Never in the 16 years I have played videogames have I come across a more buggy, unpolished and broken mess of a release

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some random crashes pre patch 1.03, since patch only 1 crash. Think the game is working fine...must be your system.

Witcher 3 works flawless on my PC. I never dropped lower than 60 fps on ULTrA settings.

---------- Updated at 01:19 PM ----------

Witcher 3 works flawless on my PC. I never dropped lower than 60 fps on ULTrA settings.

So because you have problems with YOUR system others are "pirates"? Good to know.

The problem with PC is that crashes can be tied to the game as to the configuration of the system itself. Many people simply aren't good at determining if their system has a problem instead of blaming a game for it. There are so many issues that can cause crashes/freexes, starting from temperatures, badly installed drivers (as with old remnants), bad background program configuration, faulty hardware, not god PSU, faulty OS (corrupted OS drivers). If you don't know how to test these things for yourself so as to understand if the problem is really about the game and not on your end you will just blame the devs for nothing and either cause bad reports of bugs, slowing the real determination of true issues.

You could bet your hand on the fact that of all those that report crashes (especially BSOD), freezes etc. at last 70% have a problem on their end and they cannot recognize it and they blame the game instead.
I'm %100 sure that my system is completely fine. My card is R9 285 and this game has a crash issue on that card. It's as simple as that. Not only me, everyone with that card are having this issue without exception. Everyone. Marcin Momot also said that they are aware of this issue. But god knows when they will fix it.

The glitches, bugs and crashes are worse than fallout new vegas.

Trying to go around Novigrad is literally worse than that infamous ET game. it is impossible. I want to try and enjoy myself in this game but novigrad is unplayable as of right now, and a good amount of the main quest appears to take place there.

Firstly, I will say I have had one crash only right at the loading screen first thing. Since, runs great. Now, I may not be happy it isn't graphically up to snuff (vgx levels) The game play is awesome, it has been solid technically, no crashing, no slow downs etc..... KB&M leaves a lot to desire with combat, but works great out of combat, and I find the opposite is true with a controller. Game looks good, runs smooth, has great game play. Love the Witcher monster quests!!!,

What you need to realize is you need to take steps to figure out your own issues. If you have been gaming 16 years and do not know how to do this...I start to wander at your claims....
but here is a few suggestions
Do a DX Diag
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/DxDiag this is a how to....

Down load this program to view your Blue Screen Info

http://download.cnet.com/BlueScreenView/3000-2094_4-10965136.html

Then post this info and we can help.

You most likely have bad hardware. Typically memory is the first thing, then powers supply, then GPU, then CPU.
You may also have conflicting programs running. You should also show us a Screen shot of all installed and all background programs running.
I turn off 97 percent of all background programs not needed to play, things like google, any messenger apps, etc....
Just because you close it does not mean it is not running a background process.

Now, if we find after checking all this you have a driver issue(the next logical issue) then yes, you will in fact have a legitimate complaint.
Still, you should chill, follow the advice given and lets try and get you back in to the game so you can enjoy it.

P.S. I also recommend installing a few memtest ,GPU mem tests, Benchmarks to push you system, and
this driver uninstaller ....always use it prior to installing a new driver
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Last edited:
Odd, the games runs flawlessly for me. To me The Witcher 3 feels like one of the MOST polished games I've played in recent years. I play it on a GTX 970 4GB as well and after I turned off Nvidia Hairworks the game rarely dips below 60 FPS, even with everything on 'ultra' (minus Nvidia Hairworks).

I had some micro-stuttering and FPS issues at first and to anyone who has the same I recommend going to the Nvidia Control Panel and set the 'max pre-rendered frames' to 1 for The Witcher 3. Just by doing that I completely solved everything and now the game runs as smooth as a baby's arse.

CDPR did a really amazing job with this game.

I'm %100 sure that my system is completely fine. My card is R9 285 and this game has a crash issue on that card. It's as simple as that. Not only me, everyone with that card are having this issue without exception. Everyone. Marcin Momot also said that they are aware of this issue. But god knows when they will fix it.

So if you already know that's an isolated issue why are you talking as if the game is such a huge mess in principle? Having a isolated bug for a certain hardware configuration is not equal to a game being a "broken mess". It can happen, especially in a game of such a huge caliber.

true, atrocious controls make me feel like the game takes place in water, the camera literally jerks every few seconds, especially when gerald runs, and font, damn, so small.
but to play this broken mess till you go to novigrad and only then complain looks a bit dumb for me. and i've been playing games for more than 20 years.
after such finely optimized games like gta5 and da:inquisiton to play this mess is plain criminal.

Last edited:
It may not be a CDOR issue it may be an AMD driver issue which will be on them more so than CDPR. Also, if you see my response to the OP I advise you to follow all advice to eliminate any other issues first. Then you can be 100% sure, I mean as of now you are just speculating as not all 285 are having an issue. My brothers computer as a 285 and has been trouble free.

OP- I agree, and I've been playing games for 33 years. This one is hopelessly broken.

I wish people would stop saying this because it's simply not true. If you read the comments on this thread you can clearly see that for many people this game runs flawlessly. The game isn't broken, but your computer or settings might be.

As I said, to anyone who has performance issues with this game even on lower settings, try setting the 'max prerendered frames' to '1' in the Nvidia Control Panel. That will probably fix everything for most of you. Try it and see if it helps.

