincer Maneuver+Scorch for some insane plays.

Im asking the devs to change her to only allow the boost of allies and stop this play. Some might say im asking for a fun/ memey tactic to be removed. Some might deduce that i just lost 3 times to the same dude on ranked using this BS (until i changed my deck to swarm and had my revenge, but barely).

HOWEVER, i remember CDPR did change others cards like the spear and shield artefacts that were being used to line up Scorches/Ignis, in order to stop that. Almost every unit in the game does not allow the damaging of own units or boosting the opponents exactly to stop these type of plays. And yet, NR is the exception, aggravated by Pincer Maneuver which can do all this in a single turn with no chance to counter.

The only reason not everyone is using this is because NR and Pincer Maneuver are already OP and this Nenneke+Scorch is way harder to pilot than braindead Siege+Falibor/Philippa/Anseis spam.

Guest 4368268

Sounds like another cheesy combination made possible by the way leaders work (especially the play two-units ones) I'd much prefer to see that reworked instead. Your units being lined up by Nenneke would be fine and could even be punished if you at least had a turn to answer it. I'd like for Gwent to truly feel like a turn based game again rather than line up and execute in the same turn as you have to watch helplessly.

I remember the little wars with boosting/damaging you had in beta gwent when Villentretenmerth got played out, I miss that style.

Nenneke is fine. 1 point for that player for use his brain. That unit is fine and Scorch is not that good nowadays, specially against Monster, Skellige or Syndicate decks. Scorch is very bad against those factions.

Wait, people are still using pincer?? I thought it had been nerfed right?!?!?!

That's sarcasm if not everyone can tell.
Post automatically merged:

NR is the only reason I stopped playing ranked games.
No other faction is so annoying with this constant bombardment

Plenty of people including myself pointed out how bombardment is simply too strong in the current game and even after two months for the devs to get the patch nailed down they still didn't touch it. This is why I currently have zero desire to play Gwent. After all of these years of ups and downs they finally broke me.

So, Nenneke is that gold NR card, 4 pts and has 4 charges to boost, costs 9 provisions. Seems balanced, i guess.

Usually it is used to boost your allies, but recently (some weeks or months ago, i guess) someone figured out it can be used with Pincer Maneuver+Scorch for some insane plays.

Visogota of Corvo can do the same thng. I mean, boost the other team.

3 months ago the deck was fun too play with and not too strong, almost no one used it, now seemingly with this scenario card it is has become OP meta and everyone uses it. For me that is even more annoying then the strength of the deck.

I think I als faced this Nenneke/Scorch deck once but it got milled. Sounds like a nice combo to try out.

3 months ago the deck was fun too play with and not too strong, almost no one used it, now seemingly with this scenario card it is has become OP meta and everyone uses it. For me that is even more annoying then the strength of the deck.

Agree with this. It's so ridiculous when the devs actually make things worse with the balance patches. Your example is a good one. They throw in OP cards which make everyone hate a certain archetype and the devs then go in and nerf it into the ground so it's worse than it was before.

Case in point is dwarves. I was happy with dwarves once they introduced Novigradian Justice. This card gave dwarves an edge in the game that they had not had after homecoming launched. So I was finally using them and they were competitively viable. THEN a new patch threw in a bunch of super strong dwarf cards. As soon as I saw the cards I was stunned because I knew that dwarves were going to be insane with them. The devs apparently did not realize that dwarves were already viable and buffed them through the roof. So of course there were endless complaints and dwarves have gone through at least three nerfs since then. The final nail in the coffin was the change to Novigradian Justice. That card at least kept dwarves playable after the previous nerfs. For some inexplicable reason they felt the need to change it even though they didn't touch Waters of Brokilon which is nearly as broken and still being used in tier 1 decks. WTF

Help bring weather back! It can re-balance/stop NR bombardment ;)

Removing niche interactions like these will make the game (even) more bland. I am in favor of the opposite; add more stuff like this in the game. As it stands now, the game doesn't have many interesting interactions. Point in case, the change to Call of the Forest making it a simple tutor card; more flavor lost.

