New Arena Idea

+
I think everyone agrees that arena is very imbalanced an dull because of the :

1- gold card difference between each run

2- the lack of Rng cards in gwent which makes arena deck building only relays on pure points. so the player that gets the most points in his deck will win and there will be no skills in the games.

3- most cards in gwent only work on their comp or faction so most cards will be unplayable in arena.

4- half of the leader abilities also relay on certian comp so you can get screwed if you get 3 useless or weak leader abilities.

Gwent is a special card game and this classic arena build is just not for gwent. i have an idea that will make arena alot more skill based and will be fun and more balanced.
the idea is that there is a fixed provision limit for all arena runs but the provision is more than ranked because people wanna have fun in arena. and each arena run instead of picking 1 card at a time, we get all 72 cards and 3 leader abilites at the same time. and we build our deck and make the combs that we see fit based on the provision gap that is provided for us. this will reward for the best deck making skills instead of simply picking the most points between 3 cards for 26 times.

So sealed instead of draft? I could get behind that; although, I still think that they could at least partially fix the current system by restricting the number of factions you see to either 1 or 2. Regardless, given some of the incredibly restrictive leader abilities, maybe players could just choose whichever leader they want after constructing the deck, using the same interface as the "Change Ability" option in the Deck Builder.

They need a tournament feature also. Better events. I hate that I cannot create a thread and have to post ten times first. I have many ideas
Post automatically merged:

They could even create a multiplayer coop raid event on a monster, etc. 4 players against one creature or event scenario

I think it would be fun if you should have to redraw new cards for cards played in a match (all individual cards are one game use).

Or have random season effects during the climb.

I feel like the arena should just be a madhouse!

the lack of Rng cards in gwent which makes arena deck building only relays on pure points. so the player that gets the most points in his deck will win and there will be no skills in the games.
Please, please, don't suggest adding RNG cards to Gwent. We've already passed this, there shouldn't be much random in Gwent. CDPR should care about normal game first, then arena.

Please, please, don't suggest adding RNG cards to Gwent. We've already passed this, there shouldn't be much random in Gwent. CDPR should care about normal game first, then arena.
I didnt suggest adding RNG in anyway. im just saying that the lack of RNG makes the classic arena match so dull. im actully in favor of not adding RNG and hate RNG cards in ranked

I think everyone agrees that arena is very imbalanced an dull because of the :

1- gold card difference between each run

2- the lack of Rng cards in gwent which makes arena deck building only relays on pure points. so the player that gets the most points in his deck will win and there will be no skills in the games.

3- most cards in gwent only work on their comp or faction so most cards will be unplayable in arena.

4- half of the leader abilities also relay on certian comp so you can get screwed if you get 3 useless or weak leader abilities.

That's the whole fun of the Arena. Unreliable random cards. The skill gap in Arena is huge, it's not only about the cards, but how you play them.

If Arena became just as stale and boring as ranked, it would be a real shame. No synergy in Arena please! (unless it's random)

I like how Arena works.. Sure it's not perfect, but it's something else entirely, which is why it's good in the first place.

As a massive arena player with 27 full runs I totally disagree with you: playing arena is much more complex than it first seems, and can be a lot of fun once you figure out how to play it effectively.
You said it needs no skills, just points, well here are some skills you need if you wanna be a good arena player:
First, picking cards: Even if limited, you still have a say in how to build your deck: you get your 4 options every time. I usually choose locks and engines before really high value cards, and there are so many other options: starters, finishers, thrivers.. it's a lot of fun just to build your deck like this.
And as someone said before me, it's more important how and when to play your cards, to be able to find synergies between cards of different factions: I really love to figure out my strategy on the go according to the very cards I have instead of just using the same pre-existing synergies every time. And you also get to decide how to balance your rounds, like when to pass when you go 1st or 2nd, whether to dry pass round 2 or try to use it for getting card advantge, how and when to use your leader ability and how to gain the most of it even when it's weak, to decide which cards to play in round 1 and which to keep for round 3, or whether to keep roach in you hand till round 3 and so on..... So no, it's not all about points, and even with a relatively weak deck I can get 5-6 wins in an arena run.
I really don't want arena to have provision or other restrictions, as it would take all the fun away. What I really really want though is to be able to get on the leaderboard as an arena player or to have a separate arena leaderboard as this "x of 9 wins, getting some boring rewards and that's it" is really boring and does not motivate me anymore.

That's the whole fun of the Arena. Unreliable random cards. The skill gap in Arena is huge, it's not only about the cards, but how you play them.

If Arena became just as stale and boring as ranked, it would be a real shame. No synergy in Arena please! (unless it's random)

I like how Arena works.. Sure it's not perfect, but it's something else entirely, which is why it's good in the first place.

When you get 4 golds and your opponent gets 14 that isn’t skill. When you get a leader ability that has little to no value and your opponent gets a full value that isn’t skill. There is very little actual skill in arena and unless something changes to at least make it more consistent there never will be. I like the idea of all the cards being randomly assigned at the beginning and you use a mini deck builder from the available pool to at least see what you are working with. Also I like the idea of a minimum and maximum number of gold cards per draw. It wouldn’t completely eliminate the luck component, but at least it would do something to bridge the gap.

As a massive arena player with 27 full runs I totally disagree with you: playing arena is much more complex than it first seems, and can be a lot of fun once you figure out how to play it effectively.
You said it needs no skills, just points, well here are some skills you need if you wanna be a good arena player:
First, picking cards: Even if limited, you still have a say in how to build your deck: you get your 4 options every time. I usually choose locks and engines before really high value cards, and there are so many other options: starters, finishers, thrivers.. it's a lot of fun just to build your deck like this.
And as someone said before me, it's more important how and when to play your cards, to be able to find synergies between cards of different factions: I really love to figure out my strategy on the go according to the very cards I have instead of just using the same pre-existing synergies every time. And you also get to decide how to balance your rounds, like when to pass when you go 1st or 2nd, whether to dry pass round 2 or try to use it for getting card advantge, how and when to use your leader ability and how to gain the most of it even when it's weak, to decide which cards to play in round 1 and which to keep for round 3, or whether to keep roach in you hand till round 3 and so on..... So no, it's not all about points, and even with a relatively weak deck I can get 5-6 wins in an arena run.
I really don't want arena to have provision or other restrictions, as it would take all the fun away. What I really really want though is to be able to get on the leaderboard as an arena player or to have a separate arena leaderboard as this "x of 9 wins, getting some boring rewards and that's it" is really boring and does not motivate me anymore.
im not saying that im bad in the arena cus it has no skills. im actully very good at it and get 1 full run in every 2 or 3 runs. but this is why i say its very dull and imbalanced. the runs that i lose is because i have very few golds and the ones that i win are becasue i have alot of golds. no skil linvolved, and ofcourse you will pick engines and locks cus thats the only thing u can actully pick. all ofther cards require synergy which ofcourse you won't have cus its arena. yesterday i played legends of runeterra for the first time and it was such a blast. i hope gwent devs take some ideas from them

I like Arena.
In my opinion, Arena should not have;

Scenarios
Evolving Cards
Tutors
Defenders
Heatwave

I think removing those will make Arena a bit more balanced and fun. Oh and yeah configuring the gold/bronze ration a bit better.

I also think they should remove the leader abilities that are faction restricted (e.g. to Northern Realms, etc) and the cards that require being devoted to really work (e.g. the Wild Hunt one that destroys itself if it's not devoted, it's hardly a choice between 4 cards when one is guaranteed to be destroyed). I've had multiple arena runs where opponents had Nilfgaardian leadership abilities and I got stuck with something that didn't work without very specific units. It makes the game unbalanced right from the very beginning. I also have mixed feelings about the Nilfgaardian leadership ability that locks the opponent's leadership ability, I personally find it really boring to play against. It's fun seeing how well your opponent uses their cards and ability, especially in Arena because of the difficulty planning synergies.

I think the easiest way to balance the number of gold/bronze cards is to have a certain number chosen randomly from only the gold cards, and the rest chosen randomly from solely bronze cards.

I personally think it would be more balanced if there was also a requirement that none of the selections of cards had more than one from a given faction, e.g. instead of getting 4 syndicate cards at the end when you have no coin generation you could pick from cards from 4 different factions.

Top Bottom