Netdecking Discussion [Why is everyone doing it?]

+
The problem is the limited card pool. Right now gwent is only half of what CDPR intends to release after beta. Imagine if every faction had 100 cards to draw from as opposed to only 50. Imagine if they created different modes other than the standard 25 min with 6 silvers and 4 golds. Imagine a min 35 with 2 more silvers. Or a 25 min mode without golds but 11 silvers. The game can only go up from here. Still people want more and are bitching at the current state. Its a game for sure, but not nearly close to its true potential. Just be patient

alexmanelistu;n8108430 said:
I played this game with northern realms because are my fav. Why everyone is net decking? i thought this game is fun to play. i made a deck myself and i barrely can pass frm mosnters with the same decks, i think it becomes boring after few games. You are not bored to play only one deck and no fun? i am rank 3 but is hard to rank up because everyone has the perfect deck, and no fun at all.

This has become a 'trend' in most card games, since the tops decks are already fine tuned and thoroughly tested, plus the authors provide detailed descriptions on how to pilot the deck -- easy solution. Once we have a bigger card pool it will be easier to find more variety in the game, but netdecking will always be a thing.

Netdecking really ruined the game for me. If someone doesnt have the time or creativity to create their own deck then they probably shouldnt be playing a TCG. No one wants to play a game where everyone cheeses. I still think they should try to develop some kind of faction commital perk. I see a lot of players who stick with their favorite factions anyways. It wouldnt eliminate netdecking all together, but ppl wouldnt be able to jump to the most favored to win faction each patch.

Burza46;n9244381 said:
This has become a 'trend' in most card games, since the tops decks are already fine tuned and thoroughly tested, plus the authors provide detailed descriptions on how to pilot the deck -- easy solution. Once we have a bigger card pool it will be easier to find more variety in the game, but netdecking will always be a thing.

Its a trend in most competetive games in general and even in non-competetive games such as Diablo.

You cant do anything against it, just normal behaviour. If something works, people will use it. As easy as that. Or dont you use your phone, car, bike and so on because someone else invented it ? You think about a new tool to communicate with friends everyday just because you dont want to use phones ?

A community effort to end net decking

Netdecking has a my opinion ruined this game. Nearly every game I play is against a deck that I know card for card. They play the exact same cards almost in exactly the same order every single game with almost no variation.

I've even played three different people with the same exact deck not a single different card three games in a row what do you think would be statistically impossible.

more than anything netdecking is destroying this game. It removes all creativity and skill into an empty-headed open up your browser copy paste and play.

it is not fun literally playing against the same decks over and over and over again.

we have to somehow stop netdecking.

I'm having a hard time imagining any measure by the community or CDPR that could possibly succeed in stopping people from copying succesful strategies.
Interested to see what people come up with though.

(For the record, I do not agree that netdecking has ruined this or any other game, or that we have to stop it. It's regrettable that it ruins the game for some people, but any alterntive would ruin it for others.)

Curious in those three games in a row, were they playing a deck that thins to 0? Because it's really hard to figure out otherwise they have the "exact deck not a single different card"

Mystikast;n10674901 said:
we have to somehow stop netdecking.

Burza46;n9244381 said:

4RM3D;n10674991 said:

So basically 'we know it sucks playing against the same decks, card for card, over and over again -- but sadly there's no choice until we get more cards in the game'?

Cool deal.

Mathspy;n10674961 said:
Curious in those three games in a row, were they playing a deck that thins to 0? Because it's really hard to figure out otherwise they have the "exact deck not a single different card"

No, they were monster death-wish. Played the same exact cards, in the same exact order, no variation. 3 different players.

Mystikast;n10675051 said:
No, they were monster death-wish. Played the same exact cards, in the same exact order, no variation. 3 different players.

So you were able to tell their exact moves, that's amazing, all you needed then is to start countering them! How did it go?

Mystikast;n10675031 said:
So basically 'we know it sucks playing against the same decks, card for card, over and over again -- but sadly there's no choice until we get more cards in the game'?
"We" know no such thing. You as well as others have a problem with it. Others do not.
People copy existing strategies in Gwent and everywhere else. There's precious little CDPR can do about it - assuming they even want to.
At least it seems that way to me. I'm curious to hear any ideas though.

Mathspy;n10675091 said:
So you were able to tell their exact moves, that's amazing, all you needed then is to start countering them! How did it go?

Well, but incredibly boring; it was not fun at all.

Mystikast;n10675141 said:
Well, but incredibly boring; it was not fun at all.

Arguably true, but why not find the joy from your unique deck? I mean having a unique deck means most things you play ought to be a surprise, instead of predicted, and you can find the joy in outplaying and surprising your opponents with your unique strategy.

​​​​​​​You're in a race, don't focus on other cars, focus on the road in front of you, and you ought to enjoy racing itself not just beating others in it

Netdecking is not an issue. At high levels, decks change from day to day because the best players always adapt to the meta and swap a few cards in order to tech against what's popular.
At low levels, it doesn't matter. You can play meme decks up until rank 18 and still win with no problems.
So what if they all play the same deck? If you want variety then change your own deck and make it fun. I've played full spell ST with only Ciri and spy as a unit in it, board spam into Old hag and other such meme decks and still won while having fun with them.
Of course, once you reach rank 19 you will find people who are somewhat good and you need to play optimal decks to climb but up until that point any deck will work.
This is such a stupid complain to have really. You're basically saying that you're upset because people play the best decks in the meta. Isn't the whole point of a competitive game to be challenging?
But if you want to avoid netdecking I have the perfect answer for you, get to rank 21 or play on the pro ladder. There are close to 0 netdeckers there. Meta changes and shifts daily and what was good yesterday won't be good today. They don't have time to wait for Hot decks on gwentdb because by the time they reach hot they are already outdated.
Obviously, the difference will not always be huge between the decks played because what works work but it will never be the same.

VladAtheris;n10675231 said:
This is such a stupid complain to have really. You're basically saying that you're upset because people play the best decks in the meta. Isn't the whole point of a competitive game to be challenging?

I think the complaint is that if everybody plays the SAME deck, it's making every match feeling repetitive and boring. I guess the problem is that people are focusing too much on this "competitive" aspect and netdecking is giving players like you the illusion they're better than others.

VladAtheris;n10675231 said:
Meta changes and shifts daily

No, it doesn't, at any level.

Last edited:
First of all, I don't netdeck because you can't win consistently if your hand is basically turned over and your opponent knows your cards. Also, I like to stay ahead of the meta so I experiment with a lot of decks. If you check my fMMR you will see it drops or rises about 50+ points each day depending on how successful the deck I'm trying out is.
Secondly, there are two decks in each game, if you meet the same kind of opponent then change your own deck. Why are you playing the same deck? Play something else. It won't be repetitive then. After all, the experience is far more likely to be different if you're playing different decks than if your opponents are playing different decks. If you play something like ST elves then what your opponent is playing is pretty much irrelevant because your interaction with his board is minimal. You're just spewing points on the board.
And meta definitely does change from day to day. For instance a few days ago alchemy variants were massively played on the pro ladder. I haven't seen any in the last two days. And I'm not even exaggerating there. Literally 0. I pulled up my stats from the last two days.

Because every game goes this way, they might aswell rename this game "Lets play decks Swim made" or whatever guy is in season. I've found its like layers of netdecks at each level. If you are sucessfull with a deck it will take you to another layer designed to beat that deck and so on.

Top Bottom