Netrunning is OP to the point the game becomes a joke (Very hard diff.)

+
A word of warning for people who want to play Netrunners - these builds are OP you just become God and lose interest as a consequence.

As I said, I am playing on very hard, dumped most of my levels in int and a little bit in stealth and reflex (completely irrelevant) - no minmaxing is required, just acquire the legendary OS/quickhacks (you can craft them through the quickhack tree).

You kill 20 people by simply pinging one dude, then just unleash a wave of self suicide/burn/shock and loot them all once everyone is dead (takes literally a minute) - they can be in buildings or wherever, you can go target them through walls with correct implants. The opponent are like these helpless ants in a jar and you're just using your thumb to kill them as they run around. They just never get the option to retaliate or even see you, for me it kills the fun and interactivity from the game.

The problem is that netrunning is fun during the lower levels while there's room for error or you have to be in vulnerable positions or support it with other skills. But then your damage/memory reaches critical mass it just becomes inefficient and pointless to even have a weapon in hand because you can just look at an entire gang 150 meters away in a building and they all just drop dead.
Sounds like a bunch of fun (I would do it sometimes but maybe not all the time)
If you feel like it's OP just don't use that, just a suggestion?
I just don't want CDPR to get rid of that in case I ever get past the flatline crash and get to play, I would love to experience this fun OP play style.
Maybe they should had kept the classes after all...
I hope not, as it already seems like I wont be able to level up and unlock all the perks and skills and attributes at once on one character. I'm hoping mods will allow me to do this, because I don't want to keep restarting the game over and over again. I just want to have my own special character and unlock everything at once. Classes would further ruin this for me.

You know something fun AND OP?

Grab a good baseball bat (crowbar, etc... Uo to your taste), armor yourself, beef your Body stats and Streetfights / Athletism perks (just do every side missions and crime scenes).

Once you're good, upgrade your bat to the max.

I'm now a tank.
It's now Cyberhooligan 2077.

I walk around the city, creep in the badlands, two shoting everyone around.
My legendary bat does 450Dps.
Im buffed AF.

A mission in which the game gives you a bunch of turrets to grab the big guns from and play pop-a-mole with the enemies?

Naaah.
Grab your fucking bat, put some music:
Run and jump at them, beating them merciless.

I've done the WHOLE game with ONLY a baseball bat.

I've cracked cyborgs skulls with it,
wiped out entire gangs.
I became the Negan of Night City.
V may be gone, but stories will be told about his bat.

How he smashed police drones and mechas with it.

The melee gameplay is great on a controler, and way more funny long term than the shoot/cover mecanics of the gunfights.

Try it, thank me later.

A word of warning for people who want to play Netrunners - these builds are OP you just become God and lose interest as a consequence.

As I said, I am playing on very hard, dumped most of my levels in int and a little bit in stealth and reflex (completely irrelevant) - no minmaxing is required, just acquire the legendary OS/quickhacks (you can craft them through the quickhack tree).

You kill 20 people by simply pinging one dude, then just unleash a wave of self suicide/burn/shock and loot them all once everyone is dead (takes literally a minute) - they can be in buildings or wherever, you can go target them through walls with correct implants. The opponent are like these helpless ants in a jar and you're just using your thumb to kill them as they run around. They just never get the option to retaliate or even see you, for me it kills the fun and interactivity from the game.

The problem is that netrunning is fun during the lower levels while there's room for error or you have to be in vulnerable positions or support it with other skills. But then your damage/memory reaches critical mass it just becomes inefficient and pointless to even have a weapon in hand because you can just look at an entire gang 150 meters away in a building and they all just drop dead.
So.... early on it take some work, but eventually you become a cyber legend? I literally see no problem with this. You want challenge, play dark souls.

I dont think hackings op at all. Nearly finished the story and i dont have a single legendary hack but i also just kinda been rounding out the skills a jonny of all trades mostly focused on crafting first tho

...and how you beat Oda with this build? My build is probably suck, playing on hard and that f*cker two shot me(

Guest 4375874

This isn't even a stealth build. You can stand in plain sight and just kill everyone from max range. You don't need a single point in stealth to make this work.
As someone playing stealth/hacker this just isn't remotely true unless you are playing the game on easy. I'm playing on Hard and have my ass handed to me multiple times. Even while being several blocks away I'll get hacked myself or once I hack them my location is revealed because they have the netrunner ability.

