Nerf Double Horn

+
Treamayne;n7094780 said:
Concur. The argument "it has counters" has never been a good answer to a possible problem (in many CCGs). A good player will bait the Dimeritium and Igni before going for double, triple horn. RNG means, even if you are packing all possible answers, you are unlikely to draw them all. Good players will make sure STR is staggered so Scorch and Igni can't get rid of all high-powered units in one go. Horn is fine when it is one per row.

Triple horn on a single row should be reviewed, and should probably work as per OG (Original Gwent); one per row, stays around and can affect units as they enter after the horn has been played. I think this would open more strategic possibilities than losing triple horn on a single row would close.

I still disagree. There are games in which doubling horns is the only way to catch up to the buff AR promote tactics of NR which is a bigger issue than horn.

StrykerxS77x;n7097280 said:
I still disagree. There are games in which doubling horns is the only way to catch up to the buff AR promote tactics of NR which is a bigger issue than horn.

I don't disagree that promote tactics are the bigger issue, but there are other ways to solve that problem. Especially since double/triple Commanders horn is often a part of that strategy as well (Dandelion siege row, Kill Dandelion, resurrect and repeat as often as possible then promote).

One of the many reasons I run a weather deck. If your opponent manages to double horn (or even triple horn, as I saw a few days ago), playing one weather card is all you need to do to put an end to it.

Treamayne;n7097360 said:
I don't disagree that promote tactics are the bigger issue, but there are other ways to solve that problem. Especially since double/triple Commanders horn is often a part of that strategy as well (Dandelion siege row, Kill Dandelion, resurrect and repeat as often as possible then promote).

I would argue that it's currently harder to counter promotion than literally any other tactic from NR. The ONLY instance in which promotion is easy to counter is if they do the obvious "power up, Adrenaline Rush, duplicate" tactic. Anything else requires perfect timing, meaning if your assumption was even slightly off you just lost the round (or in many cases, the whole match).

I know the devs are currently working on promote counters, but until we get those promotion is just about the only major complaint I can make against NR. Decks that use promotion to an extreme degree are just about the only ones I currently forfeit against. It's a guaranteed loss a lot of the time, so I don't see the point in dragging out the matches.

Treamayne;n7097360 said:

I see that as more of a resurrect issue than a horn issue.

Fillory;n7097840 said:
One of the many reasons I run a weather deck. If your opponent manages to double horn (or even triple horn, as I saw a few days ago), playing one weather card is all you need to do to put an end to it.

Exactly which is partly why I don't think it's a problem. BTW my scoia deck can potentially do four horns but it's never actually necessary.

If you pay attention, don't get bluffed, and have a balanced deck, double or triple horn should be a nuisance indeed, but not a game-breaking issue.

I DON'T think it is an issue.

Double- and triple-horns are hard and consuming to execute and this playout has MANY counters. I have not played a match yet where an opponent would annihilate me with triple-horn.

It is definitely an inconvenience but NOT game-changing at all

Top Bottom