Wait, people are still using pincer?? I thought it had been nerfed right?!?!?!

That's sarcasm if not everyone can tell.

Plenty of people including myself pointed out how bombardment is simply too strong in the current game and even after two months for the devs to get the patch nailed down they still didn't touch it. This is why I currently have zero desire to play Gwent. After all of these years of ups and downs they finally broke me.

Yeah, but Harmony decks and Elf swarms are more broken than Siege decks.

If anything, it will only make things even worse, because you have to choose between Weather cleaner or Artifact removal in your deck

Well, with so many things that are impossible to cover with one deck anyways, I'm quite a big fan of the "if placed on the melee row do this, if placed on the range row do that" kind of cards. They might not be great value in themselves, but if there were more of those cards covering more scenarios, 4p and 5p provision cards doing ONLY that thing would become quite irrelevant, and do this or that card would be decent value.

I personally think Van Moorlems Cupbearer is one of the most interesting cards added in Ofir, for that exact reason.

Playing 14p weather just to have it cleared with a card that is say 7p and can either purify or clear weather and put 5 body on the table, is quite a slow move and will disadvantage you alot in the round.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Nenneke is fine. 1 point for that player for use his brain. That unit is fine and Scorch is not that good nowadays, specially against Monster, Skellige or Syndicate decks. Scorch is very bad against those factions.

Why is scorch against those factions, that have big units, and good vs NR and SC? You would expect it to be otherwise.
I know SY only has Savollas Frightener as big unit, and has shield so it might be hard to line up with others, maybe the hound.

Nenneke has 4 charges, that means you need to have 5 points difference between your highest and 2nd highest unit to avoid multiple units getting scorched. Which still wont matter because the opponent has other cards to remove units that stray too far from the points of other cards.

Its a bit insane that decks with only 4/5pt units are vulnerable to mega scorches, if you ask me.

Visogota of Corvo can do the same thng. I mean, boost the other team.

Thanks, i never noticed this and never seen it used to boost opponents. Even if less viable for this scorch tactic unless you hoard charges on him and he's vulnerable to removal, but if CDPR wants to follow their own code, he should be changed too.

Agree with this. It's so ridiculous when the devs actually make things worse with the balance patches. Your example is a good one. They throw in OP cards which make everyone hate a certain archetype and the devs then go in and nerf it into the ground so it's worse than it was before.

Case in point is dwarves. I was happy with dwarves once they introduced Novigradian Justice. This card gave dwarves an edge in the game that they had not had after homecoming launched. So I was finally using them and they were competitively viable. THEN a new patch threw in a bunch of super strong dwarf cards. As soon as I saw the cards I was stunned because I knew that dwarves were going to be insane with them. The devs apparently did not realize that dwarves were already viable and buffed them through the roof. So of course there were endless complaints and dwarves have gone through at least three nerfs since then. The final nail in the coffin was the change to Novigradian Justice. That card at least kept dwarves playable after the previous nerfs. For some inexplicable reason they felt the need to change it even though they didn't touch Waters of Brokilon which is nearly as broken and still being used in tier 1 decks. WTF

I agree, for a long time in Gwent HC the M.O. seemed to be add or change cards and archetypes into ultra broken OP, then nerf it to the ground. You mention dwarves, which was probably the last situation where this happened.

But one archetype always seemed to escape these nerfs, it has almost become an inside joke - talkin about Harmony and Waters of Brokilon of course.

Additionally, it seems CDPR wanted to stop those huge nerfs that it was becoming known for, and on the February patch barely nerfed NG Poison and NR Siege and SC Harmony, and so these decks are still top meta, which is even worse than if it did nerfed like it used to.

Removing niche interactions like these will make the game (even) more bland. I am in favor of the opposite; add more stuff like this in the game. As it stands now, the game doesn't have many interesting interactions. Point in case, the change to Call of the Forest making it a simple tutor card; more flavor lost.

Normally i would agree. I've always been an advocate of original decks and strategies, specially those that require a little more planning. But in this situation, its just a matter of "faction justice".

Yes, of course there should be things that a faction can do that another cant, its connected to its identity, but scorches and ignis have always been neutral (at most, unofficially they've been linked to SC). I even remember trying to do something similar with Syndicate, but it just wouldnt work because i couldnt boost enemies/ damage allies. I dont think NR should get a free pass here.

Last edited:
Why is scorch against those factions, that have big units, and good vs NR and SC? You would expect it to be otherwise.
I know SY only has Savollas Frightener as big unit, and has shield so it might be hard to line up with others, maybe the hound.

Its a bit insane that decks with only 4/5pt units are vulnerable to mega scorches, if you ask me.

Vysogota should be changed too.

Scorch is bad against Skellige, Syndicate and Monster factions because they have a lot of big units. You will usually kill only 1 or 2 of them if they see it coming later on (and they will if you have a couple of artifacts...) It's almost impossible try to line up an Svalvlod Priest, an Yghern or those engines that can be boosted with coins... Nilfgaard, Northern Realms and Scoia'tael in the other hand have a lot of units with 3, 4 and 5 base power, so they are easy to line up. Scoia'tael has also those Harmony decks, same as Monster Thrive but without those big units (excluding The Great Oak of course)

I really like the interaction of damaging your own units or boost enemy units. The reason is simple: more possibilities, combos and smart tactics. For example: You have Vysogota with some charges protected with Donimir of Troy. The opponent plays a pesky unit with Order or something like that. He will win because of that card. You have also Geralt in your hand (your last card) but there are no big units to remove. One thing you can do (only if you saved enough charges) is boost that enemy unit until he reaches 9 base power and kill it with Geralt.

Unfortunately this kind of interactions has been nerfed to hell in the last 7 months or so. So now you can't do a lot of good things. Damaging your own cards with units to avoid being scorched is one of those examples. There are a lot of "Damage an enemy unit" and bla, bla, bla instead of "Damage an unit". The last text is what I enjoy most because you have more options.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Scorch is bad against Skellige, Syndicate and Monster factions because they have a lot of big units. You will usually kill only 1 or 2 of them if they see it coming later on (and they will if you have a couple of artifacts...) It's almost impossible try to line up an Svalvlod Priest, an Yghern or those engines that can be boosted with coins... Nilfgaard, Northern Realms and Scoia'tael in the other hand have a lot of units with 3, 4 and 5 base power, so they are easy to line up. Scoia'tael has also those Harmony decks, same as Monster Thrive but without those big units (excluding The Great Oak of course)

I really like the interaction of damaging your own units or boost enemy units. The reason is simple: more possibilities, combos and smart tactics. For example: You have Vysogota with some charges protected with Donimir of Troy. The opponent plays a pesky unit with Order or something like that. He will win because of that card. You have also Geralt in your hand (your last card) but there are no big units to remove. One thing you can do (only if you saved enough charges) is boost that enemy unit until he reaches 9 base power and kill it with Geralt.

Unfortunately this kind of interactions has been nerfed to hell in the last 7 months or so. So now you can't do a lot of good things. Damaging your own cards with units to avoid being scorched is one of those examples. There are a lot of "Damage an enemy unit" and bla, bla, bla instead of "Damage an unit". The last text is what I enjoy most because you have more options.

I might have given the impression that i dont like those mechanics for my suggestion, but that is not the case. I really enjoyed those "cat and mouse" games of trying to line up a scorch in beta, or the Villentretenmerth that @Nathan277 mentioned, that took 3 turns to have its effect and it would be a battle of boosting the opponent or damaging your own units to avoid it (now its just shut down)
Even recently, we had a little taste of it, with wolf seasonal mode, which is why i quite enjoyed it.

However, if other factions cant have it, then NR shouldnt have it either. It's already favoured in too many ways as it is, doesnt need an additional thing where its better than the rest.

I might have given the impression that i dont like those mechanics for my suggestion, but that is not the case. I really enjoyed those "cat and mouse" games of trying to line up a scorch in beta, or the Villentretenmerth that

You have a point. I've never played Gwent beta, but I remember that kind of play from Gwent in The Witcher 3, and it was quite fun. I doubt it would be possible in today's gwent through, it's just an entirely different game now.

Top Bottom