Never having picked up CP v 3.0...

+
Never having picked up CP v 3.0...

Is David Wyndham and the Incorporated States of America part of the timeline?

The question is more geared toward the 2077 forum, but I figured this'd be the most appropriate place to ask the question. Curious as to what the sociopolitical landscape of '77 might look like.

As far as 2077 is concerned, the canon timeline ignores both V3 and Cybergen.

So, it takes place after Firestorm and everything after that is a collaboration between Mike and CDPR.

To answer your question, I don't remember and I would have to dig out my copy. Wasn't ISA part of Cybergen? If so, no. V3 ignores Cybergen. Ironic, considering the future of V3, heh.

Cybergen was pretty improv-Cpunk. Change in world state, character type and tech level. Basically cyber became magic. Since it wasn't popular, nothing else came out for it.

V3 is, well, transhuman. It lacks Street. It lacks sweat and fear and need. Also, dolls. Having V3 in place would force a continuity issue with 2077. If you know where the future is, then you are forced to travel there. Chopping it lets CDPR and Mike bring 2020 back to it's base.

So, it's gone.

Did I mention the dolls?

Cybergen was pretty improv-Cpunk. Change in world state, character type and tech level. Basically cyber became magic.
I thought some of the tech was pretty wiz, but for the most part, I'd agree with that sentiment.

It lacks Street. It lacks sweat and fear and need.
Yeah... no. Not looking for the "Cyberpunk: Friendship is Magic!" edition.

I may get shot for this...but I just got CP v3 and, taken in and of itself, I like it. Different, yes, but I can see where a GM can make it grittier and nastier and since 2 out of the 3 PCs I ran it for bought the farm, I definitley think it can be just as lethal :) I thought of a storyline that would eventually result in the recreation of the Net and restoration of some of the cool things about CP2020. Might pursue this campaign idea.

Allen

I know it was you Allen. You broke my heart. You broke my heart! Allen, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you in my threads, I don't want you near my blog. When you post on the forums, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

I know it was you Allen. You broke my heart. You broke my heart! Allen, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you in my threads, I don't want you near my blog. When you post on the forums, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?

..........nice one ;)

Hmmm. HMMM.

No.

Dragon has claimed all "aerial assaults" so instead of nuking you from orbit, I am instead forced to plant Spice and breeder worms in your garden. Please remain where you are for 200 years until they are capable of consuming you, your loved ones, wherever it is you live, the block, the surrounding city and, eventually, the Harkonnen interests on this planet.

Hmmm. HMMM.

No.

Dragon has claimed all "aerial assaults" so instead of nuking you from orbit, I am instead forced to plant Spice and breeder worms in your garden. Please remain where you are for 200 years until they are capable of consuming you, your loved ones, wherever it is you live, the block, the surrounding city and, eventually, the Harkonnen interests on this planet.

I only claimed rights to all aerial assaults for combat against flying pigs - I'm not THAT unreasonable. But the breeder worms sound cool.

As far as 2077 is concerned, the canon timeline ignores both V3 and Cybergen.

So, it takes place after Firestorm and everything after that is a collaboration between Mike and CDPR.

You have made me happier than a dorpher that just found a suitcase full of Black Lace.

all is now right with the world..my copy of Cyberpunk 2020 arrived yesterday :) Been enjoying reading it againand chuckling at some of the tech. Cell phones in CP2020 are hilarious :) Those will get amended into more advanced versions of smartphones. But this is still an awesome game.

Well to be fair, no one could have seen back in 1988 when CP was first released the speed of the technology curve and the innovations that came with it. CP V.3's Agents are a at least somewhat imaginative extension of Cellular tech with all the thinks they can do. Another example of this was the Japanese CP show Bubblegum Crisis 2032. Did anyone really notice that there was no functional Net in that show and that what did exist was really a Hightech version of the ARPANet used by most people with real money?

I'll be curious to see what CP2077 has to offer us

Top Bottom