As someone playing stealth/hacker this just isn't remotely true unless you are playing the game on easy. I'm playing on Hard and have my ass handed to me multiple times. Even while being several blocks away I'll get hacked myself or once I hack them my location is revealed because they have the netrunner ability.

Please read the thread. I'm playing on very hard. If you're getting your ass handed to you then you're doing something wrong, either dipping into other stats or perks or not upgrading your daemons, because hacking is weak up until you get to SC11, that's when you can get the epic OS from viktor (around that time I usually have 50k and can start crafting rare quickhacks) and that's where you start one-shotting people - of course, you have to dump almost all of your stats in INT because everything is linked to it.

RPG and ARPG games always have OP builds. Playing or not playing them is your choice. This is not a PvP game after all.

Ma build Cool 20 /Body 20/Tech 20 on hard running shotguns and LMGS(which suck cause you cant put more than 1 mod even when you have 4 mod slots)- DEVS literally ruined half a build with that move...

I am using mantis blades with max ref;ex and hybrid body/technical. Using sandevistan to slow down time and just destroying everything. I kill whole squads and NCPD crime posts before the first body hits the ground. Mantis blades strong attack leap has auto targetting on it and it leaps super far.

So of course you gonna be OP in the end when you min max lol.

Also, so get some of the legendary OSs you gotta have money first and some street cred to actually buy them. Unless you found some as loot.

This game isn't about combat tho. You get absurd sniper rifles and katanas and shit, and if you build for them you will just oneshot EVERYTHING the game throws at you that isn't a boss enemy, regardless of difficulty.

I'll take that over the idiotic bullet sponges of other similar games. It's not hard, it's not exciting, it's BORING and completely and utterly breaks any and all immersion.

Shooting a dude to the face with a goddamn RAILGUN should kill them.

...and how you beat Oda with this build? My build is probably suck, playing on hard and that f*cker two shot me(
Use cripple movement and blast him. He can't get to you that way. Cyberware Malfunction can also work on him.
Post automatically merged:

In respect to being "OP" in this game... pretty much everything you build will be OP. No matter the play type.

I will say that netrunner build is probably the most OP provided you aren't in combat. You can wipe out an entire building in no time at all, then just walk through the front door and loot everything. HOWEVER, once you are detected and in combat, you can become far less OP (I get 1 shot all the time when I am screwing around).

I agree, it's strong, I'm having fun sneaking around and suiciding ppl.
Find it easier then silenced sniping since if it doesn't 1hit you get in combat.

But to be fair each skill tree is OP if maxed out. And suicide on its own does have a long CD (unless you build specifically to lower the CD.)

Body for instance can give you TONs of health with +60% +base +armour, and full health back at 15% and full health if u die on a 2 min. Cd, you effectively can't die.
My guess is this is how the secret ending will eventually be beat.

But point is, yes you become OP if you go down any tree fully.

Edit:also want to point out that suicide doesn't always kill then, if it's a cyberphyco or just an oddly strong enemy, it may not crit, and just takes a chunk off their HP

I agree, it's strong, I'm having fun sneaking around and suiciding ppl.
Find it easier then silenced sniping since if it doesn't 1hit you get in combat.

Boosting tech snipers = win on this build... what you cant kill with quickhacks, you can with a headshot through a wall

Did you build around legendary contagion? Because full spec into offensive quick hacks with the right legendary cyberdeck and no one hacks you, because they are all vomiting and dying.

Can you kill the endless hordes of units in Araska tower in the secret ending? I saw a sword video... and that guy just had unlimited kill potential... I'm thinking the weakest spec is guns... since you're limited to ammo...

Can you kill the endless hordes of units in Araska tower in the secret ending? I saw a sword video... and that guy just had unlimited kill potential... I'm thinking the weakest spec is guns... since you're limited to ammo...

I haven't seen the secret ending. But the answer should be yes since, you have alot of ram that regenerates on kills and all the good abilities tend to be cheap ram wise and affect multiple targets.

Top Bottom