Nerf OP Cards

+
Nerf Op Cards.

Nerf Op Cards and Buff cards no one uses.

Kolgrim is an example of an op card. Unless killed it's an automatic win.
It is also less than 9 provision.. which means you can just revive from grave.
A good example of balance is, give it doomed. Or make it only on deploy not EVERY round.

But that is just ONe example of an op card.

Dear Devs. YOu don't have to make EVERY new expansion card OP.
Please make an effort to balance cards not only on the new ones but the old.
If every META deck is based on a few expansion cards... you guys didn't do a good job balancing.

I quit. I'll be back in 6 months to see if they made any effort to make this game creative and balanced.

This is pretty easy to kill.
Entire deck is built around winning round 3 with Kolgrim , sometimes with Leto clone.

Just have to squeeze Kolgrim by round 2 to win, unless running heavy removal decks like ST or SK and playing last card (Morkvarg, Yrden, Korathi, Scorch, and so on..)

nehu

Forum regular
This is pretty easy to kill.
Entire deck is built around winning round 3 with Kolgrim , sometimes with Leto clone.

Just have to squeeze Kolgrim by round 2 to win, unless running heavy removal decks like ST or SK and playing last card (Morkvarg, Yrden, Korathi, Scorch, and so on..)

easy to kill when u have deck filled with trash cards by cynthia, viper witcher, infiltrator, coated weapons? its not just about kolgrim, but about how to get proper cards

Do not consider Kolgrim to be as strong.

Actually I even think that he´s a risky card.

Why?
- If you face a heavy tutoring and summoning opponent deck it´s more difficult to get a huge deck difference
- Heavily vulnerable by Yrden or other resetting cards if no defender there. Same holds for cards with destroy ability or Igni.
- Also An Craite Longship is awesome against him

The latest season reports showed that Kolgrim is not dominating. If there is stuff which is currently at NG I would name two:

1) Stupid viper witcher mentor buff of Adrenaline (The card was fine as it was before the latest update)

2) Lockdown decks appear to kind of strong currently. Actually I am doing best with my lockdown at current Meta.
- Especially Nauzicaa Sergeant + Braathens + Duchess's Informant appears to be very strong. As you easily have three deploys in one turn. So I would suggest to give Nauzicaa Sergeant 5 provisions again or reduce its body
- All those block boosts are too my mind also questionable.

ya1

Forum regular
The latest season reports showed that Kolgrim is not dominating.

Which reports? Kolgrim dominates like crazy. It's more popular than Ball.

If you're talking about CDPR leader winrates, these are 1) outdated 2) misleading when there is more than one archetype played on one leader, 3) there was Viy, Lippy and other broken braindeath last patch. If you're talking about meta snapshots from esport teams, the dominant one (TLG) got Kolgrim at T2 with 4 stars, tied with Ball. And this was before the buff to the Mentors.

It's not SK Warriors on Second Wind level of broken but it's pretty broken... If you miss Oneiro and some key golds in R1 then Kolgrim has a hell of an advantage. Anyway, very few people will disagree that this archetype is toxic af

Last edited:
easy to kill when u have deck filled with trash cards by cynthia, viper witcher, infiltrator, coated weapons? its not just about kolgrim, but about how to get proper cards
Tutors ? Keep your important removals ?
As I`ve MENTIONED ABOVE - beatable by removal.

So keep your Curse of Corruption, Yrden or Scorch and have a last say in last round.

Kolgrim decks are easily recognized by excessive thinning in the first round.

Also - NR boost can outscore Kolgrim, or easily squeeze use of one in round 2, due to heavy boosts NR relies on.

Always you can put an Yrden in your NR witcher deck - it destroys Kolgrim totally.

Guest 4416545

Mmmm i played kolgrim/Nova last season and i can say its if not op its really really strong.

By example, i Wont forget a Game where my oponnent took an early pass on round 1, i thought he wanted to search answer for defender and kolgrim, so i thin all i could, nova, and put him all trash i could on top of his deck. Next round (the 2nd) i just defender into kolgrim into a Viper mentor and i won even tho my opponent ussed vernasio + scenario + gerzas and got like ¿6? Cards more than me, he couldnt get a pass in all the turns with my kolgrim gettin around 9 points per turn.

