Never Fade Away by SAMURAI (Refused)

+
Well, it's definitely better than their last Samurai track, so there's that...in fact, the more I hear this, the more it grows on me, unlike Chippin' In. No matter how many times I hear that, it's never gonna click for me.

Modern 80s rock with HxC elements. Definitely my jam :ok:Hit the nail on this one, guys. Now i can't wait for the full EP!

Intro reminds me of:

Last edited:
I'm calling it: There will be secret messages/codes hidden in the song lyrics, which will play a key role for the game's main plot. And it will be a fun twist, when you realize, that the refrain you were always humming while driving through Night City was actually some kind of password/code phrase :cool:

I think the lyrics are pretty cool, reflecting the love story between Alt Cunningham and Johnny Silverhand:
"i see your eyes, i know you see me / you're like a ghost how you're everywhere / I am your demon never leaving / a metal soul of rage and fear // that one thing that changed it all / that one sin that caused the fall"
When you read the rest of the lyrics, it's clearly about Alt's experiment to try and make herself and Johnny immortal avatars in the Net and now they are. She's a ghost that's everywhere (in the Net), he's the demon (Samurai-logo!). And the "metal soul" could be a reference to (1) his music genre and (2) the fact that he's a digital ghost. The "rage and fear"-aspect shows that beneath his cool attitude, I think, Johnny is also a tragic character that has to fail with too naive anarchistic ambitions.
And "that one thing/sin"? That is maybe the hubris of becoming immortal, for which they had to "pay the price"...

Well, I gladly admit being wrong about Refused. :sneaky:
As much as I dislike their version of Chippin' In(no, I tried but I can't stand it) they've really outdone themselves with Never Fade Away. :p

It's the awesome chorus, mainly. It's great! The build up to it and then you hear the guitars and the awesome lyrics.
I feel both fighting spirit as well as sadness in the chorus.
I get the urge to fight for a cause and to reminisce the good old days at the same time! And that is what Rockerboys are all about: to instill these powerful emotions with their songs! :love:

The song has....soul. Yeah, I think that's it. Soul. Exactly what the line "Never Fade Away" really is all about. :smart:
Not only that...knowing what I know regarding what happens in the 4th Corporate War(The Guns Silenced mission) I'm mesmerised. o_O
Hearing this song, I can picture Johnny, along with Rogue, Shaitan, Spider Murphy and Thompson.
I can picture them running down the halls of Arasaka Tower, taking cover and fighting for their lives. The mission, the desperation and the camaraderie. Not to mention the epic face off between Morgan Blackhand and Adam Smasher.
Damn, the feels! :coolstory:

If Refused continue to release Samurai songs with this kind of quality...wow...I'm gonna start calling myself a fan of theirs. :giggle:

I think I've listened to this song about 100 times already. I can't stop. I can't. A thing of beauty...I know...it'll never fade away. ;)

Last edited:
Didn't want to create an own thread for this so posting it here seems most fitting: There is a pretty cool cover of the 2018 version of "Chippin In" (by Miro Lozar and Old Night)

Really hope we get some Hard Rock and Metal tracks, not sure if you guys would be using actual real world bands but maybe bands like As I Lay Dying, Trivium, Motionless In White, Nightwish, Deathstars, Deadstar Assembly, and Atreyu to name a few. And of course would really enjoying seeing some different kinds of Electronic/Gothic Music make it's way as well. Personally I think those kind of genres just make sense in a game like this.

Last edited:
Much much better than new version.

I like both. The 2018 version is more metal (which i personally prefer), but the new version imo fits better from a lore perspecitve with its punkish anti-corp rage of Samurai/Johnny silverhand

Top Bottom