Nerf Yrden

+
There are so many other removal options and it is so annoying when I am playing a st boost deck and my oponent plays Yrden in the last turn and I get -30+. I think it should be changed to set the highest unit(s) to the basepower.

Totally agreed, it's annoying, really, every single game I lost today was just because of this card, I'd be winning by 30 points, with the enemy having yrden card only, just to play it and I lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why i don't want Yrden to be nerfed.

I agree that he can shut down an overextended Buff deck but the alternative is worse.

They already nerfed Scorch and put Igni out of commission. If they nerf Yrden Buff becks will have little to no counters. So the next step (patch) will most likely destroy the buff archetype.

I'd either rework the card or maybe increase the priovisions with +1 to 12 and decrease the body to 3. At the moment it's way too strong. It counters Tall monsters, consume monsters, thrive monsters (pretty much almost all monsters decks), beastmaster SK, filavandrel buff/dwarves, any greatsword SK deck, magne division, eskel-pathfinder and many more.
And it's even hard to brick because you can always heal up your units as a backup plan, and gives a 4 point body.
Way too much versatility for 11 provisions. Best Geralt card without any close competition.

P.S.: I've even seen Tall monster decks to use it. Now that control is a bit more expensive (scorch, gigni changes, etc), the best alternative to fight Tall monsters is if you go taller. But then they Yrden you as last move and that's it. Or you both Yrden each other which is hilarious and the luckier man wins.

Last edited:
Asking advice how anyone is supposed to counter Yrden? It seems like a ridiculously stupid and overpowered card that combats more or less any monster deck, so interested to find out how anyone else combats it? Or is it a stupid, OP card and needs to be nerfed?

(Personal opinion - immunity should block it, but if you play Yrden it could then REMOVE immunity, but not the boosts. Otherwise it's an autowin. Might as well bring Sihil back).

Play control decks that don't rely on boosts.

Ah, I see, heaven forbid anyone trying not to just endlessly remove opponents units.

My point was, why bother having any attempt at faction identity when you have completely broken autowin's like Yrden available. It should maybe halve the boosts, or boosts from one unit, but not remove every sodding one! I mean, you're paying 12 provs or something and against more or less any MO deck it's worth considerably more. Of course, it tanks against control but Gwent is just too full of cards that specifically autowin. Cahir, for example, is the same problem. If you dare to play a deck that doesn't try to blitz every card, you struggle. Bad design.

Yrden is fine. It counters boost-reliant decks, but that doesn't mean it's OP. It was never a problem before, even though it's always had the same effect (except it used to remove tokens, too).

Yes, I play the card myself, but it's never given me insane value. It's often been better used on my own side, even. Depends on match-ups, naturally. For 11 provisions it can easily be bad value.

So there are cards which are extremely useful against specific decks (e.g. G:Yrden/Cahir against boost decks) but they are completely useless against a lot of other decks.

What exactly is the issue here?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yrden is perfectly fine. I remind you that not so long ago, its ability and provisions was exactly the same and NO ONE was using it, if its popular now its because boost-heavy decks have been dominant lately.

But for those struggling against Yrden here's some advice:

1. There are plenty of decks that dont rely on boosting OR removal, with at least one type in each faction. Since Monsters is being accused of being always vulnerable to Yrden, ill suggest: try a simple deathwish deck - harpy eggs and rothfiends provide great value with no boosts whatsoever - you can use those trolls to destroy the deathwish units and do damage if you really wanna avoid consume/boost. Arachas decks can also work, with some little tweaks to avoid boosts.

2. In case you DO want to use a boost-heavy deck, try to split the boosts on units on both rows. If the units are row-locked, try using those cards on different rounds, so Yrden cant be used for maximum potential. And if you have the option to choose where the boost goes, choose damaged units, so the loss is lesser in case its reset to default value.
Good luck.

Top Bottom