And just in case someone wonder, this Game was on pro rank around 2500 mmr.

So yes, something is wrong with this card if such a Dumb thing like winning 6 cards down can happen.

And just to end, even if u have the answer i can just bleed you with the Nova carryover and make sure u dont have the answers for third round or maybe recognize you dont have It already and just 2-0.

Oh oh, and i have to say too, that abobe this Dumb things that can happen with kolgrim, them rest feel pretty balance, i cant think of anything op at the moment, maybe strong but not something Broken where u just instantly lose.

I hear your pain, but sorry, they won't make game any better, they won't fix broken stuff, they won't buff dead cards.
Iean they haven't by now, why would they in the future?
You truly sat down and wrote this comment 2 weeks after a patch that:

- Fixed broken stuff
- Buffed dead cards
- Improved the meta, making the game better

How. Why. Please.
Post automatically merged:

By example, i Wont forget a Game where my oponnent took an early pass on round 1, i thought he wanted to search answer for defender and kolgrim, so i thin all i could, nova, and put him all trash i could on top of his deck. Next round (the 2nd) i just defender into kolgrim into a Viper mentor and i won even tho my opponent ussed vernasio + scenario + gerzas and got like ¿6? Cards more than me, he couldnt get a pass in all the turns with my kolgrim gettin around 9 points per turn.
Ouch, this happened to me as well - unfortunately I was on the "receiving" end. I had no direct resposne to Kolgrim in R2, and it just kept buffing himself by 6-7 each turn - yes, that was a most sad forfeit :D

Mmmm i played kolgrim/Nova last season and i can say its if not op its really really strong.

And just in case someone wonder, this Game was on pro rank around 2500 mmr.

So yes, something is wrong with this card if such a Dumb thing like winning 6 cards down can happen.

And just to end, even if u have the answer i can just bleed you with the Nova carryover and make sure u dont have the answers for third round or maybe recognize you dont have It already and just 2-0.

Oh oh, and i have to say too, that abobe this Dumb things that can happen with kolgrim, them rest feel pretty balance, i cant think of anything op at the moment, maybe strong but not something Broken where u just instantly lose.
In fact If you use The triple kolgrim version, that its pretty simple to do.

I win a lot of games and i mean a lot of games doing that. First card thinning, use all The cards and put a lot of thrash in The opponent deck.

Next round, even with a lot of card disvantage you can easily win.

But its not because i used that, that i agree with this archtype, it should change, its toxic, its stupid, for me its The stupidest thing they made in this game, even skellige warriors arent equal of that

- Fixed broken stuff
- Buffed dead cards

How. Why. Please.
Post automatically merged:

Ouch, this happened to me as well - unfortunately I was on the "receiving" end. I had no direct resposne to Kolgrim in R2, and it just kept buffing himself by 6-7 each turn - yes, that was a most sad forfeit :D

I laughed hard :beer:

Guest 4375874

Nerf Op Cards.

Nerf Op Cards and Buff cards no one uses.

Kolgrim is an example of an op card. Unless killed it's an automatic win.
It is also less than 9 provision.. which means you can just revive from grave.
A good example of balance is, give it doomed. Or make it only on deploy not EVERY round.

But that is just ONe example of an op card.

Dear Devs. YOu don't have to make EVERY new expansion card OP.
Please make an effort to balance cards not only on the new ones but the old.
If every META deck is based on a few expansion cards... you guys didn't do a good job balancing.

I quit. I'll be back in 6 months to see if they made any effort to make this game creative and balanced.
Unfortunately it seems the devs have decided to rely on frustrated players to drive interest in the game. It's ahd to argue it's coincidence at this point, it has to be intentional. Take a break and play something else, It'll do you wonders.

- Fixed broken stuff
- Buffed dead cards

How. Why. Please.

Did they fix broken stuff?
Did they buff dead cards?
How much "improvement" is enough? If they improved it by 0.01%, then yes, they improved it.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they fix broken stuff?
Did they buff dead cards?
How much "improvement" is enough? If they improved it by 0.01%, then yes, they improved it.

[...]
Yes, they did.
Yes, they did.
A lot more needed still. This was a step in the right direction, but a step nonetheless.

I wasn't talking about the endresult, obviously.

The intent to change old cards into something useful was positive, just as the tuning or previously strong archetypes.
Sure, it didn't turn out well, but at some point, it will get nearly impossible to balance with the amount of cards and possible interactions that is getting accumulated in the game.

As such, the introduction of seasons/cycles where only a select amount of cards are available on ranked for the players (this election getting refreshed and switched up every year for example) might be a good idea. Having only a controlled amount of cards that needs to be balanced is definitely more doable.

I wasn't talking about the endresult, obviously.

The intent to change old cards into something useful was positive, just as the tuning or previously strong archetypes.
Sure, it didn't turn out well, but at some point, it will get nearly impossible to balance with the amount of cards and possible interactions that is getting accumulated in the game.

As such, the introduction of seasons/cycles where only a select amount of cards are available on ranked for the players (this election getting refreshed and switched up every year for example) might be a good idea. Having only a controlled amount of cards that needs to be balanced is definitely more doable.

Then you can't say it was a step in the right direction without considering the result which was a disaster.
I could literally come up with a list of healthy changes in minutes as could many of the more experienced players without needing months to literally increase/decrease the provision cost of cards by 1 point.
Every card game has a large amount of cards yet hotfixes and balance changes happen at least weekly in the majority of them. Why not in Gwent?
If this is impossible here then Gwent is not going to last much longer because devs can't fix their game for good.

Then you can't say it was a step in the right direction without considering the result which was a disaster.
I could literally come up with a list of healthy changes in minutes as could many of the more experienced players without needing months to literally increase/decrease the provision cost of cards by 1 point.
Every card game has a large amount of cards yet hotfixes and balance changes happen at least weekly in the majority of them. Why not in Gwent?
If this is impossible here then Gwent is not going to last much longer because devs can't fix their game for good.
Let us take another example outside of Gwent - probably one of the biggest players on the market, Hearthstone.
In the first 4 years of that game you could consider yourself lucky if you saw 5-10 card changes per year, usually months after they ravaged metas. They started to improve this frequency about a year ago, with more finetunings instead of flat-out killing cards and making them obsolete. Still nothing like what you say. At least weekly? You mean, card changes every few days? I'm sensing some huge hyperbole here. :beer:

My point was - and still is - the larger your cardpool, the more difficult it gets to "not mess up". Even a simply change of one card can result in a change reaction that will negatively effect the meta in a week, once players find out the right (toxic!!4!) interactions and synergies.
Sure, one option is to seriously improve the balancing by having at least a small dedicated team of devs focusing this area. This is usually avoided by most firms as they really would like to avoid assigning headcounts for "non-profit" parts of a game like this. And don't get me wrong, I hate this approach too.
The other would be to restrict the cardpool every season (I mean year) to a specific selection (as it is done in HS since years). That way you have a significantly easier job of rooting out unhealthy issues while not creating 4 new problems at the same time.

Let us take another example outside of Gwent - probably one of the biggest players on the market, Hearthstone.
In the first 4 years of that game you could consider yourself lucky if you saw 5-10 card changes per year, usually months after they ravaged metas. They started to improve this frequency about a year ago, with more finetunings instead of flat-out killing cards and making them obsolete. Still nothing like what you say. At least weekly? You mean, card changes every few days? I'm sensing some huge hyperbole here. :beer:

My point was - and still is - the larger your cardpool, the more difficult it gets to "not mess up". Even a simply change of one card can result in a change reaction that will negatively effect the meta in a week, once players find out the right (toxic!!4!) interactions and synergies.
Sure, one option is to seriously improve the balancing by having at least a small dedicated team of devs focusing this area. This is usually avoided by most firms as they really would like to avoid assigning headcounts for "non-profit" parts of a game like this. And don't get me wrong, I hate this approach too.
The other would be to restrict the cardpool every season (I mean year) to a specific selection (as it is done in HS since years). That way you have a significantly easier job of rooting out unhealthy issues while not creating 4 new problems at the same time.

Hearthstone is a turd of a game and I don't know why you quote it in every single fucking comparison post, it's like it's the only other card game out there. My point still stands, the balancing team here is not up to the task, there should be more playtesting and they should learn the game because so many balance changes are so out of the blue that it's unbelievable how one could even conceive them.

Top Bottom