New cards predictions?

+

Guest 4395314

Which cards would you like to see in the upcoming expansion/ which characters from the Witcher universe do you think are still missing? I really want to see the Koshchey and Jacques de Aldersberg from Witcher 1 :)

Well according to speculations and the little information that we have:

Nilfgaard should get spies/agents. I for one really welcome this as Spies was a big archetype in Beta. However emissary chains are not possible anymore, so I'm curious how it will look like. Time will tell I guess.

I also think (and Hope) that syndicate will get more Firesworn support, so Jacques De Aldesberg could be a cross faction card. This is supported by the Firesworn themed cosmetics they sold before the pandemic (they were meant to increase the prize pool).

Scoia'tael is probably going to be dwarves at this point.
I look forward to this archetype, because except for Spella'tael it's the only thing I find potentially interesting in SC.

They teased Wild Hunt will get more support in the next expansion and I've also read something about Constructs.
That's it for Monsters.

NR ??? It's a mistery. Judging by its new Commander, NR should be boosts. I hope we get more shields/ specters

Skellige is another mistery.
If pirates/Discard are devoloped further, I could bring myself to play this faction

Which cards would you like to see in the upcoming expansion/ which characters from the Witcher universe do you think are still missing? I really want to see the Koshchey and Jacques de Aldersberg from Witcher 1 :)

For monsters, I want to see insectoid and wild hunt only. Both should be fully functional archetypes. NG spies only should be a fully functional archetype. ST dragons and machines. Machines should include traps. Also I wouldn’t mind slight buffs to all dwarves. NR needs more warfare and maybe a few more siege engines. SK needs more discard and revival focus. SY could use more fee based options and profit generating cards (other than crimes.)

If they're really doing wild hunt and spyes, it would thematically fit to the "hunt for Ciri" story from books. So we might get cards like The Rats, some Aen Elle, Skellens group, Rience, Lodge of sorcereses or maybe some NR spyes.

Not just from the books. I would also like a serious rework on the Ciri cards if they do anything with that. She used to be awesome, now she is strictly novelty decks.

Not just from the books. I would also like a serious rework on the Ciri cards if they do anything with that. She used to be awesome, now she is strictly novelty decks.

Someone made an interesting suggestion about one of the Ciri cards becoming more like a Shupe card (without the condition I think), with abilities depending on which faction she is played in.

It was an interesting thought at least..

I want to see more plant tagged card in MO. Now Archespore is the only one we have. Botanic archetype would be cool.

It is also sad not being able to play Witcher archetype in Witcher card game. I want some improvements on it. They should add Witcher Berengar, Coen and Leo and many others mentioned throughout both books and games storylines. And special cards adressing the life of Witchers maybe Deadle Training, Hunting Reward, etc. Maybe some kind of row effect like Sharpened Instincts for Witchers just as Full Moon for Vampires

The list of characters i wanna see: Jacques de Alderberg, Alvin, The Rats (The gang Ciri joined in books) members, Renfri, Vea, Tea, Visenna (Geralt's Mother), Korin (Geralt's Father).

Note: Btw any info regarding release date?

Last edited:
Maybe the Expansion is themed around Dagon (Leader Skin + his Card) so a Monster Weather/Boon archetype would be kind of nice.

I expect a new strategem for every Faction (especially the current MO and SK ones are only usable in one archetype)

SC will probably get more Dwarf Support for MF, but personally I would prefer if they reintroduce some kind of Swap archetype again or if they add more Cards supporting Ambush tactics.

Personally I hope NG doesn't get more annoying troll Cards this expansion and instead some archetype that feels more like you're facing a strong army than some treacherous little thiefs.

Guest 4368268

Few things I've hope for (obviously not all at once, but if any/some of them happen I'll be pleased)
Weather as an archetype for Monsters, Wild Hunt as an Archetype for Monsters, Soldier swarm for NG (a competitive proactive NG archetype would be great) more tags for ST (especially in the higher provision range, make call of harmony the harmony leader rather than mystic echo)
Faction specific swarm cards for Northern Realms (rather than having to rely on neutrals) and I'd love a clan package for Skellige.

Out of all of these though, I'll only predict we'll see some WH support.

Going off of Bleach's lead let's go faction by faction.

NR might get a working Warfare mechanic, which would be a new thing for NR since warfare cards seem to be special cards so we would get an NR special card based deck.
Another thing that could be developed would be NR's Soldier and Knight subtypes. There are some already popular cards with that subtype but their generally good due their abilities with the fact that they have that subtype being generaly forgotten.
NR seems to be pretty solid with siege machines, charges and boost setups so I'm not sure what could be improved upon there.
Maybe they could do some more things with the Shield status?

ST has had a lot of mechanics depending on having units of the same or of different "species" subtype. Maybe more could be done with that, adding more cards which get stronger with a varied selection of units on the field.
ST also has some seedling of a build that focuses on moving units. I think more could be done with that as well. Perhaps a mechanic that requires your own units to be moved (as adding too many cards that move enemies might end up being too strong)
Finally Traps is another thing that could see a revitalisations.

NG should get some more spies, I agree.
But the main thing they should get is some powerful, powerful nerfs. Either that or they should get no new cards at all while the other factions get plenty, but that will never happen.
But just for the sake of the argument, there's also the Agent subclass and the Engineer subclass that could see use.

Monsters (I can never remember the abbreviation for them, MT?) I would love to see be amazing in a non-cheesy way. Domination would be the way to do that, I think. Just have them be able to benefit from their tendency to be the naturally biggest units on the board and that might be enough.
And yeah same as the other factions, there's subtypes which could be used. Just for flavor, I would love it if there were more of the Cursed subtype and strategies of using them.

SK - Honestly, I don't know. Seems like a well-rounded faction to me. Any cards they get they tend to soak up like a sponge and use often. And if the cards seem mechanically sound then I guess the only thing to hope for is that they're nice to look at as well.

SN - ... Where to even start. I mean they would need to get some big changes to old cards and some additional new ones so that more of their archetypes could work. I'm just incredibly happy that I'm not yet at the point where I might want to do the faction meta-contract for them.
Post automatically merged:

Aside from factions, I'd love to see Weather cards back in play as I have fond memories of them and they seem to be the one thing that's completely unusuable at the moment. I've got no ideas for how to make them functional though.
Same with Artifacts. I'd like to see them make a return but I dont know if that's possible without awakening the old no-unit toxicity in a new form.

As for cards related to the Witcher series' lore; I kind of hope they don't do that too much. There's only so much lore that's there to draw upon and they need to pace themselves or risk using it all up.
Rather than use known names and faces, I'd prefer them to create stuff of their own that feels like it fits with the setting.
Although I suppose they could create new cards featuring character we've seen before like they've done with Regis, Roche and Filippa.

Last edited:
Going off of Bleach's lead let's go faction by faction.

NR might get a working Warfare mechanic, which would be a new thing for NR since warfare cards seem to be special cards so we would get an NR special card based deck.
Another thing that could be developed would be NR's Soldier and Knight subtypes. There are some already popular cards with that subtype but their generally good due their abilities with the fact that they have that subtype being generaly forgotten.
NR seems to be pretty solid with siege machines, charges and boost setups so I'm not sure what could be improved upon there.
Maybe they could do some more things with the Shield status?

ST has had a lot of mechanics depending on having units of the same or of different "species" subtype. Maybe more could be done with that, adding more cards which get stronger with a varied selection of units on the field.
ST also has some seedling of a build that focuses on moving units. I think more could be done with that as well. Perhaps a mechanic that requires your own units to be moved (as adding too many cards that move enemies might end up being too strong)
Finally Traps is another thing that could see a revitalisations.

NG should get some more spies, I agree.
But the main thing they should get is some powerful, powerful nerfs. Either that or they should get no new cards at all while the other factions get plenty, but that will never happen.
But just for the sake of the argument, there's also the Agent subclass and the Engineer subclass that could see use.

Monsters (I can never remember the abbreviation for them, MT?) I would love to see be amazing in a non-cheesy way. Domination would be the way to do that, I think. Just have them be able to benefit from their tendency to be the naturally biggest units on the board and that might be enough.
And yeah same as the other factions, there's subtypes which could be used. Just for flavor, I would love it if there were more of the Cursed subtype and strategies of using them.

SK - Honestly, I don't know. Seems like a well-rounded faction to me. Any cards they get they tend to soak up like a sponge and use often. And if the cards seem mechanically sound then I guess the only thing to hope for is that they're nice to look at as well.

SN - ... Where to even start. I mean they would need to get some big changes to old cards and some additional new ones so that more of their archetypes could work. I'm just incredibly happy that I'm not yet at the point where I might want to do the faction meta-contract for them.
Post automatically merged:

Aside from factions, I'd love to see Weather cards back in play as I have fond memories of them and they seem to be the one thing that's completely unusuable at the moment. I've got no ideas for how to make them functional though.
Same with Artifacts. I'd like to see them make a return but I dont know if that's possible without awakening the old no-unit toxicity in a new form.

As for cards related to the Witcher series' lore; I kind of hope they don't do that too much. There's only so much lore that's there to draw upon and they need to pace themselves or risk using it all up.
Rather than use known names and faces, I'd prefer them to create stuff of their own that feels like it fits with the setting.
Although I suppose they could create new cards featuring character we've seen before like they've done with Regis, Roche and Filippa.

Journey is the perfect vehicle for new lore. For example, they could add a three brothers neutral card (the brothers that were chasing D and G,) which if played on the ranged row causes an enemy on the melee row to move to ranged, or if played on the melee row triggers damage to self and target equal to the base power of the brothers. Easy to do, lore connected, interesting card.

Personally, I'd love to see them explore some more previously unseen lands, like Ofir.

My Witcher lore isn't amazing by any stretch, I don't know what new lands there might be to 'explore'… but I absolutely loved the theme of the last expansion - it just felt so fresh.

Although, I suppose people might worry it would perhaps make the game not 'classic Witcher' enough - but still, personally, new lands is what I would like to see.

Last edited:
SY:
(i) a bit more support for the gang archtype (although this might not fit here)
(ii) Jacques de Aldersberg as a dual faction card
(iii) Jad Karadin (potentially as a dual faction card, but more as a fitting Witcher for SY,
also his right hand man is already a card in SY (Hammond),
Vienne could also be a dual faction card with ST)
(iv) Koshchey (as a dual faction card with MO)

MO:
(i) Wild Hunt archtype
(ii) more named monsters
(iii) Archespore getting a 1 point nerf and the thrive tag back
(iv) Weather (Foglet reworks/new cards and Dagon)

NG:
(i) Spies (it would be great to get an NG archtype, which does not feel like a zero sum game in terms of fun)
(ii) Maybe new Viper School Witchers (or at the very least a rework of the Viper School Witcher card)

Probably a card thats deploy is: if your opponent doesn’t have a useless card, win the game. If opponent has it, play the game.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've been asking for the Rats (Ciri's bandit gang) for years. It would also be nice to have a card for Falka, and for Rience.

And from Witcher 1, Jacques de Aldeberg. Weird the main antagonist of that game still has no card, even more when we already have Syndicate and related stuff.

[...]
And from Witcher 1, Jacques de Aldeberg. Weird the main antagonist of that game still has no card, even more when we already have Syndicate and related stuff.
Pretty much, but the case with Jad Karadin is also kind of weird (with his right hand Hammond being added for some reason, but not him).
Also since Letho/Saesenthesis and Eredin exist The Witcher 1 is the only game for which the main antagonist has not been added (and in fact even Azar Javed has been added (with Azar being a tool of Jacques)).
I mean even the King of the Wild Hunt from the first game exists in some way (as an avatar for 1000 MO wins).

Could still ball my eyes out that they got rid of the NR trio cards, never understood the reasoning sniff
Also, Redanian Knight Elect and Quen still MIA.

As for new new cards, I have no wishes other than that they are viable. There are enough cards with beautiful art design but not good enough viability as it is now, I'd hate to have more cards where I think "Oh, so pretty and the details!" but there's just no way to put it in your deck if you want a chance at winning :(

P.S.: I'd like for the leader cards of old to make a re-entry, I don't even remember them all, but I miss them... I liked the Eist leader card art more than his model, same goes for Usurper which was my favourite NG leader anyway (spies good times), if the model also slit someone's throat would be a nice touch but maybe a bit too plastic for a 13+ card game, and where's Dagon at anyway?

Last edited:
1) I predict more poison cards for monsters and skellige. I mean wtf, why they still can' t poison everything?
2) Please add a way to tripple play any Scenario by any faction. I think it would add great diversity to a game.
3) We need more Scerarios!!! One to each faction. Two to NG.
How about this NG Scenario:
-chapter 1 - play any unit from your deck.
-chapter 2 - play any unit from your deck, then banish your opponent's most provision card from their deck.
-chapter 3 - poison 11 random enemy, then poison already poisoned units.
In my opinion, it sounds great! BUT please, don't make this Scenario Doomed.
Second NG Scenario could be like this (sieze in general needs more support):
-chapter 1 - sieze any enemy unit;
-chapter 2 - lock 3 enemy untis and sieze a unit with higher power;
-chapter 3 - sieze 2 enemy units and place this Scenario on top of your deck.
In that case, we can stop worrying about not drawing Assire. RNG problem solved.
4) Maybe add Immune tag to any NG Scenario. Righg now, it can be destroyed by cheap bronze card, unfair! That can also help with the problem, that now we HAVE to have (to have to have) bomb heaver in every deck. With the immine tag we don't. Problem solved.
5) We need more cheap 4-5prov special 6-7 damage cards. Right now, it's just not enough!
Sometimes my unit has a chance to be alive 1-2 turns, which is totally unhealthy for the game.
6) We need more interesting cards, I predict it's about time. Remember SK wild boar? How about a card "Wild Siren of the Sea" that can "damage all enemy units by 1, then damage all enemy units by 1, then damage all enemy units by 1, then damage all enemy units by 1, then damage all enemy units by 1, then damage all enemy units by 1, then damage all enemy units by 1, then damage all enemy units by 1,". Again sounds very powerful, but at a closer look, it's not. You must play smart to avoid it and you will be fine.
7) SY kinda fallen behind. Even more poison is not enough. They lack big guns. Savolla is a good example. I predict several cards like that (and a reason to release another "patch" after several very interesting months).

What do you think about my predictions and suggestions?

Top Bottom