Never in the 16 years I have played videogames have I come across a more buggy, unpolished and broken mess of a release

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A BSOD error is more related to your computer rather than the game itself, I suggest removing Nvidia drivers completely using DDU, restart the machine and install them again.

This game is the most polished game I've played.

And your thread title is awful, way to go when joining a community.
Anyone can rage over things. Doesn't make them right.

My biggest problems are with bugs and glitches on the map. Wrong textures, missing textures, wrongly placed textures, invisible walls, hovering trees and so on really take me out of the game every now and then. Specially Novigrad desperately needs a thorough overhaul. Like on 10 per cent of the streets the dirt textures are actually hovering above the street, stuff at the sides like stones or pieces of wood also often hovering.

I'm over 72 hours in the game (according to ingame stats) and I hadn't had any bugs or crashes yet, well only the usual stuff that happens in every game.
I also didn't have any problems with the previous two witcher games.

Maybe some of you would try playing the games on a dedicated (clean) OS just for gaming like I do (unless you already do), to get the most stable and best performance.

Last edited:
Try using the Nvidia Geforce experience, recommended game settings. I'm running a 980 with recommended settings I get about 55-60FPS, it's very easy for me to massively drop my FPS cranking up the graphics settings making it quite unplayable!!

30 hrs for Witcher 3 on my GOG account, with mixed settings between Ultra/Low, and not a SINGLE crash so far.

Specs: i5 3470k 3.4Ghz; GTX 760 2gb; 8gb RAM

FX-6300 @4.2GHz and MSI R9 280, more then 60 hours in game only one crash, and it is my fault because i was arranging football over facebook and was switching between chrome and game all the time.<
BSOD is prob your PC, not the game. PCs need more maintenance then cars, both software and hardware.

Best polished? I can't play my game for 6 days because of the crashes. Game is literally unplayable. Literally.

Guess who's getting their new games pirated?

So because you have problems with YOUR system others are "pirates"? Good to know.

The problem with PC is that crashes can be tied to the game as to the configuration of the system itself. Many people simply aren't good at determining if their system has a problem instead of blaming a game for it. There are so many issues that can cause crashes/freexes, starting from temperatures, badly installed drivers (as with old remnants), bad background program configuration, faulty hardware, not god PSU, faulty OS (corrupted OS drivers). If you don't know how to test these things for yourself so as to understand if the problem is really about the game and not on your end you will just blame the devs for nothing and either cause bad reports of bugs, slowing the real determination of true issues.

You could bet your hand on the fact that of all those that report crashes (especially BSOD), freezes etc. at last 70% have a problem on their end and they cannot recognize it and they blame the game instead.

Last edited:
Title is huge hyperbole and a clickbait. I found the game surprisingly stable - knowing CDPR track record of extremely buggy releases (I played both previous witchers on release) I expected worse bugs and less polish.

Are you playing PC or console??
Are you playing the game w/ a mod?

I've seen some screenshot in Rediit that some console player have similar problem.
Never exp any texture bug in the game unless i setup my graphics to ultra and exp some crash. I am playing the game in PC.

Personally the game is not that so perfect.
Like people mentioning some buggy quest like Dirty Funds and some point of interest that cannot be completed.
Ai not responding from crossbow attack. Ai poor pathfinding in some point of interest.
Blackbough Blacksmith and the vanishing merchant bug. ( I really don't know if the mod i install causing this problem)
Poor animation w/ the whore house in Novigard when climbing down stair. Like really Geralt will do some back flip when climbing down stair in the whore house after i done business w/ the whore. ( Lol i just imagine Geralt is too tired doing business w/ the whore that's why he is doing some backflip):scold:>:D

Sheathing weapons during combat. Some buggy boat animation. Ai will clip inside an interior especially fighting a wyvern in a lighthouse when finding a griffith diagram.

I'm guessing the OP didn't play Skyrim or Oblivion then. I've been running the game without problems, even better with the v1.03 patch.

While the OP's thread title may be somewhat provocative, responses like those I've just deleted are not acceptable in these forums. Either post something helpful or walk away. Such posts "defending" CDPR are more likely to result in bans than thanks.

Thank you for observing forum rules in the future.

@Duncaaaaaan - as has been pointed out, blue screen usually indicates either low-level system issues, such as drivers, or a hardware issue. The game is demanding, so it does tend to show up such problems. If you want to get help to isolate the cause, posting in the technical subforum may get it.

Last edited:
My game crashed 3 times the first day. Then they applied a patch, and I haven't crashed since.

Did you patch to 1.03? (or something like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom