Nerf pointspam Witchers!

+
Theres a bunch of counterplay vs the witchers that just havent been widespread used. Its not as strong as you think.

For example ? I m trying to figure out when they are coming, sometimes I can deal with them, but it s with 20%/80%.

If the opponent is so dumb and he played them at the begin, well, easy to kill them with Epidemic. But anytime in the match, they are winning trio. Because I cannot play epidemic (blocked by one of mine / oponnents cards at the table).
I m trying to kill them one by one, but if they are in Scoia deck, well, you are outnambered via traps or anything, you just cant kill them, because your units are dead before they can attack ( i m playing northern realm).

For me, they are like "Red Button" for winning round. I m not trying to kill them that round, I m passing - and in the last round, it is always lethal to pull them off = auto-defeat.

Honestly, I think the card should be nerfed, if nothing else because, as it is, it's an auto include in every deck no question asked, which is very unhealthy for the game from a deck building perspective.

And I have the feeling that CDPR made the exact same mistake as old Gwent, giving multiple bodies + massive tempo play at the same time.
Each Witcher should be 3 power which with Vesimir would make them 4 or even 5 (if you play Emyr) still very strong if you ask me.

And yes, I'm thinking about this cards as a Witcher deck card because that's what it should be. No card should fit in every archetype/faction no matter what.

_Kili_

Forum regular
When will people realize that the witchers are not about points but about thinning? Pointwise the witchers are already very badly statted, 12 points for 21 provisions, but even if they'd get nerfed down to 3 points each they would still see play cause they help the consistency of most decks immensely. They would stop being autoinclude if we would have more tutors

When will people realize that the witchers are not about points but about thinning? Pointwise the witchers are already very badly statted, 12 points for 21 provisions, but even if they'd get nerfed down to 3 points each they would still see play cause they help the consistency of most decks immensely. They would stop being autoinclude if we would have more tutors
I don't think so. They're good for thining I agree but they can really brick your hand too. The game not functioning as before is a big deal with a card like that. In old Gwent you could keep one in hand until R3 because worst case scenario you drew one card and can mulligan it safely. Now it's not the same deal, you draw 3 cards per round which increases your chance to draw them significantly.

I'm not saying that thining is not strong, I'm just saying that right now peoples play them because they provides thining AND give you a huge tempo play. If they only give you 9 points it's not as easy to include as before. Not at all.

Last edited:
Here we go again...

And we will go again and again until this crap is fixed.

The witchers are in every single deck. 12 points play and thinning 2 cards – no other card in the game can do that.

Right now we are playing a game where one needs to build a deck using 22 cards and 144 provisions. A game with 25 cards and 165 provisions would have more variety.

Honestly, raising their provision cost to 8 each will probably make them a lot more balanced, also, perhaps they should not come with the starter decks.

Cheers, hope someone at CDPR is reading these.

Honestly, raising their provision cost to 8 each will probably make them a lot more balanced, also, perhaps they should not come with the starter decks.

Cheers, hope someone at CDPR is reading these.
Honestly, I don't think it would be enough. Currently they do so many things, no provision cost can outweight that (this is litterally the best card in the game, or the best set I should say). It's either they give them the proper cost and nobody will play them anymore because it will mean you have to fill the rest of your deck with bronzes or they rework the card a little bit (as I mentioned, I think making them a 3 str unit each would do the trick).

Just comparing them with Impera Brigade shows how strong they are. The trio has +100% damage compared to Impera Brigade, but only +75% provision cost. Also, being 3 cards instead of 2 is an adventage in nearly all situations, while the only adventage Impera has is the soldier tag.

Depending on what the goal of the Witcher trio is supposed to be, I'd suggest the following:
-if they should mainly thin and provide bodies, they should be 3,3,4 power with 6,6,8 provision cost.
-if they are supposed to be a huge point play, they should be 4,4,4 power and 8,8,8 provision cost.
-or if they need something special that makes them unique from other cards, let them "play" each other instead of "summon" and make them 3,3,3 with 6,6,6 provisions

I just played 10 games in a row and certainly 9 of them were filled with Witchers. It is really annoying and boring as well to see the same cards and sets over and over again, even independently of which fraction you are playing against. :cautious:

Edit:
Just played as NG and used Traheaern to see the upper 3 cards on enemy deck and tada :LOL:
Trio.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom