New adventure coming – Entrapped

+
New adventure coming – Entrapped

Yes, we know it’s been some time since we had the opportunity to release a new adventure for The Witcher created by our modding community. We are pleased to present “Entrapped”, the debut module from modding group “The Bards.” We bet you are wondering what kind of decisions Geralt has to deal with this time. Wonder no more: Exhausted after a long journey through Temeria, the witcher arrives at a village which to be no different from any other in the region. All he wants is to spend a night in the nearby inn and set off in the morning… but suddenly he finds himself in serious danger. He’ll be trapped in the village and the way out won’t be easy...Enjoy!You can download the adventure here! --[How to install]------------------------------------------------------Installation for Windows XP:1) Copy the "override" folder contents to The Witcher\Data. 2) Copy the ADV file to the Shared Documents\The Witcher folder. Easiest way to find this is in My Computer. You should see a "m1_module.adv" file already in this folder. If not, it's the wrong folder.3) Enjoy.Installation for Windows Vista:1) Same as above.2) Copy the ADV file to the Public\Public Documents\The Witcher folder.3) Enjoy.

Some features of the adventure:- 6 different endings;- your decisions really matter - even those which seem to be unimportant;- up to 2 hours of gameplay;- Geralt can try to act alone or together with other personae;- some locations are locked/unlockable, it is dependant on your actions;Have a happy gaming and if you've got stuck somewhere, don't hesitate to ask since there's only the Polish walkthrough included in the zip file :)EDIT: Now, the English walkthrough is included, too. You can also play using your native non-English-version of the Witcher, you should see English subtitles and English descriptions of the quest items.

fantasta said:
Have a happy gaming and if you've got stuck somewhere, don't hesitate to ask since there's only the Polish walkthrough included in the zip file :)
will it be translated?

I want to write about this adventure's process in Chinese. But in Chinese edition, I can't read about Andres notes and the other quest items.So I really don't understand how to solve mission "Runestons".......I try to guess the possible constitute but all failed.Could anyone help me? ???

Kng, did you switch into the English subtlitles? Do you have English dialogs? And you don't have the English item descriptions? They are missing?

Wow!!!This adventure is extremely well done! The cutscenes were brilliant, clearly professional quality. My favorite was
The one where the ghouls perform circus tricks. That was inspired, guys -- really clever.
Very clever use of DeVries' Extract in the world beyond, too.I played it enough to get two of the endings: one rather creepy ending and one moderately happy ending. I'm going to have to play it a few more times, to see the other endings.I'm highly impressed at the quality of this adventure. Go play it, if you haven't!

oooh, most excellent news, and just in time for a cold, wintery weekend :)Can't wait to play this on the strength of the lovely Corylea's words :)

fantasta said:
Kng, did you switch into the English subtlitles? Do you have English dialogs? And you don't have the English item descriptions? They are missing?
I mean the mission item like Andres notes is exchang to another one in Chinese edition, For example,the Andres notes in my edition I see it is "a letter for Triss". and the contents is really like I've seen it in The Witcher's game. I know that actually is Andres note depends on the mission's illustration.So, I can't understand that note's real meaning......

Here you go, Kng.If it's Notes of the Master that you need, they read
Ha! It is I, Andre of Faroe, the master of golems and the master of runes, who am writing these words which are needed if you want to have power over a golem. The knowledge may be dangerous so I must be sure you are a righteous and persevering man. First, you have to clean your mind with the help of meditation.Only a righteous man can use the power of runes. If you have done harm, go away or the runes will do harm to you. But if you are righteous, use the dyes lying on the table in my hut and paint four runes on blank runestones. The runestones can be found in a place where the source of life is drawn from. I've left there seven stones, more than needed, because painting runes is difficult and it is easy to make a mistake. The runes must create a word of many meanings: light, joy, sun.The word is also the name of a person close to my heart. The name contains the element of divine power which will not only bring the golem to life, but will also make the creature obedient to you. When the proper runes are put into the proper urns- and where the urns are you have to find out on your own- you will receive the rune of command. Then, give the rune to the golem, and the creature will find itself under your command. Remember,aspiring master, about the divine element,for it shoudn't be forgotten: neither at the beginning, nor at the end.If you still have some trouble with painting proper runes, I advise you to expand your knowledge by reading "The Book of Ancient Gods and Goddeses". Good luck.

Um, guys? I'm sorry to report that I believe I've found a bug. I'll put it under a spoiler tag, so the people who haven't played yet (or who haven't played that path yet) won't see it.
I've met Andre, found out why the villagers are hiding, and gone to speak with the Temerian officer. He's threatened to kill a woman, and Andre told me that she was the smith's daughter, and I must save her. So I save her and bring her back to Andre. He asks me what we should do next.If I choose, "I'll take Anna, Klara, and a few armed peasants with me, and we will solve our problem once and for all, everything goes as it should. But if I choose, "Is there any other way to get out of here" instead, then my journal continues to tell me that I should take the smith's daughter to Andre. The golem pulls down the wall, Andre silences the place of power, the golem finishes pulling down the walls, Andre dies at the entrance to the village. During all of this, my journal continues to say that I should take the smith's daughter to Andre, and the "Entrapped" quest never updates and completes, even though it's clearly finished.

Top Bottom