Netrunner Secondary Skills

+
What are some of the other attributes you guys invest in?

What are some cool skills in other trees that help?
You can go into cool for bonus damage against humanoids, extra crit chance plus armor and resistances. There is a nice synergy for a netrunner int + cool.

Other option is optimizing Short Circuit legendary passive effect - every crit hit applies base Short Circuit effect (lots of damage). This is really good with fast fire rate weapons or with shotguns (currently due to lack of balance it makes even a starting level pistol one-shot anyone on crit due to ~20K extra damage that passive effect gives).

Shotguns are in body and don't need that much body to get the good perks (faster movement, faster reload). If you already have cool and it speed perks then if hacking doesn't kill all you will be moving really fast and be able to flank or just rush enemies and hit them with a big shell (double barrel double shot shotguns are the coolest).

Fast fire rate - automatic pistols mostly. Buzzsaw is one of such weapons and aside of being broken OP on it own it's even more broken with ping - as Buzzsaw iconic effect is piercing shots - ignores cover like charged Tech weapon shots - so you ping and you can shoot all revealed enemies no matter the cover. And it can be silenced. Required 5 tech to craft, can benefit from reflexes perks but it's not necessary due to it power level.

My advice - is to plan to get this by level 50:

Body 18+ (recommend 20)
Reflexes 3 (ideally; any point spent here is suboptimal)
Technical 18+ (20's best)
Int 20 (you got already)
Cool 7

Those "+" is quite to one's taste if to make "most efficient netrunner". In total, 18+3+18+20+7 = 66 points, while you get 71 stat points in total at level 50 to be distributed. Thing is, for Body it's either 18 or 20 (i much recommend 20), 19 makes no sense; same for Technical - either 18 or 20.

Why those stats in general? Simple:

- high Tech means you can craft all the high armor things (including tons of purple Armadillos), and armor yourself to the teath. Which comes handy whenever ambushed / scrimpted into close quarters fight, and is very nice in general. In the same time, 18 Tech also allows to craft legendaries, and it's one powerhouse of its own. Third thing about Tech is, it also boosts Tech weapon damage. Highest damage revolver in the game is a Tech weapon. Fourth thing is, opening lots of Tech doors is also a bonus;

- high Body for similar defensive reasons: more health means it's harder to die. Hacks already cover offensive real well, so defensive boosts become next best thing. Plus you'll get easier times in some quest brawls where you can't hack. Plus you'll open lots of doors with Body checks. And Athletics is one good skill, too. Check it out;

- cool 7 brings _two_ damage-related perks at once, and both apply to your quickhacks. And you'd want few extra points in Cool for a bit easier stealth times (which at times matter).

Obviously, IMHO only. Good luck!
you don't need crafting to get armadillo, in fact I was able to even craft epic armadillo when I got to a higher level without investing anything in crafting, that might of changed cause It was my first char and its been a month since I really played it, but even if you can't, you can find that in shops pretty fast, also there are legendary items you can find so no need to craft em.
So you are better off with 18 or 20 cool than technical ability reason is the 18 point perks are strong as hell and if merciless will ever be fixed it will be OP :p but you'd have to spend a lot of eddies on 1 fortuna and one of the immunity clothing mods you may be missing, depending on how you like to set up your subdermal implants and your immune system ones( or get the Immunity with cold blood stacks but thats not as good imo, the implants can have nice effects that would be negated if you had immunity from cold blood). Only reason you'd spend points in crafting is if you enjoy using weapons, quite a lot but then its just not optimal to be a full netrunner, cause you can just buy or find a legendary weapon instead that is still pretty good, or use one iconic in the rarity it was cause you would do enough damage thanks to the shortcircuit quick hack.
Also you get 8 points to spare not 7, I know cause I actually leveled up without cheating at all..on 3 characters already :p
and you put those in technical for extra defense or reflex for a bit more crit rate but you'll get 100% anyway when you got all your cyberware on point.
You can use a char build planner if you want and you'll see its 8, but it won't tell you how many perk points you'll get more or less depending on what stats you up and how many perk shards you find :p and its not that good yet.

Last edited:
Isn't this still broken?
eh, not as much, cool has a perk called indestructible, 20% increase per cold blood stack so 100% with 5 stacks at only 9 cool, body has some dmg reducing perks but if you invest a lot in them, reflex has some for when you have a blade equiped, with the amount of armor you can get with armadillo its not a deciding factor, you should choose tech for crafting or for the tech tree skills if you wanna use em :p the armor is a nice bonus.
Also on my char with 20 tech I haven't seen that big of an increase in armor compared to ones that had 8 or none, in fact it had less armor, even if it did increase with tech a bit.. so something is wrong there, but they all have a ridiculous amount.

Last edited:
16 in Intelligence is pretty much all that is needed for quickhacks to become busted due to the perk that enables combat hacks to crit. The only benefit I found to going higher than 16 is if you want Head Start and (maybe) Compression in Breach Protocol to make the breach minigame way easier to successfully upload a tonne of daemons. That or you are unable to loot quickhacks from access points, which would mean your only option is to craft them (which requires 20 in Intelligence).

I recommend a stat distribution that is more of an allrounder so you can do melee, guns, hacks and combine or switch between them. The reason for this is that extreme specialization is not needed at all on Very Hard, where you can easily overkill starting in the early level 20s. Sooner if you hyper min/max.

So try this:

11 Body
18 Reflexes
16 Intelligence
18 Cool
3 Technical Ability

Build template: Character Build Planner & Calculator | Cyberpunk 2077 | Nukes & Dragons

The reason for this stat distribution is that all the top level perks currently do not work, so there are very few reasons to go 20 in any single attribute and the best perks top out at level 18. In the case of hacking, Anamnesis does not work at all and frankly is not needed because hacking is ultra broken without it.

The key perks are active rather than passive. These enable emergent gameplay. So for example, 11 Body lets you take 2 athletics perks that let you shoot guns and reload while sliding/sprint/vaulting. So this creates situations where you 180 headshot while sliding and it feels as amazing as it sounds.

You can also take an athletics perk that makes dodging not consume stamina. This is huge for movement tech involving Maneuvering System (more on that in a second).

You can take Body up to 16 as there are points to spare and this will allow you to use a wide range of Body cyberware.

18 Reflexes is required for Kerenzikov (bullet time on dodge) and 14 reflexes in required for Maneuvering System cyberware. This lets you dodge in mid air. Both can be used to do trick jumps and accelerate to ludicrous speeds for the most insane engages and escapes. You can jump from skyscraper to skyscraper.

The key active perks in the reflex/handguns tree enable you to dodge while aiming and shoot while dodging, which combines really well with cyberware movement tech and the body perks for tonnes of gunplay options. Going 18 reflexes also means you can get 100% of the power of a pure blades build if you want to go cyberninja. I avoid the assault perks entirely because I find that they encourage gameplay I don't like - sitting passively behind cover.

Ok 16 Intelligence. Already covered but the key thing here is to meet the requirements for the intelligence cyberware - namely Memory Boost (12), Limbic System (15) and Visual Cortex Support (16). This boosts your crit and grants RAM on kill so you can extend your kill chain with combat hacks. You also need Critical Error so your quickhacks can crit.

Hacking is very powerful support for gunplay and melee but you lose no hacking damage, so its as strong as a pure netrunner too. The only thing you miss are breach protocol perks that provide (admittedly significant) quality of life.

18 Cool. Cold Blood is good for everything. It makes you run and attack really fast and makes you really tanky.

A balanced build like this lets you cyberdecks effectively. You farm mad cash from access points, get tonnes of powerful control options for melee and gun play like cripple movement and reboot optics for blind daemon or you can kill outright with hacks if you feel like it.

You get more dialogue options too to resolve conflicts in different ways as there are very few options that require 20 in any single attribute.

I sacrificed Technical Ability because although I really wanted to love crafting, the system has a lot of problems and it isn't really possible to get the most out of it without doing some pretty terrible gameplay like vendor resets, dupe glitching etc. Theres a lot of rng involved in crafting, clothing crafting is hyper broken because clothing shops don't sell most of their blueprints after the first time you talk to them.

Having crafted legendary items feels good I guess. You can craft a Comrade's Hammer to do 1.2 million dmg on a stealth headshot but at level 50, the scaling coefficients make you a god anyway so there is no difference between 80k dmg and 1.2 million damage. They are both one shot kills.

I do miss grenade spam and tech weapon buffs though.

Last edited:
Technical is used for opening the stealth less combat focused routes for doors and windows. If running a not direct combat focused build, would that be higher up on the list?

It can be although I find there are more doors and windows that require body than technical and CDPR kind of designed mission structure in a way so not having enough of one attribute doesn't prevent you from getting in. Attribute doors/windows are limited to a few rooms with non essential items in them and an access point (sometimes).

If running non combat definitely. You will probably want to go crafting and hacking since hacking lets you effectively skip combat. You just let contagion tear through the entire building and non lethally put everyone down. Then you go explore the empty building in peace and scrounge for crafting materials/locked doors. That said, I don't think the game gives you enough crafting components to be able to use crafting. On my second playthrough, I have gotten 8 legendary upgrade components in 105 hours. 8! Thats like 2 upgrades for 1 item.

To get enough crafting materials to seriously use crafting, you have to use busted crafting loops where you get more and higher tier component outputs than inputs. Or you have to dupe glitch legendary samurai records. Or you need to craft a bajillion ozob's noses and dismantle. Stuff like that. I found it a bit of a chore.

The combat in this game is really good. If you want to get into it, you start off pretty weak, slow and clumsy. A lot of the fluidity of combat is unlocked by cyberware and perks, which have attribute requirements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom