Neutral Deck

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
You were doing a Ciri Nova deck (2 of each bronze) without Ciri Nova, just in case you got that option from Uma's Curse? Damn, that's crazy, the odds of getting her must be like below 5%!

Me, im actually using Ciri Nova on my SK neutral deck. Along Uma's Curse, Vesemir Mentor and Ragnaroog. The handicap is enough with these self imposed challenges, making using Nova acceptable.

I started with 3 of each but needed more options to control with the most variety did not plan for Ciri was just nice when she showed up, the only real plan was no units which was fun and took some thought on how to play it, that was nice to not just play,(play this card now for the same effect every round every game). The WTF factor was my main goal and at that I think it was a success. I am thinking tomorrow maybe some sort of NR or MON who knows just going to make a new one everyday, new deck, new faction maybe if I find one that works well I will try it in ranked, cant hurt my abysmal MMR before new season. You never know might get me past my get to rank 16 in a season and hit the proverbial brick wall curse.

Heh, ran into a no unit SC deck the other day while playing Slave Robbers.... had to forfeit as there is basically nothing for me to do if the oppo has no creatures for me to steal... gives me 6x 1pt bricks, and 1x 9ptbrick

If I'm lucky I will come up with that finely tuned (Drunk Krogan with sledgehammer in a china shop) deck for all the repetitive **** I see everyday.

goood luck. if you manage it please share... I tend to avoid the most popular decks, so I welcome anything that will smash the state.

I will share if I find one but will not share the list (on public forum) as I will not want it to become the thing I hate.

Here's a deck I made using pretty much the worst possible leader and golds and least played bronzes. Still won 3 out of 4 at rank 15 proving yet again that you can play anything and win. I put the video in case you wanna see the building process and playstyle although only a few will be able to sit through my rambling, I think. I had a little fun playing it, though. Enjoy.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241478248

thirdeye50;n10700761 said:
ultimate was the reveal decks with slave drivers and medics with no units in my deck nothing for them to do but have that WTF look on there face (wish I could have seen it that would have been grand) never seen someone rereading there own cards so much trying to figure out why Cynthia was still 5 str. and nothing turned over slave driver was sitting there all by them self and the medic had nothing to pull out of my GY.

I haven't seen opponents like this yet =D I can only imagine the WTF effect when things like this happens. I have said this before and I will say it again, it's great to have people playing not_so_usual decks!

Sunsibar;n10701731 said:
I haven't seen opponents like this yet =D I can only imagine the WTF effect when things like this happens. I have said this before and I will say it again, it's great to have people playing not_so_usual decks!

I aim to please. I did try a SC Shupe no unit this morning, can use that for 25 brick building (outhouse), but it did give me some ideas about a low value Shupe deck with the dreaded create before CDPR nukes create altogether. Will also be working on those other no unit neutral/faction decks, a new one every morning just to spread the joy of WTF around to as many as possible (mommy always told me it was good to share) (ex wife always said pleases don't share with me) I tend to share the unwanted and it makes me giggle in an evil sort of way. See you in the morning don't forget your unoriginal decks ill be waiting.

DRK3

Forum veteran
thirdeye50 Big fan of Shupe too, the 1st one i did was for Radovid and its amazing, didnt even needed to finetune it, its exactly as when i first did it 2 months ago. The 2nd one i tried a Kambi Shupe deck, but i wasnt satisfied with it, and havent tried to improve it since.

Recently i tried a Shupe MO deck with a lot of swarm 1pt units and it's been a lot of fun, even if opponent instantly kills my Triss Butt, i usually still get 12-15 pts out of her.

I would love to see a neutral deck. Or even possibly Leader. I know THAT would break the game (either in unfunny way of limiting to only neutral cards. or the OP way of ALL cards allowed, akin to Arena). But I would love to hear from this neutral deck in question some day, or heck, even try out making one myself. Probably would have to go along the lines of Usurper, Filavandrel or such to be reasonbale, but it would also "break" the neutral idea.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorroth;n10759421 said:
I would love to see a neutral deck. Or even possibly Leader. I know THAT would break the game (either in unfunny way of limiting to only neutral cards. or the OP way of ALL cards allowed, akin to Arena). But I would love to hear from this neutral deck in question some day, or heck, even try out making one myself. Probably would have to go along the lines of Usurper, Filavandrel or such to be reasonbale, but it would also "break" the neutral idea.

I disagree, when you say limiting to only neutral cards its unfunny - it might be tough to play, but its definitely funny when your opponent sees a Crach and is expecting a Greatswords deck and instead gets Peasant Militia, Alzurs Thunders and Ragnaroog.

But yeah, probably the best leader for a neutral deck would be Usurper, as you can get any other, i didnt used it only because my previous iteration of Neutral deck was NG and wanted to try it with a different faction.

Hello! This is my first post in the forums and I think I'll stick around because reddit's gotten pretty toxic.
I love this whole thread and it's really gotten my theorycrafting impulses flowing.
So, in that vein I though up a card that could help a neutral or no unit deck: https://i.redditmedia.com/54d1eOfP9....png?w=820&s=e208126391aeaf14ec63e87315c46de8
Obviously, if it proves too strong the numbers can be tweaked as they were with Ciri Nova for example. I could make it a silver, but I feel that when you build your whole deck around using one card, silvers and golds are just usually not worth it unless it truly is a win condition.
So, what does this group think? I'm looking forward to joining in your discussions.

thirdeye50;n10701391 said:
(Drunk Krogan with sledgehammer in a china shop)

But does it yell TUCHANKA when you play?

Apart from that, I'm trying a Ihuarraquax neutral deck with Francesca as leader (Royal decree, Sarah and ADC for Ihuarraquax consistency). I'll get bak to you all if I manage to do something remotely playable!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Carglan Welcome. I'm glad you liked it, Gwent is a great game with numerous possibilities, players just have to be creative and explore them without fear of failure, because the fun is often in the journey (deckbuilding and testing) and not at the end of the road...

About your card suggestion, the concept is interesting, but it has some problems keeping it away from CDPR using it:

It's too powerful. And as a bronze, you could have 3. I know we have Viper Witchers, which have a similar concept and potential (and can even be used more than 3 times!) but even that card has counters, like distributing points through multiple units, while this 'distribute 22 damage' would basically annihilate the enemy board no matter what.

In terms of being gimmicky, i would see it more as a silver, and as being too powerful, as a gold.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The other day i had tremendous luck with my Neutral deck, particularly with Uma, and decided to share it - i preemptively apologize if i enrage the RNG haters.

So, two of my golds in this deck are Ciri Nova and Uma's Curse. In one of the matches, for the first time i get the option of Ciri Nova when using Uma - i choose her, since that was a Nova deck and she would strengthen to 22, and i had the other Nova in my hand as the last card. I put the generated Nova on the only empty row, and what does the opponent do? Use Geralt Igni with no effect, even though he still had another card! That was awful, as he could have deduced my last card would be my real Ciri Nova and i would always lose one of those Novas since i would be+25 on any row. He forfeited immediately as he saw the 2nd Nova.

Immediately on the next match - R3, the boards are pretty full, im running out of cards and he uses a cow carcass and i no longer had bloodcurdling roars. I use Uma and pray to the RNG Gods, and sure enough, i get as option... Vilgefortz, the perfect card for the job! To add insult to injury, when i destroy the carcass and get my next card played.. its Nova! I was laughing histerically after that, not used to so much luck.

Top Bottom