New Batman is ..................Ben Affleck

+
New Batman is ..................Ben Affleck

Yep,swear to god ,no joke(even though it seems like one)Ben Affleck is the new Batman and will star in still to be named sequel to Man of Steel that will be released on July 17 2015.
The dude already played a superhero Daredevil back in 2003 and just like the movie itself he wasn't particularly good.On the other hand,since then he has become a very respectful director and brought us some very good movies such as The Town and Argo.
Honestly,I don't know what to think about this...I think maybe he can pull of good Bruce Wayne but The Capped Crusader....not so much.

I think maybe he can pull of good Bruce Wayne but The Capped Crusader....not so much.

The Capped Crusader

With all due respect to Ben. He's a great director, and he can be a great actor, but there's absolutely no way in hell he can follow Christian Bale this soon after the Nolan trilogy. No way in hell.

I just can't understand this move. Yeah, I know Bale quit the role, and didn't want it anymore, but... Really. Affleck doesn't have what it takes to embody that role. It'll be George Clooney all over again.

Also, I know Marvel has these weird groupings as well, where you've got a GOD and then just some asshole with a bow, fighting side by side, but all I can say is that I hope the first three minutes of the movie is Superman vaporizing Batman with his lazereyes pew pew, and then it'll actually be a movie without Ben Affleck.

Seriously.

*Bangs head into wall a lot.*

Oh good, it's DareBatman. Sounds like a cake mix. This be stupid.

Looked better in the graphic novel. Also, "Stay out of my way?" Add-in. Peter Weller's voice was great though. You chopped the clip - does Clark ask about his heart? I loved that. Superman is still worried about friend, despite all.

Not my first choice, but with the right script I think Affleck will do fine. Don't forget Keaton (arguably the best Batman) also got a negative reaction due to his role in Beetlejuice. I'm just going to wait and give him a chance before freaking out.

We haven't even see a costume or trailer yet.

NO!! I demand mass hysteria! Panic! Rioting in the streets! =p

Though, it'd be funny if the downfall of Western civilization started with "Ben Affleck" riots. Ha.

well at first it was dissapointing but then it is still dissapointing...

And it is not that I dont like the guy but all the time I will see him as a romantic stories and comedy actor which does not suit the role at all obviously... Now I'm wondering how come that guys doing the movie did not come to such conclusion...:confused:

I like blank_redge's opinion on the topic ! Keep it up man! Your contribution is always appreciated! Riots... downfall of western civilization...ben affleck ...hahahah ;)

With all due respect to Ben. He's a great director, and he can be a great actor, but there's absolutely no way in hell he can follow Christian Bale this soon after the Nolan trilogy. No way in hell.

I just can't understand this move. Yeah, I know Bale quit the role, and didn't want it anymore, but... Really. Affleck doesn't have what it takes to embody that role. It'll be George Clooney all over again.

Also, I know Marvel has these weird groupings as well, where you've got a GOD and then just some asshole with a bow, fighting side by side, but all I can say is that I hope the first three minutes of the movie is Superman vaporizing Batman with his lazereyes pew pew, and then it'll actually be a movie without Ben Affleck.

Seriously.

George Clooney would actually have been a pretty good Batman, as would Kilmer, The problems with those movies was everything else, just like the problem with Daredevil was everyone elses fault but Affleck. Shitty directors (Schumacher and Steven respectively), the worst writing in history, and shitty costars (Jim Carrey, Arnie, Chris O'Donnel, Uma Therman, Jennifer Garner,). Afflecks performance as Daredevil/Matt Murdock was the only thing about the Daredevil movie that didn't suck.

As for Bale... well at least with Affleck Batman won;t look like he is permanently puckering his lips... Bale's hair lip, along with the mask squeezing his cheeks... every time I saw his face all I could think was "duck faced batman wants a kiss"...

Look, the simple truth is, the movie is going to suck. All DC universe movies suck, they have ever since Superman 4, the quest for peace permanently cursed the franchise. The Burton Movies sucked, because Burton is a twat, Keaton was shit, and Jack Nicholson was just Jack Nicholson. The schumacher movies sucked because Schumacher turned them into gay disco parties and let the co-stars dictate the tone of the films, The Nolan Bale movies sucked because for all the grittyness and realism they tried to push in, you still had batman trailing behind the elevated train, his bat rop magically passing through the supports instead of scraping him off like bat-butter and people walking in front of the activated microwave device and not exploding. The first two were at least watchable and entertaining, more due to the performance of the villians than Bale, especially Aaron Eckart as Dent, who I thought outperformed Ledger. But the third movie was just straight ass.

Green Lantern... sucked

Superman Returns and Man of Steel, both sucked, for different reasons. Constantine... sucked.

The really sad thing is, there was a theatrically released Batman film that blew everything else away. Batman Mask of the Phantasm. I don;t understand how the animated universe can be so awesome, yet continually get cancelled, and the live action movies can suck so horribly bad. But now with both Dini And Timm gone, the animated films are going to start sucking too.

The only live action DC universe thing that hasn't sucked in the last 20 years is Arrow, but it's only one season in, I am sure it will suck soon enough.

Bale gets a bad rap. Nolan told him to voice the character that way. He's the best Bruce Wayne by far and in certain moments, the best Batman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJINr5mvB6w

If they'd just let Bale use this voice the whole time, no one would have been complaining. But Nolan is stupid as he is brilliant at times.

Forum veteran
I'm looking forward to Batfleck '15, personally.

It'll either be a train wreck or a surprisingly good movie, and both are fun to watch. Really, the only thing that could make this news better is if they were bringing back the Clooney nipple suit. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Top Bottom