Netrunner Build: Good, Bad, Terrible?

+
After finishing the game on Very Hard with a Cyber Samurai (that did (Don’t Fear) the Reaper and taunted MaxTac) I’m looking at doing an opposite build that can nonetheless complete the game on Very Hard (including (Don’t Fear) the Reaper). My initial thoughts have been 8 or 12 Body, Intelligence 20, Technical Ability 20, and Cool 16 or 20. I figure the benefits of Tech are Technical Weapons and Smart Guns (plus opening secrets), though I understand the loss of Assault and Handguns. Cool is mostly for a certain level of Stealth and Critical Damage (I’m not sure how Cold Blood works when Quick Hacks automatically take down multiple enemies). And 20 Intelligence for all the obvious reasons. What I regret is all the missing Cyberware due to low Body and Reflexes, including a lot of endurance and healing options, not to mention the utility of Synaptic Accelerator.
Is this okay for Very Hard or am I just setting myself up for grief and a ton of save reloads? Alternatively I was thinking of a gun build missing out on Intelligence but I really want to avoid playing a Solo if I can.
Post automatically merged:

My first and only run so far was a Netrunner - but it was back toward release. Waiting for additional plays after the final patch and expansion.

That being said when I played Netrunner was 'easy mode', so to speak. I killed any and everything at a certain point without it even attacking me.

After finishing the game on Very Hard with a Cyber Samurai (that did (Don’t Fear) the Reaper and taunted MaxTac) I’m looking at doing an opposite build that can nonetheless complete the game on Very Hard (including (Don’t Fear) the Reaper). My initial thoughts have been 8 or 12 Body, Intelligence 20, Technical Ability 20, and Cool 16 or 20. I figure the benefits of Tech are Technical Weapons and Smart Guns (plus opening secrets), though I understand the loss of Assault and Handguns. Cool is mostly for a certain level of Stealth and Critical Damage (I’m not sure how Cold Blood works when Quick Hacks automatically take down multiple enemies). And 20 Intelligence for all the obvious reasons. What I regret is all the missing Cyberware due to low Body and Reflexes, including a lot of endurance and healing options, not to mention the utility of Synaptic Accelerator.
Is this okay for Very Hard or am I just setting myself up for grief and a ton of save reloads? Alternatively I was thinking of a gun build missing out on Intelligence but I really want to avoid playing a Solo if I can.
Post automatically merged:
It's fine in theory :)
(Already finished Don't Fear The Reaper with 4 or 5 in body and I'm not particularely an "hadcore gamer", so...)

Thank you. There’s a few things I’m concerned with on the build in addition, some of them fairly silly. However it sounds, I’ll miss the gore of chopping off heads and limbs, or managing to pop skulls with well aimed shots. It was always something missing from Contagion, etc.

my netrunner also just has 3 body - dont worry you dont need it at all. question is whats the idea behind pairing high int with high tech? - actually tech is the last a "pure" netrunner needs. you dont need weapons or gear, nor much money for equipment or mods - you'll wipe everything from the distance instantly; single foes or grps doesnt matter - instead you could go reflex for either chopchop or gunplay in between.

that beeing said int/cool is a great combo- int for obvious reasons, cool not just for stealth but also for midigation-cyberware breakpoints (14-16) - which covers low body (stats and recover-rate).

if you want a hacking build which also can switch to sandevista in terms of bordem you could run an edegrunner build like

18 Int // hacking what else
18 Ref // Monowire/Katana/Guns, Sandevista option, kerenzikov & synaptic
18 Cool // QoL & Coldblood, midigation cyberware
14 Tech // epic crafting & epic mod crafting breakpoint

if you want to drop weapons entirely you could also go for smth more tanky like

18 Body // high HP, recovery & 2nd heart cyberware, "door opener by force"
18 Cool // QoL & Coldblood, midigation cyberware
14 Tech // epic crafting & epic mod crafting breakpoint

just two examples which work really fine - if you wanna go 20 in int or cool you could drop ref/body to 16 or less., even tho its arguable if its worth to go with any attribute higher than 18. personal likings so to speak.

edit: staying with your attribute favors smth like this could also work like a charm

18 Body // high HP, recovery & 2nd heart cyberware, "door opener by force"
18 Tech // legendary crafting, tech & smartweapons* , grenades.
14 Cool // QoL & Coldblood, midgation cyberware
* 20 in Tech just to get the "ignor defense" perk is not worth it (imo) because your weapon dmg doesnt come from the weapon tree attributes/perks but from your legendary short circuit passive ability.

Last edited:
The build I've been working on is a 20 body/20 int/20 tech/ 8 reflex built to use gorilla arms as the default melee weapon - mostly so that I can completely clear the map of all quests and encounters before ending the playthrough (and I've almost done that - still in progress). For the Beat on the Brat fights, I am switching out the deck for Berserk because the damage buff is so high that I've completely wrecked each opponent I've fought that I'm honestly not sure the Sandevistan would be worth it especially since it's going to be one of the uncommon versions of it with very little mod support compared to a maxed out Berseker.

The other nice thing with the build is if you throw the Widowmaker into the mix, you've got a ton of options and you can generally be as stealthy (or as noisy) as you want and will roll over most of the enemies in the game. Since you're going to be invested in crafting (at least, until you've built out the gear), it's going to make you an unstoppable engine of destruction with a bit different play style because the build is incredibly tanky.

Edit:
If anyone wants to mess around with this build, the "final" version (inteded to use after you've gotten the gear perfect and completed the Beat on the Brat questline) is at https://nukesdragons.com/cyberpunk-...rm4ip2------------------&q=q04q64qb4qf4qg4q84

Last edited:
Top Bottom