Never in the 16 years I have played videogames have I come across a more buggy, unpolished and broken mess of a release

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never in the 16 years I have played videogames have I come across a more buggy, unpolished and broken mess of a release

The glitches, bugs and crashes are worse than fallout new vegas.

Trying to go around Novigrad is literally worse than that infamous ET game. it is impossible. I want to try and enjoy myself in this game but novigrad is unplayable as of right now, and a good amount of the main quest appears to take place there.

AC unity says hello :D , what platform are you using anyways.
PC
FX 8350 and gtx 970. Well above the recommended requirements.

Can run Lords of the fallen (a really, really graphically intensive game) really smooth. Out in the country side this game works pretty good, but in Novigrad it inevitably crashes my computer after 15-20 mins, then 10 mins after that. Every time, I get a blue screen error message.

I've checked temps inside, they are fine, they don't go above 70 degrees.

It's not that bad, actually. Some quests are broken yes, like Dirty Funds in the starting area, but I only crashed like 10-15 times so far and all of those were because of the inventory freeze bug that has been fixed in 1.03.

As for TW3, mine works as a charm and i didn't encountered a single bug or glitch yet (50+ hours in the game so far)

AC unity says hello , what platform are you using anyways.

Am I the only one in this world who did not had to face a single little problem with AC Unity? Mine just worked perfectly fine, I guess i was just obscenely lucky. XD

As this is not most peoples' experience,
the issue is more likely to be your own equipment/configuration/installation.

Have you considered reviewing the tech support forums?
That is more likely to bear fruit than posting unspecific hyperbole in the general forum.
Yeah I have been in there a lot, nothing can fix my crashing problems in novigrad. Unless there's some way to make all the people in that city disappear through game settings? Because I think that's what causes the crashes.

Yeah I have been in there a lot, nothing can fix my crashing problems in novigrad. Unless there's some way to make all the people in that city disappear through game settings? Because I think that's what causes the crashes.

You can reduce the number in the options. Have you got the latest drivers from Nvidia? those combined with the patch stopped the game crashing on my 970.

You can reduce the number in the options. Have you got the latest drivers from Nvidia? those combined with the patch stopped my game crashing on my 970.
Got the latest drivers, have also put every setting on low/off and it still crashesjust as bad.

Never had the game crash on me once.... besides some weird physics problems (items swirling around and such) I have no problems with the game. I can turn down the settings to 'fix' some minor problems here and there but that's not the fault of the game.

PC

Can run Lords of the fallen (a really, really graphically intensive game) really smooth. Out in the country side this game works pretty good, but in Novigrad it inevitably crashes my computer after 15-20 mins, then 10 mins after that. Every time, I get a blue screen error message.

While you beat the requirements there can always be extenuating circumstances. Viruses, HD capacity or malfunctioning hardware. While reports are out there for people having a buggy experience it's mostly on lower end machines and even then isn't described like you state.

Also comparing Lords if The Fallen to this is silly. It may indeed be pretty but it is not rendering a ton of NPCs, building textures, hair, weather (the list goes on).

Turn off HairWorks if it's on as well. I'm assuming you have enabled this guessing that your rig could handle it etc. This normally nets people a ton of FPS and solves a lot of lag.

Then I would try a reinstall of the game and the drivers, the odd crash is one thing but you should not be getting BSODs

Not one crash on my ps4 version ; ) Seriously though no need to post this thread here go to the technical forums to complain, most people aren't having issues so its not fair to blame the game because you are. Tried updating all your drivers including Nvidia, directX and sound drivers? I found it fixes most issues.

PC

I wouldnt take this out on the game.. a blue screen is an indication you might be dealing with either a hardware problem or software based malfunction. Not every game will bring this out.

You have these tools, minidump analyzers, they can read out the logfiles blue screens leave behind, give it a check and see if it points you towards a certain driver or piece of hardware.

My advice:

- Do a complete reinstall of your graphics driver and get the latest version (remove older ones as well)
- see if your chipset drivers are up to date
- reboot
- try again

Use MSI afterburner to monitor temps, and power usage % if it constantly goes over or wants to go over 110 you might be dealing with a defective card (had that in my own 970)

Game unpolished ? LOL
It's polished and Polish :p
I have no problem with game at all , all runs smooth and i didn't find any bug quest either ( yet )
Only one crash i had, but it was rather my fault , i was the same time in Guild Wars 2 chatting a moment with friends , so out tabbing a lot

This game is actullay p.well optimizaed and bug free if compared to other open world RP games. This is the first game OP played it seems.

I played now 36h and i had only ONE Crash and a few graphic glitches. I have only one Quests buggy.

Witcher 3 have a very good start. If you ever had played other games at the beginning you would know this.,

For example : Elder Scrolls Online.. This game was realy buggy at the beginning. Only a few Quests had no bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom