Netflix quest soundtrack looping in all game areas

+
After completing In the Eternal Fire's Shadow, the ominous background music from the quest will play continuously afterwards.

1. Finish the quest and leave Devil's Pit. Save the game in some other area and exit.
  2. Load your save - the only music that will be playing is the soundtrack from the quest
Reddit video showcasing the issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Witcher3/comments/zlyni0
Current workaround is to enter the Novigrad sewers which seems to reset the background music for the game.

Reproduced on Steam but has been seen on other platforms.

Today, I noticed the sound issues too, once I came to Novigrad. Didn't try it after the latest update though.

If it still occurs after the update it might be worth sending a report to CDPR support:

Thanks, I'll do that!

Still happening in 4.0.1, but now with the Devil's Pit or Velen nighttime music. Still need to run into the Novigrad sewers to reset the music back to normal

It ran fine for me after yesterdays patch, until I traveled to Skellige. Fields of Ard Skellig is broken, plays without the vocals. Like before yesterdays patch, I had to remove all saves from my save folder that were created during the new quest to get rid of it.

However, while FoAS now runs fine again, saving and reloading on Skellige stops all music until traveling to another map. Even while reloading after restarting the game. Tested with older saves as well that were put as only save in my save folder, seems to be a new bug.

Still reproducible in 4.02:
  1. Finish the quest 'In the Eternal Fire's Shadow'
  2. Fast travel to Kaer Morhen to grab the crafting diagrams for 'Scavenger Hunt: Forgotten Wolf School Gear Diagrams'
  3. Save and reload your game - the Velen nighttime music will be playing indefinitely until you do the Novigrad sewers workaround.

Top Bottom