Never played Fallout New Vegas but it's amazing!

+
With the amount of detail and cinematics in CP77, it won't happen in a million years.
I was completely wrong when judging this game based on graphics. The amount of content is amazing and NPC companions variety is what I really wanted for Cyberpunk2077. Perhaps another year it will be together at this level. Still playing both CP2077 and this for now.

Last edited:
I was completely wrong when judging this game based on graphics. The amount of content is amazing and NPC companions variety is what I really wanted for Cyberpunk2077. Perhaps another year it will be together at this level. Still playing both CP2077 and this for now.
Crappy graphics is one of the reasons they were able to craft richer gameplay and mechanics. The more time is invested into animation of trivial and non-interactive things, the less resources are left for gameplay and interactivity.

I'm not that crazy about Fallout New Vegas, but I love another Obsidian game: The Outer Worlds. Good companions add a lot of fun to the games, but that means a lot of extra work, including dialogues with the companions, companions' reactions to the environment, decisions where companions can be used, the ride with vehicles and etc. as a possible implementation in CP.

Last edited:
Good companions add a lot of fun to the games, but that means a lot of extra work, including dialogues with the companions, companions' reactions to the environment, decisions where companions can be used, the ride with vehicles and etc.
And that's a bad thing how exactly?

I'm playing The Outher Worlds right now.

I'm not that crazy about Fallout New Vegas, but I love another Obsidian game: The Outer Worlds. Good companions add a lot of fun to the games, but that means a lot of extra work, including dialogues with the companions, companions' reactions to the environment, decisions where companions can be used, the ride with vehicles and etc. as a possible implementation in CP.
I didn't like the map designs but the deep layers of conversation are great. How the NPC companions spoke to each other made the game feel like real people.

All above being said, how is the level of quality of Cyberpunk acceptable if other companies can do all those things right with lower budget?

Being able to kill a faction leader is wild. The other NPC's will remember or mention the crimes you committed. Imagine shooting rogue in the face in the afterlife. Your reputation within the area will be extremely hostile but her enemies then become your allies. You don't earn the right to be legend but you take it. Johnny attempts to kill you by launching you into a moving train ect.... ect... ( I love rogue btw she's awesome)

All above being said, how is the level of quality of Cyberpunk acceptable if other companies can do all those things right with lower budget?

I dare claim that all the buildings and other accessable areas in Fallout : New Vegas, without the empty desert areas inbetween are by far less in quantity than all accessable areas in CP2077. So no its not true, every company has its ups and its downs. Also CP2077 is the very first attempt of CDPR to create a sci-fi game after focusing on fantasy only in the past. How can people expect that to shine with these games as much as companies who pretty much grew up with post nuclear rpgs. Obsidian is after all the a big part Black Isle Studio if i am not wrong who created Fallout 2 so they knew what to do when starting their work in Fallout New Vegas and the game engine and interface pretty much was already done from Fallout 3 beside a few small changes.

How can people expect CDPR red to play on the same level as Obisidan, no offense to this company but they are toddlers in this kind of game setups.

I dare claim that all the buildings and other accessable areas in Fallout : New Vegas, without the empty desert areas inbetween are by far less in quantity than all accessable areas in CP2077. So no its not true, every company has its ups and its downs. Also CP2077 is the very first attempt of CDPR to create a sci-fi game after focusing on fantasy only in the past. How can people expect that to shine with these games as much as companies who pretty much grew up with post nuclear rpgs. Obsidian is after all the a big part Black Isle Studio if i am not wrong who created Fallout 2 so they knew what to do when starting their work in Fallout New Vegas and the game engine and interface pretty much was already done from Fallout 3 beside a few small changes.

How can people expect CDPR red to play on the same level as Obisidan, no offense to this company but they are toddlers in this kind of game setups.
Well, actually I was talking about their latest game, The Outer Worlds. New Vegas was a buggy mess just like Cyberpunk. :D

But I'd dare saying that switching from 2d isometric turn-based game design to fully 3d environments was a tad bigger jump and challenge than moving from The Witcher 3 to Cyberpunk. Also keep in mind that CD Projekt knew way back in 2012 and earlier that they will be making an open world game set in a sci-fi city and they developed their own graphics engine that was supposed to run that sci-fi city. I don't understand how that is never an argument in discussion. Obsidian had to work with what they had. CD Projekt had their own in-house engine that was supposed to be designed with this kind of game in mind, no?

To be fair to CDPR, the engine and many assets for FNV were already made by Bethesda with Fallout 3, and let's not forget all of the bugs that people experienced with New Vegas on release, especially on console (sound familiar?) I wonder what a studio would be able to come up with using CP2077's devkit.

I remember buying NV and all of its expansions when it came out, lots of fond memories playing hardcore mode which really made it feel like the original isometric Fallouts at times (Stimpaks to fix broken limbs? Get outta here!)

It's kind of ironic people are singing New Vegas' praises now, but it, just like many other great RPGs like Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and (imo) Cyberpunk had really rough launches or troubled development.

To be fair to CDPR, the engine and many assets for FNV were already made by Bethesda with Fallout 3, and let's not forget all of the bugs that people experienced with New Vegas on release, especially on console (sound familiar?)
Oh yes, i remember :D
For the engin, i'm not seeing CDPR use Unreal engin while they have one (maybe not the best, but it's theirs)

Oh yes, i remember :D
For the engin, i'm not seeing CDPR use Unreal engin while they have one (maybe not the best, but it's theirs)
CDPR used Aurora engine for W1 and modified it so heavily so decided to make their own game engine for W2.
And they developing it ever since.

Maybe CDPR it's that kind of people who trust only the things that they have made.

Top Bottom