Nerf VIY AND KOLGRIM Edit: NOT ENOUGH TOWER REMOVAL.

+
Why?
Cause they are too strong.
They decided to add like 10 tower cards... but add like.. 0 tower removal cards..
Solution: Add a bunch. I mean BUNCH, not just "1" reset/tower removal cards.

Devs.

Please test run cards before releasing new patch and balancing.

I have noticed that there is some serious lack of quality control on the balancing in this game... especially when a new expansion comes out.

It should not take 2 months to make some quick balances.
Suggestion: So either make less frequent quality balances... or make frequent small balances.

Problem: At the moment you are doing less frequent minimal balances.

THIS GAME NEEDS BIG BALANCE PATCHES NOT MINIMAL. OR PEOPLE WILL CONTIUE TO LEAVE. Which means you will make less money. But I want this game to succeed. Not die..

I have played sc2, cs:go, LoL, HOTS, Diablo series, COD for 20 years at high 95% percentile level at each of those games.
And let me tell you... there is definitely a balance problem in this game.
The problem with this game isn't "Nerf a card, or Not nerf a card."
It's the lack of quality balance patches. An emphasis on quality.

Please
1. play the game more (A serious cordial advice. This is a serious issue with many games)
2. analyze cards that are overly strong,
3. Buff cards that are plainly too weak and thus no one will use.
4. Listen to your community.

This will lead to .. just a better game :)

Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day.

Btw this sums up Gwent right now. Made by someone else, posted 5 days ago on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/lodiyp

Last edited:
I agree with almost everything in your post, but i dont think viy should have another nerf.

I think its fone The way it is, i almost didnt see any viy deck since The first nerf

i almost didnt see any viy deck since The first nerf
Which isn't exactly surprising considering the huge amount of Lockdown Decks (especially the variant that includes almost every Lock Card available makes Viy almost unplayable) that have been around since the beginning of this Season, so I guess we can't really say how good Viy still is if the Meta allows it.

Last edited:
Well, I would have appreciated a Adrenaline/Devotion nerf on Viy, but they just went for less body more provision.
Regarding Kolgrim: I do not consider him to be problematic but I consider the latest Viper witcher mentor buff to be problematic.

Honestly they should have reworked Viy and Lockdown.
Those things are by design unhealthy and simple nerfs either kill them or leave the issue, without positive benefit to the game in either case.

Well, I would have appreciated a Adrenaline/Devotion nerf on Viy, but they just went for less body more provision.
Regarding Kolgrim: I do not consider him to be problematic but I consider the latest Viper witcher mentor buff to be problematic.
It is worth to note that the recent buff to Viper Mentors was a mistake already admitted by CDPR - they wanted to revert it before the patch came live, however, as I've gathered it, the recent breach and the following events made that impossible at that point. So as soon as a balance patch hits, we can expect that revoked (though I'd go further and change them to Adrenaline 1, as mentioned countless times already).

I am sorry guys.
I have gotten sick of getting owned and just made a simple no brainer Symbiosis deck..
I AM SORRY! I JOINED THEM. I JOINED THE EXPANSION META GROUP.
Now I am just winning like 75% of the rank 4~ games with... very little thinking lol...
I am sorry. I am just going to abuse the lack of tower removal in the game atm... FORGIVE MEEEeee

Top Bottom