Neophyte - Should be able to transform *any* allied unit

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I can't understand why Neophyte's ability is locked only to Elf allies? It plays for 4 for 4 with a guaranteed (I mean, if one of the neophyte is not killed at least) 5 in next turn. Which is still super outdated and super powercrept. We have 4P engines which comes to board with 5 points in first turn. We are in an era in which no amount of point from even 4p 5p card can be called "too much points". Dammit, the stupid Elder Bear plays for 6 for 4 no conditions whatsoever.

In this era, this card being limited only to elfs don't make any sense to me. If it can transform any allies, it will actually help two archetypes: Elfs and Harmony. If it can transform any allies, it will help Vernosseil's Commando to not be bricked and played for 3 points from 14P scenario if opponent plays a spy. It will greatly synergize with elfs as well as it can be a "potential" candidate for Harmony too. We have 6 for 4P NR card which can transform any allies. It plays for 6 with an additional ability to transform. So, "transform for 4P" playing for 6 is still not out of the world.

It is not even asking for more or unfair. It is simple fair change which can help the ST faction. It is not going to make this card auto-include or anything. It wont make the card played for a HUGE value unlike other factions or even Neutrals. When the core of the design can help the faction, why to put a condition to make it sub-par and barely playable? Is it because it can be played from Strategem? IMO, ST strategem is the weakest and should be the least used strategem in the game and this change can bring it at least closer to other faction/neutral strategems.

Come on CDPR. Make these kinds of small small changes to ST which are fair and will synergize with archetypes and help them.

No idea how this wasn't done to begin with. Too strong for stratagem I guess was the thought process. Same how the sentinel is deliberately kept terrible, because if it's buffed even a little bit, PS will be "too strong" too. Not holding the breath for either of these fixes, tbh.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I don't understand why they gave Neophytes this ability to begin with, doesn't fit thematically and the last thing ST needs right now is more Deadeye generation.

But is race-change surgery invented in the Witcher universe and does the Neophyte have a certificate saying he can conduct it?
Also how the hell is the Dol Blathana Sentinel "kept terrible"? @Barracuda88 It's a great card.

Last edited:
But is race-change surgery invented in the Witcher universe and does the Neophyte have a certificate saying he can conduct it?
Also how the hell is the Dol Blathana Sentinel "kept terrible"? @Barracuda88 It's a great card.
It must be, since it doesn't actually exist, therefore fitting for ST, lol.

The card is Brokilon Sentinel, and it's not great. You might be thinking of Dol Blathana Sentry.

The elf that does random dmg needs to do 2 targeted damage to 2 units. If she gets played more so will this card...I think.
Edit: Dol blathana bomber is probably the name of it.

Last edited:
when they changed it I wondered why they didnt just make them transform themselves. it makes way more sense thematically as well.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Top Bottom