So if you already know that's an isolated issue why are you talking as if the game is such a huge mess in principle? Having a isolated bug for a certain hardware configuration is not equal to a game being a "broken mess". It can happen, especially in a game of such a huge caliber.
It's not only me having issues. I only told that to prove you that my system is completely fine. Because you were saying that it's probably my system's fault. And it isn't. Anyway, this problem I'm having is not the only single problem game has. You are lucky to have no problems with your game. That's nice for you. But you can't come here and defend CDPR saying game is flawless because it isn't. There is tons of people having many different problems. You go play your game.

Really? The reason why I switched to console gaming when the original Xbox and PS3 came out was buggy games on PC. It's only lately with the advent of console games acting like PC games have they become nearly as bad bug wise as those on PC.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging PC gaming off, I'm just stating facts regarding graphics drivers, mouse drivers, sound cards and the like.

The glitches, bugs and crashes are worse than fallout new vegas.

Trying to go around Novigrad is literally worse than that infamous ET game. it is impossible. I want to try and enjoy myself in this game but novigrad is unplayable as of right now, and a good amount of the main quest appears to take place there.

This sounds like a hardware or PEBKAC issue.

Post your entire system spec, not just the GPU and CPU.

What motherboard?
How much RAM?
What OS?
What power supply?
Could it be a overheating issue, does everything have good airflow?

If running through Steam have you verified the file integrity? Have you tried reinstalling?

Are you overclocking? Have you tried to go bacj to stock clocks? W3:WH may have found a weakness in your overclock settings.

I've had zero issues, no crashes or hiccups since launch.

One last thing I keep seeing guys say I have been gaming for such and such time. Gaming on what?
That makes all the difference. If you are new to PC gaming then that explains a lot. My first game system was an Atari 2600, then I got my first computer a Commodore 64 a year later. I have been PC gaming for 33 years. All games have bugs,certain program conflicts, and or hardware conflicts. It has been part of PC gaming since it's inception. There is a reason console exist. Those that want to just"play" although even that has gotten worse lately.....so I do understand.

---------- Updated at 01:58 PM ----------

This sounds like a hardware or PEBKAC issue.

Post your entire system spec, not just the GPU and CPU.

What motherboard?
How much RAM?
What OS?
What power supply?
Could it be a overheating issue, does everything have good airflow?

If running through Steam have you verified the file integrity? Have you tried reinstalling?

Are you overclocking? Have you tried to go bacj to stock clocks? W3:WH may have found a weakness in your overclock settings.

I've had zero issues, no crashes or hiccups since launch.

Honestly, it is best for some to go back to console gaming and leave pc gaming. If you are lazy and refuse to follow advice given by guys like me and you, then they neither deserve to chastise CDPR nor enjoy the benefits of PC gaming.

What we are getting in return for our helpful efforts is, " It;s not me or my system because I said so" lol or " cause I read it could be this by some other random poster"
Dear Lord, Provide evidence please!!

Last edited:
People defending CDPR here don't understand that we experience the bugs. We are seeing the bugs. They exist. Just because you don't see the bugs doesn't mean that they don't exist. You can't come here like "I'm not seeing any bugs so there is no bugs. Game is flawless". It doesn't work like that sorry.

People defending CDPR here don't understand that we experience the bugs. We are seeing the bugs. They exist. Just because you don't see the bugs doesn't mean that they don't exist. You can't come here like "I'm not seeing any bugs so there is no bugs. Game is flawless". It doesn't work like that sorry.

I am not saying that. I believe you and others have issues. The problem is you are providing no proof, nor are you posting any helpful info to let those that know how to fix certain issues, help you. You are just saying" derp I have an issue, it is not my system" I know just because, I know, lol
COme on man, do a Dx Diag, post your blue screen info, do some mem tests, lower any OC you have etc....
SHow us you want to find the problem, not just complain....

I am not saying that. I believe you and others have issues. The problem is you are providing no proof, nor are you posting any helpful info to let those that know how to fix certain issues, help you. You are just saying" derp I have an issue, it is not my system" I know just because, I know, lol
COme on man, do a Dx Diag, post your blue screen info, do some mem tests, lower any OC you have etc....
SHow us you want to find the problem, not just complain....
Dude just read what I wrote here before. Really. I just wrote that my issue is not related to my system and CDPR also confirmed that and said they will fix it. The question is, when? It's been 6 days and I can't play my game. Also other people have other issues which is not their system's fault. I'm just complaining yes, because there is nothing else I can do. I have to wait for the patch but it doesn't come.

Edit: The second I posted this, patch came. Let's hope it fixes our problems.

Last edited:
Dude just read what I wrote here before. Really. I just wrote that my issue is not related to my system and CDPR also confirmed that and said they will fix it. The question is, when? It's been 6 days and I can't play my game. Also other people have other issues which is not their system's fault. I'm just complaining yes, because there is nothing else I can do. I have to wait for the patch but it doesn't come.

Edit: The second I posted this, patch came. Let's hope it fixes our problems.

I hope it does fix your issues, but my brother has a 285 card and has had a good Xp so far. 2 crashes. What if they fix the issue and it turns out you are still having issues? You really should follow the advice given by me and others here. Check your system. Then conclude the issue is on CDPR or AMD. DO you understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom