Netrunner: System Reset - Lethal or Not? vs Quest Contract:Accitend at work

+
Hey.

I have no lethal approach, and am using netrunner path.
In the quest "Contract: Accident at work" i needed to deal with cyberpsychosis of one of company employees who got it via breakdance session. To this point I believed that a hack "System Reset" is non lethal as it's description says it leaves the target unconcious. See attachment ("utraty przytomności" means "loose of conciousness).
True, this hack does not have usual "nonlethal" bullet point. This alone is worth looking into because if it is actually non lethal, this fact should be clearly pointed out in the desc. And if it is lethat - stuff with loosing conciousness is misleading.

Let's assume it is actually non-lethal.

During a quest "Contract: Accident at work" i have used this non lethal hack to disable rogue cyberpsychosis NPC. To my surprise the only alive NPC in the area greated me with a new quest dialogue line in which i could have reply "i have killed the target". Either i was fooled from the start and System Reset is in fact lethal, or the quest is broken and does not recognize a way tof not killing a target.

Also a question, what is the easy way of telling if a target was KILLED or KNOCKED down? Like "Corpse", "Body", "Unconcious body"?

Attachments

• obraz_2020-12-17_224259.png
    obraz_2020-12-17_224259.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 209
System Reset is NON-LETHAL, I use it a lot and it always knocks people out WITHOUT killing them.
Must be a bug.

Usually if a person is killed there should be a blood pool around them, but sometimes it bugs out and they just look knocked out but they are actually dead.

System Reset is NON-LETHAL, I use it a lot and it always knocks people out WITHOUT killing them.
Must be a bug.

Usually if a person is killed there should be a blood pool around them, but sometimes it bugs out and they just look knocked out but they are actually dead.
Thanks, but i am still confused, very often to be exact.

There are cases when I fight with enemies using Baton melee weapon (which has "non lethal" in it's desc) yet after defeating then there is a pool of blood.
This would need a better UI representation whether enemy was killed or knocked out.

Hey.

In the quest "Contract: Accident at work" i needed to deal with cyberpsychosis of one of company employees who got it via breakdance session. To this point I believed that a hack "System Reset" is non lethal as it's description says it leaves the target unconcious. See attachment ("utraty przytomności" means "loose of conciousness).
True, this hack does not have usual "nonlethal" bullet point. This alone is worth looking into because if it is actually non lethal, this fact should be clearly pointed out in the desc. And if it is lethat - stuff with loosing conciousness is misleading.

During a quest "Contract: Accident at work" i have used this non lethal hack to disable rogue cyberpsychosis NPC. To my surprise the only alive NPC in the area greated me with a new quest dialogue line in which i could have reply "i have killed the target". Either i was fooled from the start and System Reset is in fact lethal, or the quest is broken and does not recognize a way tof not killing a target.

Also a question, what is the easy way of telling if a target was KILLED or KNOCKED down? Like "Corpse", "Body", "Unconcious body"?
It's definitely non-lethal. It's also OP for a stealth hacker build. You can take out an enemy standing right beside another enemy and they won't even react. At least that's the case with about 20 minutes of experimenting with it. You can tell if an enemy is knocked out vs killed pretty easily if you're up close. If they're killed then they won't be moving and they'll usually have a blood pool form under them. If they're knocked out then their eyes will be open, they'll blink occasionally, and their bodies will move a little. That's what I've noticed though. Just check the eyes. They give it away for me.
Post automatically merged:

There are cases when I fight with enemies using Baton melee weapon (which has "non lethal" in it's desc) yet after defeating then there is a pool of blood.
This would need a better UI representation whether enemy was killed or knocked out.
I've had people who I'm supposed to deliver alive end up dying when I sat them down. I'm guess certain locations/positions result in an unconscious person dying.

Guest 4519094

it's non lethal for sure,
but i know the quest you're talking about with the guy hiding in a container,
yea the only option is to tell the girl upstairs that you've killed the other even if you've just incapacitated her,
just another voice line to add nothing major :D

avoid dropping/walking/jumping around an unconscious body as well. the game's physics is borked that way, where an errant step or an 'accidental' drop can kill an unconscious target.

be especially careful when jumping. even the slightest hop will kill any KOed target you land on

If they're knocked out then their eyes will be open, they'll blink occasionally, and their bodies will move a little. That's what I've noticed though. Just check the eyes. They give it away for me.
I see corpses moving like that quite often. They are like bad extras actors that try to find a comfortable position to play dead. ;P

System Reset is a non-lethal hack. I used it for optional objactive to not kill a single guard when freeing prisoners from the jail. It worked and I received the bonus. However, I totaly agree with OP. For me that was strange how bodies was falling to the ground and losing loot. Lethal or non-lethal, the animation is the same.

Happened to me too, also with baseball bat.

I have two theories:
1. We hit them accidentally when they are unconscious / knocked out state but still standing
2. Skill level and bonuses cause (+ possible weapon mods) equipping some sort of damage peak when we get critical hit and that damage somehow bleed in targets, even though it should be gated somehow. I noticed that blood started appearing more and more often higher my Brawling skill got.

I've used System Reset in missions where no one was supposed to die, and twice I was told that I shouldn't have killed anyone. One was a mission from Dakota in the badlands, I think it was the one where you are breaking into a Militech base to free someone on behalf of a Militech employee. I can't remember the other one atm. Both times the only takedown I had to do was with System Reset, and in the case of the militech base I never stepped close to the guy I reset, so I couldn't have killed him. I came to the board to report this as a bug, but I can't make a new topic so I'll just add my $ .02 here.

I've played that gig many times over and over thinking there is a different dialogue as well... It is a dialogue error, like others said.
Post automatically merged:

Also, with target analysis addon in your kiroshi slot, even if you blast an npc in the face with shotgun, it will be a non-lethal takedown. It is useful if you are going for non-lethal playthrough no matter dialogues say "body."

If an enemy takes even a single point of damage after they've been knocked unconscious, they die, even if that damage is non-lethal.

Hey.

If its a cyberpsycho quest, its non lethal no matter what. You can blow them up with grenades, shoot them up, hack them to pieces with a katana and they will not die, just knocked down.

Top Bottom